Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
maps apps crashing on startup, only waze is working, my offline map settings shows "something happened and we cant get to your maps, try again later" and nothing else, anyone know how to fix it? it could be as simple as deleting it but we cant access those files, thanks ms for making life so easy

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
1520 Display problems AGAIN!!!

There has been a lot of discussion about the display problems with the Lumia 1520 with many people claiming it is a hardware problem due to flexing. IF that is the cause can someone explain why it only happens with Windows 10. I have persevered this last 5 days to try to get 10 working and have rolled back to 8.1 and then back to 10 around 6 times. all clean installs and followed by hard reset as well, no restoring of any backups But still the problem persists

I am looking at it now as I type and there are scrolling screens, then double tap magnifications and back to normal size, random apps opening, occasional machine gun sounds as it types 20 or so random characters into a text box, sometimes cortana will suddenly tell me she hasnt understood something I haven't even said.
If I roll back to 8.1 it will work perfectly so there is no way this is a hardware problem - the devil takes over my phone totally! If I knew how to post it on here I would take a video of the screen to prove it !!

lynch7

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet so sorry, but I didn't have the time to go through the entire topic - Is it just me or the emoticons in skype (messaging app) aren't animated? They're shown as a stuck animation and I cant get them to "move" no matter what. The other thing is that in skype conversations I can't see when someone sends me a photo, it says "unsupported message format" or something, also I can't attach photos either and I thought that was implement in the app, or am I wrong?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

There has been a lot of discussion about the display problems with the Lumia 1520 with many people claiming it is a hardware problem due to flexing. IF that is the cause can someone explain why it only happens with Windows 10. I have persevered this last 5 days to try to get 10 working and have rolled back to 8.1 and then back to 10 around 6 times. all clean installs and followed by hard reset as well, no restoring of any backups But still the problem persists

I am looking at it now as I type and there are scrolling screens, then double tap magnifications and back to normal size, random apps opening, occasional machine gun sounds as it types 20 or so random characters into a text box, sometimes cortana will suddenly tell me she hasnt understood something I haven't even said.
If I roll back to 8.1 it will work perfectly so there is no way this is a hardware problem - the devil takes over my phone totally! If I knew how to post it on here I would take a video of the screen to prove it !!
It's so random I don't know what to think of it. But I've had it on both 8.1 and 10. However now when I'm on 8.1, after disabling both Glance Screen and Touch I haven't had a ghost touch or tap instead of scroll for over 24 hours while it happened like every 10 minutes before. In some way it seems like hardware AND software issue. Weirdly enough I get a lot more tap instead of scroll while on 10 than on 8.1. I haven't gotten a single one of them in two days now when I think of it. I only had the phantom touch issue now on 8.1 pretty frequently but not since I disabled Glance and Touch.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It's so random I don't know what to think of it. But I've had it on both 8.1 and 10. However now when I'm on 8.1, after disabling both Glance Screen and Touch I haven't had a ghost touch or tap instead of scroll for over 24 hours while it happened like every 10 minutes before. In some way it seems like hardware AND software issue. Weirdly enough I get a lot more tap instead of scroll while on 10 than on 8.1. I haven't gotten a single one of them in two days now when I think of it. I only had the phantom touch issue now on 8.1 pretty frequently but not since I disabled Glance and Touch.

I had very very infrequent occurrences in the past with 8.1 and I have said elsewhere that I thought pushing the SD card holder in seemed to cure it but may have been coincidence. The fault on 10 can start right away or a couple of minutes after booting it, but it is then constant ! Soft reboot sometimes works ... but ( and it is if I can manage to get control in order to do it) a normal shut-down will then give me two minutes use. Another problem that is strange is some words I have to enter twice before they appear on screen the first time nothing is displayed even though it was correctly typed !

I have just done a hard reset and monitored the process carefully. After the initial install the screen seemed very stable for quite some time, it then installed numerous apps such as here drive etc and was still stable. However the next stage is the installation of updates to the apps just loaded, it is after this process that the screen gets possessed by the devil ! I did hard reset twice and the second time I turned off wifi to stop installation of the apps and the phone was great ! Similarly after the apps had been installed I turned off wifi again to stop the updates and the phone has worked perfectly for an hour. Soon as the updates installed the mayhem started again

Last edited:

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I got Glance and touch screen updates last night on a Lumia 830, and Glance weather still doesn't work for the built-in weather app or Amazing Weather HD? Anyone else seen these updates and have the same issue?

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
After doing a hard reset on my 1020 everything works much better except for battery utilization, even after disabling most of the background task for most apps which I've never done in 8.1. I also tried disabling sync settings and it didn't do much, it seems that on Wi-Fi it's almost ok but as soon as I go full cell it starts to drop fairly quickly. On a day like today with very little use I would normally get about 24 hours on 8.1 with battery saver triggering around midnight. With W10M I get about 6 hours before hitting battery saver and even with that enabled I'm lucky to get another 30-40 mins.

Reverting back to 8.1 now, hope to be back soon as I do prefer 10.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I got Glance and touch screen updates last night on a Lumia 830, and Glance weather still doesn't work for the built-in weather app or Amazing Weather HD? Anyone else seen these updates and have the same issue?
Those apps would need to be updated for WM10. Third party apps were not allowed to to use the glance screen API on WP8.1 so I highly doubt Microsoft would have enabled it on WM10.

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
After about a week, I noticed these:
1. If you launch Camera from lock screen, took a picture, and press back; there's a noticeable delay for the clock and lock screen details to show up.
2. When I unlock the phone, the lock screen wallpaper pops up first and then followed by clock. Again, there's a delay of about 0.5-1 sec.

These doesn't affect the daily usability but affect the user experience.

640xxxl

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
After hard reset on this build no more notification center scroll lag. Also, had problem with dialer lag, now that seems gone too.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Update on my 1020:

1. Battery usage has gotten worse, or maybe I haven't been stuck in the house so been off Wi-Fi more often but still drastically worse than on 8.1. Even on Wi-Fi and hardly using my phone I get about 8-9 hours where I'd get at least 24 hours before. Heavy use on 8.1 would get me from about 8am to 11pm before battery saver would kick in. Yesterday on W10M I got 6 hours while at home and this morning I stepped out and my phone shut off after 3 hours. Went through all the background tasks and don't see anything that I didn't have set in 8.1.

2. SMS is still slow to interact with, take a while for conversation list to come up then clicking into a conversation again takes a while to show the conversation. Sending a text takes quite a while to actually send after typing and the typing itself is laggy compared to other areas of the OS. Additionally, I get no notification alerts for SMS received although the integrated Skype does notify. I checked Messaging background task and it is running.

3. Like others launching any mapping apps just fails.

Overall I like the look and direction of WM10, mail and calendar are much improved. However, I can't test if I can only get 3-6 hours of battery when not using the phone, while using the phone the battery drain is ridiculous. Since others with battery issues have tried soft and hard resets with no success I'll have to revert to 8.1 and perhaps test the next build if these battery issues are addressed.

BTW, I updated last Friday so I've given the OS plenty of time to "settle down" with what it has to do after an upgrade.

I have to agree with you on the first point. My battery lasts only if I don't use it. As soon as I start using internet, both wifi and cellular, the battery level drops fast, Like 1% per minute

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Are you able to use project my screen? If yes, can you install this software on your pc called "active presenter". It's a desktop screencasting application. Basically you use it to record whatever you do on the screen. There are many options for what you can do from recording a small portion of the screen to the whole screen to just an application window

So what you can do is start up "project my screen" and then use active presenter to record whatever is happening on your lumia 1520 screen. Save the video and you can then share

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After doing a hard reset on my 1020 everything works much better except for battery utilization, even after disabling most of the background task for most apps which I've never done in 8.1. I also tried disabling sync settings and it didn't do much, it seems that on Wi-Fi it's almost ok but as soon as I go full cell it starts to drop fairly quickly. On a day like today with very little use I would normally get about 24 hours on 8.1 with battery saver triggering around midnight. With W10M I get about 6 hours before hitting battery saver and even with that enabled I'm lucky to get another 30-40 mins.

Reverting back to 8.1 now, hope to be back soon as I do prefer 10.

You're not alone. Battery drops severely when using internet especially cellular. Standby levels are almost as good as 8.1 rates. But battery usage with internet is high

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Got excited when I saw the glance update last night.

925 with fast ring, had the glance setting screen, but no settings on it, just the title.

Now after update, all the settings, but I only see them for a fraction of a second as screen opens and shuts straight back down to previous screen.

Closer.......

Will try hard reset when I get home.

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You're not alone. Battery drops severely when using internet especially cellular. Standby levels are almost as good as 8.1 rates. But battery usage with internet is high

I already reverted back to 8.1 bec. of battery drain and photography related issues. I also prefer the new interface of W10M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077