Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Then again it could be due to testing period, and they need the info. So whatever we do the data will be transferred. Besides that any info about next build maybe?

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have no issue if they need testing data but it should not be sent over cell consuming data plans, if I didn't have a 3GB plan I would have been in for quite a bit of money to my provider. Personally I think this is a bug in the current version.

I'm currently doing another hard reset to see what happens but I can't continue messing with W10M at the rate it is consuming my data plan.

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
You should read EULA before installing test version :D Buy yeah i agree it shouldn't be done over cell data plan, if they need that they should put it over wifi only

poppizel

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the display is consuming between 96% to 75% of battery on a 1520. The drain rate, about 1.5% per hour, is greater than I experienced on the 1520 using 8.1. Windows 10 mobile was installed yesterday so this is early. I have set the display on low instead of automatic to see if this slows down the rate. I have kept apps at what they were when on 8.1. Anyone else note the display consumption and any suggestions how it can be controlled other than the usual choices in settings?

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the display is consuming between 96% to 75% of battery on a 1520. The drain rate, about 1.5% per hour, is greater than I experienced on the 1520 using 8.1. Windows 10 mobile was installed yesterday so this is early. I have set the display on low instead of automatic to see if this slows down the rate. I have kept apps at what they were when on 8.1. Anyone else note the display consumption and any suggestions how it can be controlled other than the usual choices in settings?

I have notice this too (on 930). I already had my display set to low brightness. Now I am going to the extras display settings to adjust the brightness profile to set the low brightness value to lower than its default value; as it turns out low and medium values were quite close and so there's still room for the value to go even lower.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
After thinking I had found the solution to the devil screen problem several times I am fairly confident I have now. I noticed that if in the cradle in my car it was stable, but not in my hand after just a couple of minutes of use. If it is having a crazy session which is most of the time when I am using it, then if I put it down after 5 minutes or so it settles down. After some messing about I realised that in my case it is temperature related, As soon as the area around the front camera gets warm then off it goes with its mad behaviour. This is why it also goes mad being charged on my Wireless chargers as that always makes the phone warmer

I had to replace the screen a few weeks ago, and in the process the heat shield tape that is on in the area of the top left corner near the front camera needed renewing. I noticed that the new tape was thinner than the old one but it was ok with 8.1 It is well documented that 10 makes the 1520 hot, and that tape evidently isn't doing the job as well as the old tape did, so I have ordered some loose foil to make my own. In the meantime if it has a mad session I sit it on an ice pack for a few seconds and it works LOL

It may well be that people with this problem on their 1520 have a heat sink that for some reason isnt efficient enough to cope with the higher running temperature of Windows 10

I will update this forum when I have fitted the improved heat sink tape

QueenKonga00

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys i have a Lumia 630, will the build run ok atm on it?, is this RTM build or should i wait for next one thanks. I've only 512ram so maybe its not enough , should i upgrade phone later for windows 10 i do love my 630.

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
My friend owns 630 and he upgraded to 10586. It is stable for now, but he noticed bigger battery drain than on 8.1 just like I did on my lumia 925. So everything works somehow okay for daily usage but battery life is worse.

balthazar23

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here on 640 XL Build 10586.11 experience very long time for app to install to SD card? I'm using SanDisk 32GB over WiFi connection, but still it took very long time for the install to complete with no movement at progress bar after it finished download (half-way stuck). I tried installing smaller apps, they are installed, but also took some time, longer if the app is bigger.

Any solution or workaround on this? Thanks.

I can't say this is a certain but you could try changing the card. I had problems with Sandisk when still on 8.1, kept saying that I need to scan and fix the card. The long install also. I changed to Toshiba and haven't had a problem since. Hope this will help

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
On my L1520.2 battery life is as good or better than 8.1. I have turned off several non-essential apps allowed to run in the background.

AmeriCanuck10

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Lately, I started having trouble with apps updating. Was giving me error messages. So I did soft reset, hard reset, restored from backup, and other apps started erroring out trying to reinstall. I even reset again and started with fresh phone. And even though apps are installing, others are still giving errors. Anyone know anything and know a solution?

640xxxl

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
check the app is background enabled, then soft reset

I did, checked also if threads were muted. Fixed it by changing default sound to something else - it's working again.

Now, only if there is a fix for Outlook live tile - it shows new/unread message info, but mails are already have been read and deleted.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have notice this too (on 930). I already had my display set to low brightness. Now I am going to the extras display settings to adjust the brightness profile to set the low brightness value to lower than its default value; as it turns out low and medium values were quite close and so there's still room for the value to go even lower.

How do you change that value for brightness? I can't find the setting.

Thank you in advance

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You are on to something for real, because i noticed fast battery drain and my phone lasts 8-9 hours of normal usage on this build. I own lumia 925 and i just checked usage details, but i'm always on wifi and my ''System" used 2.45 GB.......o_O

I believe system data usage is the sum of the data used to update apps in the phone. Mine is at 750MB on wifi. Don't know on cellular as I have kept a short data limit and I've not used cellular data in a few days

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Bought 640xl lte few days back. Planning to install 10586.11. Pls can anyone tell list of apps not working/missing in windows 10 store? Or anyone suggesting not to install????

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone stil getting multiple listings of apps in background apps list.I have this on my 640,mainly WhatsApp listed 4,or 5 times,but also happens with other apps,mostly 3rd party

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone stil getting multiple listings of apps in background apps list.I have this on my 640,mainly WhatsApp listed 4,or 5 times,but also happens with other apps,mostly 3rd party

Yep, I have this. Someone said it goes away after awhile, but it doesn't. There's a post about this in the feedback app, please upvote

Windows-Feedback:?contextid=336&feedbackid=b8018d09-d870-4759-87ac-fecb511209aa&form=2&src=2

It's interesting it's different apps for different people. For me WhatsApp is fine but myAppFree appears 3 - 6 times

Last edited:

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My tethering n data usage not working on lumia 920 updated with no hard reset.
Also mail notification works according to its will. Mostly no push. I have to manually refresh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel