Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Silly me, Answered my own question > http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...nstall-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview.html

Just so I am clear, What's the recommended safer way to upgrade. Is there anything I need to know before I go ahead and push the upgrade button!

Isn't there a guide around the forums somewhere, I can't seem to find it.

I went back to windows 8.1 for a while after a few minor niggles but I am 99% tempted to go back on to windows 10 since there has been a few revisions ;)

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have Lumia 720 with Denim update or wp8.1 update 1. Yesterday I installed windows mobile 10 install preview 10586 in slow ring. After install I do clean install with fresh start. But now tap to speak is not working at all, as I can't send message via talk or can't talk to Cortana. Another problem is Cortana is not replying of my typing like hello, as it's circle rotate and nothing happens and it crashed
I tried soft reset & hard reset still not success, any settings is missing or what.
Waiting for your reply?

Last edited:

tebling

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
After the Glance update last week, Glance stopped working entirely on my 1020 no matter what settings I choose :(

Also I'm having issues with the virtual keyboard popping up all the time when it shouldn't be (opening the Messaging app or the app list for example). Very annoying.

anubhavsrivas

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have Lumia 720 with Denim update or wp8.1 update 1. Yesterday I installed windows mobile 10 install preview in slow ring. After install I do clean install with fresh start. But now tap to speak is not working at all, as I can't send message via talk or can't talk to Cortana. Another problem is Cortana is not replying of my typing like hello, as it's circle rotate and nothing happens and it crashed
I tried soft reset & hard reset still not success, any settings is missing or what.
Waiting for your reply?

Select speech language as English U.K. This will surely work for you. It worked for me.

klueze

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
On my L830.

I just realize that my microphone doesn't work when I'm making/taking a call and the screen sometimes when blank.

Have done a hard reset and still nothing.

Recording sound & video works fine.

Anyone have any idea?

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Updated lumia 730 to 10586 w10 after a hard reset battery draining so fast. Any solution. please reply?

Try another hard reset, my experience is that W10M is different everytime it is installed. I've gone through 3 resets to fix various issues and the last one fixed my battery drain. My 1020 was draining in 5-6 hours including battery saver turning on at 20% on wireless and maybe half that on cell. That was also with all background tasks turned off, no Cortana and no location services enabled. After my third hard reset my phone last a minimum of 24 hours with battery saver at 20% using both wireless and cell. That is with Cortana and location services on and a majority of my apps running in the background.

It's like W10M has a mind of its own.

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone encountered muted notifications on messages, mail and other apps like WhatsApp. Its like i have muted or set no sound on notifications for these apps. Did a hard reset, after Installation from 8.1. L830

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone encountered muted notifications on messages, mail and other apps like WhatsApp. Its like i have muted or set no sound on notifications for these apps. Did a hard reset, after Installation from 8.1. L830

Check if notification sounds are all to "default" and change them.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Try another hard reset, my experience is that W10M is different everytime it is installed. I've gone through 3 resets to fix various issues and the last one fixed my battery drain. My 1020 was draining in 5-6 hours including battery saver turning on at 20% on wireless and maybe half that on cell. That was also with all background tasks turned off, no Cortana and no location services enabled. After my third hard reset my phone last a minimum of 24 hours with battery saver at 20% using both wireless and cell. That is with Cortana and location services on and a majority of my apps running in the background.

It's like W10M has a mind of its own.

Someone guessed hard reset sometimes delete the battery parameters too, and then operating system calibrates it to default.
Symptom is when after a soft reset, battery goes down suddenly of 15 / 20%

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting start screen locking up these days. Usually after exiting an app. A soft restart is the only way to recover. A shame because it has been running nicely.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting start screen locking up these days. Usually after exiting an app. A soft restart is the only way to recover. A shame because it has been running nicely.

I've had those start screen lockups since build 10581, though sometimes not much. I really wish they would fix that on the next one.

I most of the time having the issue when going back to start screen from these apps (all w10 uni apps):
-messaging
-new w10 facebook app
-perfect tube
-new w10 mytube
-camera
-photos
-Store

-I'm using lumia 1320

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Here Transit still not working
Groove Music still not properly shuffling music
looks like just some bug fixes.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If you play a song from the "G" list (or any other), it will only play songs beginning with G and H...it will not play anything else with shuffle on. If you don't use shuffle, Groove music will play all the songs in a row.

Another bug: Screen keeps brightening and dimming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers