Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
L1520...Getting quite fed up with these builds...seems there are problems with all of them. 1st kept getting notifications of unread mail when the emails had been deleted....had to do a hard reset to fix, then OneNone is inop...keeps saying it is installed but will not open....just takes me to the store each time and in the store it says it is installed. All my Office apps did this after the hard reset but after uninstalling the office apps and reinstalling them all is ok except for OneNote which cannot be uninstalled. Tired of the hours and hours trying to get Win10 Mobile to just WORK. Been a MS user since Win 7 Mobile and until 10 NEVER had issues....it always worked. Used to love showing people just how well the phone worked....how fluid....organized....how you can do things they can't with their iPhone and Android, but I'm afraid with all these issues and app gap I'm probably going to make the switch to iPhone. Just did another hard reset and will be up a few hours reinstalling without a backup this time but it will be the last. I never wanted to believe it but I think all the people in the forums stating how win10 Mobile just isn't ready may be right after all. Yes, iPhone is overpriced and can't do all the things my WinPhone can do, and I really hate the iPhone screen but at least it works.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
L1520...Getting quite fed up with these builds...seems there are problems with all of them. 1st kept getting notifications of unread mail when the emails had been deleted....had to do a hard reset to fix, then OneNone is inop...keeps saying it is installed but will not open....just takes me to the store each time and in the store it says it is installed. All my Office apps did this after the hard reset but after uninstalling the office apps and reinstalling them all is ok except for OneNote which cannot be uninstalled. Tired of the hours and hours trying to get Win10 Mobile to just WORK. Been a MS user since Win 7 Mobile and until 10 NEVER had issues....it always worked. Used to love showing people just how well the phone worked....how fluid....organized....how you can do things they can't with their iPhone and Android, but I'm afraid with all these issues and app gap I'm probably going to make the switch to iPhone. Just did another hard reset and will be up a few hours reinstalling without a backup this time but it will be the last. I never wanted to believe it but I think all the people in the forums stating how win10 Mobile just isn't ready may be right after all. Yes, iPhone is overpriced and can't do all the things my WinPhone can do, and I really hate the iPhone screen but at least it works.

Turn back to 8.1 instead buyin expensive I- crap. When 10 will be finished, you'll take a look

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
950 and 950XL have been released with Win10 and not hearing much good about them....just lost faith in Microsoft Mobile...was in IT/IS for 10 Yrs and never seen anything like this.

UPDATE: Now I find Skype and MSN Weather won't work either.....had to uninstall and reinstall Skype, uninstalled MSN Weather but cannot reinstall it....store keeps saying it already is installed.....what a piece of crap!

Last edited:

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, when you uninstall apps sometimes they fail to uninstall so you can't reinstall them. It's like Windows basically, but you can't get access to files or registries through cmd line tools. You have to root your device so to speak to properly uninstall them.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
950 and 950XL have been released with Win10 and not hearing much good about them....just lost faith in Microsoft Mobile...was in IT/IS for 10 Yrs and never seen anything like this.
I'm hearing a lot of good things about them!
So you are listening to the wrong people then!
Or, are you listening to the same people, over and over again........

UPDATE: Now I find Skype and MSN Weather won't work either.....had to uninstall and reinstall Skype, uninstalled MSN Weather but cannot reinstall it....store keeps saying it already is installed.....what a piece of crap!

A soft reset should solve those type of issues, shouting on internet doesn't.....

Josephpaul27

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 535 got an update to Windows 10 Mobile. I started upgrading but the battery drained out. Now whenever I start the phone, I see moving gears on the screen but after some time the phone restarts and it happens again. The battery is fully charged but it happens all the time.

I'm stuck, what should I do? Also my phone's power button doesn't work so I can't hard reset it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs