W10M has worst keyboard ever

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Huh, the keyboard is one of the things I still love in WP. One glitch, it stopped correcting im to I'm. Maybe I accidentally added im to the dictionary?

Akhil Kareem

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
yeah its better than theirs....

Windows Keyboard Is awesome actually.. but these bugs are the problem..

I don't even like the emoticons .. :/

Akhil Kareem

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
emoticons really give me a headache when I use it on WhatsApp and other apps. .. its so smaller and not clear.. chosing one emoji results in other... sometimes choosing a happy face emoji and sending in WhatsApp results in crying face .. :p

n thanks.. its happy to knw, am nt alone :)

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
mmm okay. I have already done it. But what about the emoticons? Emoji's - i cnt rely on them.. It sends some other emoji in chats..

And it's almost near finish. Next build is supposed to be the final as rumour says.

Next release is not final. Its the build submitted for release on new devices, but ms will continue to improve. You're obviously an insider, you'll see updates with improvements.

HinoMusouka

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's still better than keyboard in iOS, especially that my language doesn't have support there other than very stupid corrections.
However, I find 10586.11's keyboard as a step back. Swiping suggest nonsense, while on 8.1 it was usually right, the same with normal typing letter by letter. Quite sad, but hopefully it's going to get fixed. I just feel a little disappointed that the usual stance with W10M becomes "maybe they'll fix it soon(tm)"...

Last edited:

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard on windows 10 mobile is terrible. It literally makes me hate the operating system. I can type an "S" and almost every time it puts and "A". Like it needs calibration. On top of that, autocorrect hardly works.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This is completely according to me, what i feel, what i have experienced from my usage of Windows10Mobile build 10581 on my primary device. I feel that the Windows10Mobile has the worst keyboard ever. Some main reasons I feel that are:

1. Test recognition is bad.

2. While typing 'T' ,'Y' comes up instead (i didnt hav this problem on wp8.1)

3. Swipe keyboard has gone worst. I get 7/10 wrongs when i use swipe. Mainly when i swipe to type 'hi' it appears as 'ho'. (as said, never had this problem with wp8.1).

4. Emoticons (Emoji's) - they are actually a waste. Can't understand what some emoji means. Some look similar.,some r confusing, some can't be understood. Cant use in WhatsApp or other apps because it shows different emoji on WhatsApp and other apps

Refer : Open ur keyboard n see .. Frst Colum: Top n bottom emoji looks same.
I hope MS brings emoji similar to that in WhatsApp so we can use it directly from our keyboard. Extra new emoji that r not available in WhatsApp can be placed in another category.

5. As even Tom Warren and many other Tech websites reported, keyboards have rather interesting test suggestions.. Like "Can i touch your ...." (sry cnt upload pics/links here)

There are many other good features too::
1. New keyboards.
2. Cursor.
3. Listening (even though it doesnt work for me most f the time, takes time to turn on, sometimes).
4. Swipe on spacebar to change keyboard.
5. Clean Keyboard.

"I have to ..." is mildly amusing.

I've always had problems with just raw accuracy on WP keyboards going back to 8.0. The WP phone model does not matter. I constantly be "B" or "V" when trying to press the space bar. I frequently type "bit" when trying to type "but". This has never even happened to me on iOS or android keyboards. Other than that I do like the WP keyboard's other features and functions.

It's bad enough it keeps me to using swipe.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I think differences are there between region. While the UK keyboard version works great the Indian version is a joke. Also after updating it seems to have forgotten all the words which it has learnt from wp8.1

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
That's certainly possible. Make sure you turn on "Send Microsoft info on how I write to help improve typing and writing in the future"

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the keyboard is a major step back from 8.1, I installed W10m a couple of weeks back on my L930 and I'm getting far more typos. On top of that, when on edge wordflow text input usually takes two goes. The first is recognised but doesn't paste when I start the next word. Typing works fine bar the typos mentioned above.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Disagree totally. On my German keyboard I now have a comma key which I had before only by hitting shift first. Also I like the cursor knob. Clear improvement to me.

But... for all those out there you can also have individual keyboards in Win10 afaik. So eventually all needs will be covered when there are 240.000 keyboards available ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte