W10M has worst keyboard ever

Akhil Kareem

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
This is completely according to me, what i feel, what i have experienced from my usage of Windows10Mobile build 10581 on my primary device. I feel that the Windows10Mobile has the worst keyboard ever. Some main reasons I feel that are:

1. Test recognition is bad.

2. While typing 'T' ,'Y' comes up instead (i didnt hav this problem on wp8.1)

3. Swipe keyboard has gone worst. I get 7/10 wrongs when i use swipe. Mainly when i swipe to type 'hi' it appears as 'ho'. (as said, never had this problem with wp8.1).

4. Emoticons (Emoji's) - they are actually a waste. Can't understand what some emoji means. Some look similar.,some r confusing, some can't be understood. Cant use in WhatsApp or other apps because it shows different emoji on WhatsApp and other apps

Refer : Open ur keyboard n see .. Frst Colum: Top n bottom emoji looks same.
I hope MS brings emoji similar to that in WhatsApp so we can use it directly from our keyboard. Extra new emoji that r not available in WhatsApp can be placed in another category.

5. As even Tom Warren and many other Tech websites reported, keyboards have rather interesting test suggestions.. Like "Can i touch your ...." (sry cnt upload pics/links here)

There are many other good features too::
1. New keyboards.
2. Cursor.
3. Listening (even though it doesnt work for me most f the time, takes time to turn on, sometimes).
4. Swipe on spacebar to change keyboard.
5. Clean Keyboard.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard has had a few hiccups for me in the preview builds predominately being the cursor stutter. Never the less this is a preview build and there is no way these bugs won't get squashed prior to RTM.

Best thing to do really is to submit this in the feedback app, unless you have already done so?

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard did seem to take a step back. For a while it was pretty good on 10, but this last build seems a bit worse. Seems the "touch" zones aren't as accurate as they were in the past.

As TechFreak1 says, submit it as feedback.

Akhil Kareem

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
mmm okay. I have already done it. But what about the emoticons? Emoji's - i cnt rely on them.. It sends some other emoji in chats..

And it's almost near finish. Next build is supposed to be the final as rumour says.

Akhil Kareem

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
copy paste this in address bar and please upvote
Windows-Feedback:?contextid=39&feedbackid=caedd742-db54-476a-87e5-fe2665ca42ec&form=2&src=2

Clinton_O

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I just left feedback in the insider app about the keyboard, seems worst to me than the wp8.1 keyboard. Autocorrect/suggestions and touch recognition seems off

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just left feedback in the insider app about the keyboard, seems worst to me than the wp8.1 keyboard. Autocorrect/suggestions and touch recognition seems off

And I can't argue that point. 8.1 was better. I have more errors in this then 8.1 and the red dot is always in the way.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My typing has been a bit of a mess in 8.1 and 10, nothing to get too upset about. "time" usually changes to Tom, wether swiping or stabbing, of which doesn't exist in my contacts. This is one instance of similar issues. No cache clearing or resets have stopped this. 10 has been worse as it can take multiple tries of backspacing to get the word I want. The one downfall of predictive text, as I purposely spelled words in this post incorrectly and they were fixed without intervention, so not all bad. Still love me some WP8.1 and W10M.

Do region and language account for any extremes?

Edit: I'm being watched. The feedback app just asked for the first time ever if I like the keyboard. Neutral response.

Last edited:

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
"Worst keyboard ever"? Ever? But 'ever' hasn't happened yet. :wink:

Yeah, there's glitches but for the most part I haven't experienced any deal breaking issues on this 10581 build as far as the kb is concerned.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
In the keyboard settings you can set a setting that helps MS learn your typing behaviour for better prediction. It actually has helped quite a lot since i enabled it. Although there are still weird ones like you mention, overall it has gotten much better. I think that setting was enabled by default in 8.1, can't say for sure as I hope to never go back to it again hehe.

Adam Frix

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Worst keyboard ever? Haha.

It's not quite as good as the one from 8.1 yet, but it's still miles ahead of Google Keyboard or iOS keyboard.

Can't speak for iOS, but on Android nobody cares about Google's keyboard. People either take the kb that comes from the particular manufacturer, the one that's included with his skin (such as TouchWiz from Samsung), or they find a third party alternative--such as SwiftKey, which I used.

I hate screen keyboards. I'm seriously looking at switching to a Blackberry Priv (from my Lumia 635) for this very reason, plus the fact that I could use Android for a couple reasons. While I want to take a close look at 950XL, what gives me reason to pause is (a) screen keyboard, combined with (b) no option to change that to anything else if it really doesn't suit my needs.

Come on, MS. Even Apple has given in to this keyboard thing and allows third party keyboards. Don't stick us with what you think is the ultimate; let us choose.

the1

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Can't speak for iOS, but on Android nobody cares about Google's keyboard. People either take the kb that comes from the particular manufacturer, the one that's included with his skin (such as TouchWiz from Samsung), or they find a third party alternative--such as SwiftKey, which I used.

I hate screen keyboards. I'm seriously looking at switching to a Blackberry Priv (from my Lumia 635) for this very reason, plus the fact that I could use Android for a couple reasons. While I want to take a close look at 950XL, what gives me reason to pause is (a) screen keyboard, combined with (b) no option to change that to anything else if it really doesn't suit my needs.

Come on, MS. Even Apple has given in to this keyboard thing and allows third party keyboards. Don't stick us with what you think is the ultimate; let us choose.

Funny thing; I would love to get the Blackberry VKB if possible. I refuse to purchase another Android phone, so I'm holding on to my 1520 while waiting on Blackberry to hold a fire sale for the Passport SE. Since they sold their soul for marketshare, I don't mind getting their stuff on the cheap now...lol

Jeroen Vos

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Funny thing; I would love to get the Blackberry VKB if possible. I refuse to purchase another Android phone, so I'm holding on to my 1520 while waiting on Blackberry to hold a fire sale for the Passport SE. Since they sold their soul for marketshare, I don't mind getting their stuff on the cheap now...lol

Another funny thing, you can install the Blackberry VKB on any Android device nowadays... :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix