Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking at his twitter account and he's saying it start to roll out today

Sorry i just read it carefully and it says about the pc version

Last edited:

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My biggest complaints about 10581 are performance and battery life. Granted, I'm on a 920 that I've had for 1.5 years, but 8.1 was *butter* on it, and would still be at 90% at the end of a work day (I don't use it much during work hours, so that's mostly standby time). Fix those things, life will be great. Add stability, life will be perfect.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
My biggest complaints about 10581 are performance and battery life. Granted, I'm on a 920 that I've had for 1.5 years, but 8.1 was *butter* on it, and would still be at 90% at the end of a work day (I don't use it much during work hours, so that's mostly standby time). Fix those things, life will be great. Add stability, life will be perfect.

For me on L535 battery is good, what I need is better integration with Windows 10 desktop, some kind of app or something to access call and text, if I'm not wrong send / receive text was there in Nokia PC Suite during old Nokia days.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For me on L535 battery is good, what I need is better integration with Windows 10 desktop, some kind of app or something to access call and text, if I'm not wrong send / receive text was there in Nokia PC Suite during old Nokia days.

I agree with you, Nokia PC Suite was just great. I could send dozens of messages at a go from there.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
seriously? I tried it from 8.1 and it's a DOWNGRADE - so much is still broken it's not even funny.. RTM? - you're having a laugh !!

Easy buddy, its just my opinion, nothing serious. 10581 is working good for majority, of course there are bug fixing and other fine tuning they need to do before RTM, but we're not going to get many new features, they've already added most of announced features expect some camera and lock screen stuff.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you, Nokia PC Suite was just great. I could send dozens of messages at a go from there.

I use Project My Screen App for texting from desktop but without keyboard support its not that good. This app need keyboard and mouse input options like Windows Mobile Emulator in SDK.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait to get both my phone and surface updated this weekend. I am going to put 581 on my 1020. I want to try that cool text from my surface using Cortana. That will be awesome. I can sit at my desk, table etc, and communitcate without having to use my phone all the time. quicker and easier. That's cool stuff!

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Since we already have automatic backup of texts from phone to cloud, and desktop has access to same cloud, it shouldn't be too hard to make your texts appear on desktop.
You mean 'Sync messages between devices' option on phone? Do I have to enable something on desktop Messaging app?

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
We can now send texts from desktop thanks to Cortana...it actually works really well, and is a much better implementation of "text from PC" than anything else (because it still sends the message via SMS). I'm guessing they're still working on incorporating it into the Messaging app, but they've at least connected the pipeline of data as a starting point. This will either be in an app update in the future, or maybe a new build next spring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99