I hope OS 10586 is Much Better!

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
10581 runs okay on my Lumia 830 but it is not nearly as smooth as 8.1 and I have hard reset my phone twice. My home screen blinks often, there are 9 apps that will not update, my phone seems to unlock more often while in my pocket even though I have a PIN lock turned on.

Some live tiles do not reliably update quickly enough. This applies also to the latest Outlook which was updated yesterday.

-Rich

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
10581 is a pile of crap - still far too buggy on my 1520.3

miracast - broken
hey cortana - broken

and this is coming out to phones in five days!! - this is going to be disaster

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
There are many more things broken - see the thread here in the forum.
I not expect miracles. Plus it is only small increase in build number. And it has been around for a few days already, at least the screenshots.
Either a new build or 86 which I expect to be like all the prior builds: fix one thing . break one thing working before.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I talk bad about the 830 more and more, so why stop, it's earned it. 1581 runs much better on my 640 and 822, I can't say why other than this 830 is a giant piece of garbage.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing that 10581 is more optimized for the newer chipset in the 640 at least for now.

-Rich

I talk bad about the 830 more and more, so why stop, it's earned it. 1581 runs much better on my 640 and 822, I can't say why other than this 830 is a giant piece of garbage.

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
10581 is a pile of crap - still far too buggy on my 1520.3

miracast - broken
hey cortana - broken

and this is coming out to phones in five days!! - this is going to be disaster

Yoda: Faith in your device, misplaced may be. As is your faith in the dark side of the Force.

btw. Cortana is on sick leave due to stress. She is coming back soon.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
1) No micro SD card on 10581.
2) Cortana will not perform voice commands as in 8.1 ie: "Cortana, play Billy Joel Glass Houses." it just displays a Bing page. She will open Groove, but will not cue music.
3) Cortana is irratic answering texts by voice when listening to audio on BT headset. Sometimes she cannot understand what I sat at all and sometimes she does not read them, and sometimes she does not resume audio that she interrupted.
4) Cannot set custom ringtones, this is the second time they broke this.
5) I still do not see syncing between PC and phone like color, theme etc.
6) If you pause an audio track on Groove with BT headset, it will not restart unless you do it in a short time, with Music or Xbox in W8.1 and W7.5 it seems to me the paused song would resume on play button press even an hour later, (provided the BT headset wasn't shut off)

Can't think of others off the top of my head, but there are other quirks for sure.
The battery life has been great, just did a long trip, 18 hours and still at 35% using for audio, BT, and some web browsing.
I really like outlook and calendar. (They sync well)

HOPE ALL THIS PLUS MORE IS FIXED

(HTC One M8)

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm running 581 on an 'old' 1320, and have had very few issues. Battery lasts 2 days. No issues with Outlook and no crashes.

My one issue is with Cortana. Very slow to open and read texts and tile doesn't update.

Just remembered....when opening sms, keyboard opens and covers the text input box.

Apart from that, it's not bad. Band works fine with it, no dropped calls, no mails missed etc.. I like it

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm running 581 on an 'old' 1320, and have had very few issues. Battery lasts 2 days. No issues with Outlook and no crashes.

My one issue is with Cortana. Very slow to open and read texts and tile doesn't update.

Just remembered....when opening sms, keyboard opens and covers the text input box.

Apart from that, it's not bad. Band works fine with it, no dropped calls, no mails missed etc.. I like it

Why my 1320 battery only lasts for 1 day for this build?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Why my 1320 battery only lasts for 1 day for this build?

I have no idea why. My 1320 behaves really well, considering it's 'old' tech.

Did you do a hard reset? Believe it or not I did first time, but not second time, and got away with it.

I always stop things running in background, and close apps when I'm done. I do a lot of emailing and texting, and probably two or three hours of calls a day.

My 1320 was a recent purchase off of Amazon. Sold by Microsoft, and got it for very little money. It was NOS. As for battery length, all devices will perform differently. This is down to age of power cell, charging habits and conditioning of a Li-ion battery, and such menial things as environment and distance from cell tower through to colour of start screen (white / light) is a killer and what games / apps used.

Comparison of battery between different devices wont usually highlight issues, due to the above. If there is a marked difference between OS's then there is some detective work required. A hard reset, without restoring (pain in the butt, but hey) may be an idea if you haven't already...

Sorry I cant be of more help. Patience is a virtue and hopefully 10586 will be here soon

daniel cooper2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Something is wrong with windows 10 mobile they just don't want to say. Why
else would they not release any new builds. they better call apple for some help

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
else would they not release any new builds. they better call apple for some help

Maybe they can call the team that was responsible for the iOS 8 release, that OS was garbage... iOS 9 has been a pleasant surprise compared to 8..

I don't even bother with W10M, its not there yet...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

the entire development time something has been going wrong. They've taken strides but they're just adding more polish the stuff recently.

you're reading into it too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb