I hope OS 10586 is Much Better!

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Any idea as to when the next build is due and/ or when the final (to the extent that it is so) is to be released? I thought it would be sometime this week.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Any idea as to when the next build is due and/ or when the final (to the extent that it is so) is to be released? I thought it would be sometime this week.

Our only source of information about builds is from Gabe Auls twitter account which up to a couple of weeks ago was pretty reliable.

He used to tweet often about builds and keep insiders informed on future releases.

Then suddenly out of nowhere,his tweets became very conflicting,or not at all.This began around about the time stories were circulating about bricking issues with the new build 10586.

Since then his tweets have mainly been

"No news to share on this today"

Before his tweets were informative with some explanation on progress etc...

Last week he did tweet that it would be

"a couple more days before we see a mobile build"

Yesterday:

"No news to share on this today".

Then later:

" don't generally preannounce builds. Once we're all ready to roll it out we'll let you know".

If we are to go by these tweets,then we will never know when the next build will be released.Could be tomorrow,could be 6 weeks.It should be sooner rather than later though

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Our only source of information about builds is from Gabe Auls twitter account which up to a couple of weeks ago was pretty reliable.

He used to tweet often about builds and keep insiders informed on future releases.

Then suddenly out of nowhere,his tweets became very conflicting,or not at all.This began around about the time stories were circulating about bricking issues with the new build 10586.

Yesterday:

Then later:

" don't generally preannounce builds. Once we're all ready to roll it out we'll let you know".

If we are to go by these tweets,then we will never know when the next build will be released.Could be tomorrow,could be 6 weeks.It should be sooner rather than later though

Hehe can't blame him though, he's trying hard with all the replies :)

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Btw, any of you folks noticing something odd with the Mail app on the latest build of W10M? The swipe to delete/ flag is not working. It crashes the app. But a long press still brings up options which includes deleting a mail.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
10581 is a pile of crap - still far too buggy on my 1520.3

miracast - broken
hey cortana - broken

and this is coming out to phones in five days!! - this is going to be disaster

I have a 1520 from ATT. I had issues with EDGE not working on my first upgrade to W10M and reverted and waited a couple of days and upgraded again. The second go round I had issues with hey Cortana and clear my band and other band apps. I did a couple of hard resets and let it take its time and the hey Cortana came back and allowed training. (You have yo so into settings and find hey Cortana and enable it) Venetasoft came out with updates for their band apps which fixed the issues with those a few days ago and My 1520 is working better than 8.1. I don't use miracast yet so I can't speak about that.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Yesterday:

Then later:

Not really. They have been confusing and conflicting also before. Remember "the one bug" that he claimed to cause the delay for a new build was the upgrade bug and that they just want to release a build without bugs - a bad joke and full of sarcasm; it's an insider build, bugs is daily business. And then suddenly he was not eager to release two builds in row with that upgrade-bug that made you roll back to WP8.1.

It's obvious there is no plan or schedule for WP10M so I not doubt even Aul has no idea what to tell. It is normal for MSFT that if there is something negative or bad news, like further delay or more features cut down, they not comment. It happened with the infamous september-upgrade for WindowsRT which turned out to be more than lame and it is the same with the release of W10M.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Thus far my lumia 830 has been smooth. I do notice however that sometimes when a messenger notification comes in and i click it it crashes messenger. This is very recent too. It could be because I have installed quite a lot of apps these days. I have folders with lots of tiles pinned. But other than this one problem I haven't experienced anything else.

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
This build freezes then after i restart my battery is down by 20%, it is frequently happens now.

Using a lumia 1320
Having a similar issue here too on my 520. Phone freezing followed by a soft reset really takes a toll on battery charge percentage. Still I'm hoping 10586 to be a huge step ahead almost equal to 8.1 denim.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I really miss not being able to swipe over to see messages from a contact when looking at their contact card. Hoping they'll bring that back at some point.

Also, I notice the messenger tile doesn't update reliably. It still shows 1 unread, even though I just read it. And I really hate receiving tweets in my messenger app, even though I have the twitter app installed. Is that by design?

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Gabe knows. I'll have to buy him a duster for his crystal ball :) Like most on here, my telepathy skills are really poor. Lol

He's busy enjoying his beer, just hope that it is in celebration in advance of RTM'ing the Windows 10 Mobile build in advance...

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Heads up...

On twitter today.Gabe Aul says:

"Sunny with a chance of build"

when responding to a user who asked what the build forecast was for the day.

Looks like the best sign yet that the build will finally release....

Then again

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Thus far my lumia 830 has been smooth. I do notice however that sometimes when a messenger notification comes in and i click it it crashes messenger. This is very recent too. It could be because I have installed quite a lot of apps these days. I have folders with lots of tiles pinned. But other than this one problem I haven't experienced anything else.

I also had this problem on 10581 on a Lumia 830. Haven't been able to test on 10586 yet.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
ive downloaded and installed 10586 on my 1520.

had a problem with Groove on 10581 so a hard reset it (tried everything first)

seems very fast! even with 89 app downloads/updates happening in the background.

i have a feeling this will run well. just hope the battery lasts as long as 8.1 did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss