Device is charging slowly

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I have used multiple chargers from multiple manufacturers (including Microsoft's own) but I am still being prompted by this:

To speed up charging, use the charger and cable that came with your device.

But I am using the charger provided by Microsoft (and other chargers as well). I had performed multiple hard resets (around three to four) . Is this hardware related or something?

Thanks for the help!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I have used multiple chargers from multiple manufacturers (including Microsoft's own) but I am still being prompted by this:

But I am using the charger provided by Microsoft (and other chargers as well). I had performed multiple hard resets (around three to four) . Is this hardware related or something?

Thanks for the help!

Clean the phone and cable usb with air and retest. Check for connector to be firmly inserted with no lags

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks for the help!

Clean the phone and cable usb with air and retest. Check for connector to be firmly inserted with no lags

Waqar Amin

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
hey bro i also noted frequent prompts of this notification but the good news is, you can turn it off.. here is how:
wp_ss_20160123_0001.png
Go to Devices in settings
2. open USB
3. turn off notification if my usb is charging slow

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
there are some pretty crap cables out there too, don't expect too much performance from a $1 cable.
Also, the shorter the cable, the quicker the charge

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
hey bro i also noted frequent prompts of this notification but the good news is, you can turn it off.. here is how:
View attachment 121028
Go to Devices in settings
2. open USB
3. turn off notification if my usb is charging slow

Then you would complain of slow charge with no knowledge of why.
Why turn this feature off? The phone is trying to tell you something, so instead of doing something about it, you just tell it to shut up, I don't care ..... go figure

Evelina Kulcinskaja

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
Then you would complain of slow charge with no knowledge of why.
Why turn this feature off? The phone is trying to tell you something, so instead of doing something about it, you just tell it to shut up, I don't care ..... go figure

I am personally really thankful for that advice, as the 'slow charging' notification kept popping up every minute incl. The sound. It did not stop when i checked the suggestions etc. Sometimes it would start doing it in the middle of the night! I have thought of changing phone bc of it, but now I will not need to. I have tried to restart the phone and will try to use compressed air once i can access it.

Anselm Kersten

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
I am personally really thankful for that advice, as the 'slow charging' notification kept popping up every minute incl. The sound. It did not stop when i checked the suggestions etc. Sometimes it would start doing it in the middle of the night! I have thought of changing phone bc of it, but now I will not need to. I have tried to restart the phone and will try to use compressed air once i can access it.

Me too. I charge my phone at home and at work, both using the charger provided with the phone, and I get the same notifications in both cases. I've switched the notifications off.

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Me too. I charge my phone at home and at work, both using the charger provided with the phone, and I get the same notifications in both cases. I've switched the notifications off.
You could try this:
Remove the battery from the phone
Dip a Q-tip in alcohol/methylated spirit
Use Q-tip to clean battery terminals and charging terminals inside phone
Ensure everything is clean and dry
Replace battery

WRTIPPERY

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
It's still a pain, there is nothing the matter with my device, this is a false positive aggravation that I don't need to deal with, I vote turn the dumb thing OFF.

Williams88

Sep 7, 2019
Visit site
I am by and by extremely appreciative for that guidance, as the 'moderate charging' notice kept springing up each moment incl. The sound. It didn't stop when I checked the proposals and so forth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05