Hi All,

I have used multiple chargers from multiple manufacturers (including Microsoft's own) but I am still being prompted by this:

Device is charging slowly
    To speed up charging, use the charger and cable that came with your device.

But I am using the charger provided by Microsoft (and other chargers as well). I had performed multiple hard resets (around three to four) . Is this hardware related or something?

Thanks for the help!
    11-16-2015 01:28 PM
    Hi All,

I have used multiple chargers from multiple manufacturers (including Microsoft's own) but I am still being prompted by this:

But I am using the charger provided by Microsoft (and other chargers as well). I had performed multiple hard resets (around three to four) . Is this hardware related or something?

Thanks for the help!
    Clean the phone and cable usb with air and retest. Check for connector to be firmly inserted with no lags
    11-16-2015 01:49 PM
    Hi All,

Thanks for the help!
    Clean the phone and cable usb with air and retest. Check for connector to be firmly inserted with no lags
    11-16-2015 01:50 PM
    Sure will do. Thanks!
    11-16-2015 01:51 PM
    hey bro i also noted frequent prompts of this notification but the good news is, you can turn it off.. here is how:
    wp_ss_20160123_0001.png
    Go to Devices in settings
    2. open USB
    3. turn off notification if my usb is charging slow
    01-23-2016 07:10 AM
    there are some pretty crap cables out there too, don't expect too much performance from a $1 cable.
    Also, the shorter the cable, the quicker the charge
    01-23-2016 10:35 PM
    But for me this is a issue...which might get resolved after the official w10m update and firmware
    01-23-2016 10:42 PM
    hey bro i also noted frequent prompts of this notification but the good news is, you can turn it off.. here is how:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160123_0001.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	121028
    Go to Devices in settings
    2. open USB
    3. turn off notification if my usb is charging slow
    Then you would complain of slow charge with no knowledge of why.
    Why turn this feature off? The phone is trying to tell you something, so instead of doing something about it, you just tell it to shut up, I don't care ..... go figure
    Cheea Jan likes this.
    01-23-2016 10:48 PM
    Thanks, It helps me and now I am able to charge my phone easily without recursive & irritating notification.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-31-2016 06:56 AM
    Restart your phone. It worked for me.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-31-2016 07:20 AM
    If you are facing this issue for your mobile with preview build, try removing battery for couple of minutes. This should fix issue for getting low charging notifications.

This worked for me for Lumia 730.
    08-22-2016 09:43 AM
    Will try. Thank you.
    08-22-2016 08:25 PM
    Then you would complain of slow charge with no knowledge of why.
    Why turn this feature off? The phone is trying to tell you something, so instead of doing something about it, you just tell it to shut up, I don't care ..... go figure
    I am personally really thankful for that advice, as the 'slow charging' notification kept popping up every minute incl. The sound. It did not stop when i checked the suggestions etc. Sometimes it would start doing it in the middle of the night! I have thought of changing phone bc of it, but now I will not need to. I have tried to restart the phone and will try to use compressed air once i can access it.
    04-02-2018 05:13 PM
    I am personally really thankful for that advice, as the 'slow charging' notification kept popping up every minute incl. The sound. It did not stop when i checked the suggestions etc. Sometimes it would start doing it in the middle of the night! I have thought of changing phone bc of it, but now I will not need to. I have tried to restart the phone and will try to use compressed air once i can access it.
    Me too. I charge my phone at home and at work, both using the charger provided with the phone, and I get the same notifications in both cases. I've switched the notifications off.
    07-04-2018 05:15 AM
    Me too. I charge my phone at home and at work, both using the charger provided with the phone, and I get the same notifications in both cases. I've switched the notifications off.
    You could try this:
    Remove the battery from the phone
    Dip a Q-tip in alcohol/methylated spirit
    Use Q-tip to clean battery terminals and charging terminals inside phone
    Ensure everything is clean and dry
    Replace battery
    07-04-2018 08:47 AM
    It's still a pain, there is nothing the matter with my device, this is a false positive aggravation that I don't need to deal with, I vote turn the dumb thing OFF.
    11-19-2018 04:01 PM