10586 - What to do about all the apps that keep failing to update?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
A few that were failing last night are succeeding today. I suspect Gabe's explanation is valid and these are being addressed at the store level.
Rate Your device, Motion Data, Glance Screen, Extras & Info, Here Maps, .............etc, all just succeeded for the very first time.
My Store Refresh is clean as a whistle!

Just goes to prove things folks are working on these things continuously. Even while we sleep.

I just checked after your post, and I still have the issue on my unbranded 640 dual sim, AT&T 1520, and AT&T 640 XL. Perhaps their changes need to propagate through some more servers or something...

I'm curious if any of this will happen on my new 950 XL after a hard reset. Hopefully it's all resolved by then :D

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Some of the apps now are updating correctly on my 1520 but not my 640 yet. Looks like they are fixing it model by model.

EDIT: Make that all the apps on my 1520 have no updated with zero errors! Yay MS!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
and I still have the issue on my unbranded 640 dual sim

All the apps on my 830 and 925 (both denim) finally updated (yay!) but on my AT&T branded 640 are still failing. May it has something to with Microsoft Lumias or phones that launched with Update 2 + newer firmware.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have two apps that won't update on an OOBE 950. Lumia Help and Advanced Info. Just refreshed my 1520 for my wife on latest build and all apps updated fine. I had 4 that wouldn't on that same device, from a refresh when the build came. Slightly frustrating.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact problem. Plus, a new app appeared for update. However, it has no icon when listed as an update in the Store and if you click the retry button or the close button for it Store crashes back to the Start screen.

Anyone else got this? I have a 640XL.

Picture of said app:

http://1drv.ms/219ENTP

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Didn't work for me.

Funnily enough, many of the apps listed are, apparently not compatible with my device.

So why try to update them?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact problem. Plus, a new app appeared for update. However, it has no icon when listed as an update in the Store and if you click the retry button or the close button for it Store crashes back to the Start screen.

Anyone else got this? I have a 640XL.

Picture of said app:

http://1drv.ms/219ENTP

I have the same issue, mate. 5 apps iconless, and store crashes when I try to dismiss them. Soft reset doesn't change anything.

I believe this will be fixed server side, as it's now ok on 1520, 930 or 830. 640 and 535, though, have still these apps pending.

The applications ARE compatible, but it's a licence issue. They APPEAR not to be compatible. An evidence: Extras+infos was updated to a W10 M version ("Extras+infos" and not "extra+infos") on previous builds. So that's certain : that app IS for W10M. But the store thinks it's not and it fails to install.

So wait & see. All 1520 users who reported the problem to be fixed say: it solved by itself. No hard reset etc. required.

So we just need to wait that it's cleared for 640, 640XL and other devices.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, mate. 5 apps iconless, and store crashes when I try to dismiss them. Soft reset doesn't change anything.

I believe this will be fixed server side, as it's now ok on 1520, 930 or 830. 640 and 535, though, have still these apps pending.

The applications ARE compatible, but it's a licence issue. They APPEAR not to be compatible. An evidence: Extras+infos was updated to a W10 M version ("Extras+infos" and not "extra+infos") on previous builds. So that's certain : that app IS for W10M. But the store thinks it's not and it fails to install.

So wait & see. All 1520 users who reported the problem to be fixed say: it solved by itself. No hard reset etc. required.

So we just need to wait that it's cleared for 640, 640XL and other devices.

Thanks for the update. I hope it gets resolved soon.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
We all know that, only repeating every other page here: store issue, fixed device by device, 1520, 930 and 830 cleared (maybe other Lumia as well), other will be fixed soon.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
pankaj981 said:
All the apps on my 830 and 925 (both denim) finally updated (yay!) but on my AT&T branded 640 are still failing. May it has something to with Microsoft Lumias or phones that launched with Update 2 + newer firmware.

Nope, I still have the issue on my 640 but also on my 535 dual sim. It's just that MS have to clear device-type by device-type the licencing issue on the store. I don't understand why it takes so long. So far, 1520,930,830,735 have been reported to be ok (I should add 925 according to your message).

640/535 : not yet, and 435 still stuck too according to reports read this morning.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Just tried my unbranded 640 after your post:

Extras & Info, touch, Transfer my Data, Network services, motion data, Rate Your Device, all succeed now. HERE Maps and HERE Drive+ still fail. (BTW, the variation in the caps and no caps on all those titles bug the hell out of me, WTF MS lol)

EDIT: HERE Drive+ just installed after a reboot. HERE Maps still fails tho.

EDIT2: HERE Maps now installs as well.

I'll check my AT&T 640 XL in a few...

EDIT 3: AT&T 640 XL is good now too.

Sweet.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium