Just an FYI on SD cards with LOTS of stuff on it.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My 1520 Nokia has an SD card of 60 gigs. It's loaded with photos! I upgraded yesterday to 10581 and I noticed that the phone was SLUGGISH. It turned out that the phone took all of a day to scan and index the SD card photos. Once the scan was done, the phone became very responsive.

I noticed this because when I first upgraded, I check to make sure my pics were still there and many of the albums had black thumbnails. over the next few hours, thumbnails began to pop up and just a few mins ago, over 24 hrs after upgrade, I noticed that ALL album thumbnails were populated. I also noticed that the phone became super responsive, like it was with 8.1.

So, FYI, if you upgrade - and I suspect this will be true in the final release as well - and your SD card is packed full of pics, expect slow responsiveness until the card is indexed.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Good bit of advice, I'm sure some people will appreciate it. I currently don't have an SD card in my little Insider device (mostly because the 32GB I do have is slow and hardly works. I can only put about half a GB of stuff on it). I'll keep that in mind for when I eventually upgrade my Lumia 830 though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb