Lumia 435 on 8.1 is faster than my 930 on 10586

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
We're at the "RTM" build for W10M, so how is it that my mom's Lumia 435, the cheapest and lowest Lumia available, opens native apps (Messaging, People, Phone etc.) faster than my Lumia 930, a former flagship?

Don't get me wrong, I love all the new features - in terms of features, W10M feels like a significant step up. And 3rd party apps written for W10M are faster than their 8.1 counterparts. But are the features worth the sacrifice is stability, polish and speed? I'm not so sure.

It's kind of frustrating that my phone feels like it's taken a big step back in terms of speed. I honestly thought that by RTM, things would be much better, but they're not.

PS: okay, so, the title is a little misleading to grab attention. I'm willing to admit that :angel:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
We're at the "RTM" build for W10M, so how is it that my mom's Lumia 435, the cheapest and lowest Lumia available, opens native apps (Messaging, People, Phone etc.) faster than my Lumia 930, a former flagship?

Don't get me wrong, I love all the new features - in terms of features, W10M feels like a significant step up. And 3rd party apps written for W10M are faster than their 8.1 counterparts. But are the features worth the sacrifice is stability, polish and speed? I'm not so sure.

It's kind of frustrating that my phone feels like it's taken a big step back in terms of speed. I honestly thought that by RTM, things would be much better, but they're not.

PS: okay, so, the title is a little misleading to grab attention. I'm willing to admit that :angel:

O my god, thats NOT A RTM, it's another inside build. !!!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
My 1320 has vastly improved. I can have 8 or 9 apps open and no resuming. I'm quite impressed for an 'older' device... Just updated a 640 and same again. Just waiting for the 435 to finish and will let you know....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but maybe theres more factors at play than just raw performance. A word I would not use to describe 10 so far is consistent across devices, and even between the same model.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site

since the latest build, I have yet to see resume screen, majority of apps opens in less than1 second (tried using project my phone to get fps and calculate actual time but usb streaming is at a mere 24-30fps so no dice) used fcpx to determine frame on which app opens and its under 1 second, which is faster than 8.1 at an average of 1.5 seconds.

will post video and frame by frame analysis to back up my claim. but as of now, your statement on w10m on 930 being slow is (insert adjective here)

by the way, I have 620 and an 8x on 8.1 and both are slower than the 930 in almost every aspect (duh..) so I call BS on your mom's 435 being faster.

will post vid within the next 24 hours

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
since the latest build, I have yet to see resume screen, majority of apps opens in less than1 second (tried using project my phone to get fps and calculate actual time but usb streaming is at a mere 24-30fps so no dice) used fcpx to determine frame on which app opens and its under 1 second, which is faster than 8.1 at an average of 1.5 seconds.

will post video and frame by frame analysis to back up my claim. but as of now, your statement on w10m on 930 being slow is (insert adjective here)

by the way, I have 620 and an 8x on 8.1 and both are slower than the 930 in almost every aspect (duh..) so I call BS on your mom's 435 being faster.

will post vid within the next 24 hours

Yeah because that's what I do, I come onto online forums to make up lies about my phone's software, because I have so much to gain from doing that.

You must be one of these people who will defend anything Microsoft does with your life, regardless of how minor or major the criticism from someone else is. How pleasant of you to come along and completely undermine my experiences and opinions.

I have no interest in your videos. Please refrain from interacting with me in the future.

RkNguyen

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
1. Does "Tranfer my data" work on your 1320 ? -> mine doesn't. It jumpts to start screen whenever i tap it. (i do have SD card, and can install app on my SD).
2. Have you updated all app through app store ? Is there anything left without name in update page of store ? -> mine 1320 has 2 "unknown apps" and cannot update. Tap -> jump to start screen.
Thanks.

My 1320 has vastly improved. I can have 8 or 9 apps open and no resuming. I'm quite impressed for an 'older' device... Just updated a 640 and same again. Just waiting for the 435 to finish and will let you know....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon