10586 - How to set sound for SMS?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
On my 640 dual SIM, under notifications and sounds, the messaging app is not listed. How do I set the sound for SMS on this build? Outlook and others are right there, but not messaging. I did hard reset it after install and I do have both messaging boxes for each sim as I should.

Thanks!

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember off the top of my head, and I don't have my phone on me at the moment, but it's somewhere in Settings, probably right where you were looking. Sorry this isn't too helpful, but I can at least confirm it's in there somewhere.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
On my 640 dual SIM, under notifications and sounds, the messaging app is not listed. How do I set the sound for SMS on this build? Outlook and others are right there, but not messaging. I did hard reset it after install and I do have both messaging boxes for each sim as I should.

Thanks!

I missing this notification setting, as well as others.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
settings -> personalization -> sounds
scroll to bottom and look for manage app sounds
then scroll down and find messaging.
click it.
can change sound and where notifications display
did you recently update?
if so did you hard reset after the update?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
settings -> personalization -> sounds
scroll to bottom and look for manage app sounds
then scroll down and find messaging.
click it.
can change sound and where notifications display

Not on mine. As I said, messaging does not appear in that list of apps I can change notifications on like Outlook and others do.

Do you have a dual sim phone?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
This is interesting! I received a text to one of my messaging boxes and now it shows up in the sound settings! I sent a test tezt to my other and not it shows too!

Must be a bug where it won't show until used. At least I can change the sounds now tho!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05