Upgrading from 10581 tp 10586, phone shows a ligtining bolt and gear screen!

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
so I was upgrading my lumia 925 to 10586 and it kept rebooting -as expected- but now it shows a lightning bolt and gear screen and it's completely unresponsive. I tried windows recovery tool but it doesn't detect the phone. anybody have an idea how to fix this?

jwspradlen

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Turn your phone off, boot up the device recovery, let it load and select whatever device you use. When it says searching for device turn your phone on and it'll detect it.

jwspradlen

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Make sure your phone is plugged into the computer when you turn it on. You can even leave it In there while your loading up device recovery. Just when it says looking for device restart your phone. It won't detect it while it shows the lightning bolt and gear.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It's Microsoft FFU Download Mode with lightning bolt and gear screen.
It appears when you power up device then press Volume Up on the manufacturer logo.

Try with button hard reset:
• Hold VolDown, press Power, release VolDown when exclamation mark appears
• Press VolUp, then VolDown, then Power, then VolDown
• It will do hard reset now.

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to do this all night, I gave up eventually and woke up find that the battery ran out so I connected to the charger it took a while to walk up, it kept rebooting again. I tried the button hard reset and it worked!! thanks everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre