Where did enabling Quiet Hours on calendar busy events go?

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Call me late, but I've just noticed Quiet Hours doesn't have the option to trigger based on calendar events any more :(

I used in this WP 8.1 for my work calendar and it was awesome, why have Microsoft removed it? Is it coming back?

(Build 10586, thought it looks like its been removed for sometime!)

As this build is being pre-installed on the 950/XL I was a little surprised that its missing entirely.

GrandSpartan117

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am with you. I used this for work as well. it was awesome because I had the schedule turn on during the overnight hours and then when I was at work it would come on because of my calendar. I had a pretty sweet automatic system going. I just realized after 3 days of having my 950 that this is gone. Something they need to add back for sure.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's part of Microsoft's strategy to remove all that was good, synergistic and unique about this platform and clone an android experience.

Sorry for being sarcastic. :'(

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Because of the reported issues with Outlook Mail app and calendar, I'm sure they have to work those kinks out first in order for quiet hours to work properly. When I first jumped on the latest preview, you could link your mailboxes... but they pulled that because of issues. So am I waiting for that to come back as well as quiet hours. In due time... patience with preview builds.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope by the time I get my 950 XL in early December an Insider build has it, I've realised I really relied upon on this automation quite heavily, because its a set it and forget it type of thing.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Because of the reported issues with Outlook Mail app and calendar, I'm sure they have to work those kinks out first in order for quiet hours to work properly. When I first jumped on the latest preview, you could link your mailboxes... but they pulled that because of issues. So am I waiting for that to come back as well as quiet hours. In due time... patience with preview builds.

Not linked. Quiet hours is managed by Cortana, and she's catching up *very* slowly with her 8.1 level. To be fair, she has features we didn't have in 8.1

But for instance, until previous build (10581), you couldn't edit a reminder! Just to changed the title, date or hour --> you could only terminate/delete it! Now we can edit.

So I guess someday quiet hours associated to busy periods will come back, I hope sooner than later, because I used to use it a lot at office :/

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
It is still available on Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 640xl, it seems it's something related with Windows 10 mobile. Hopefully Microsoft is working on this, it's weird they do remove things that are working just fine right now, is there a place where you can see publicly if Microsoft is working on this?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It is still available on Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 640xl, it seems it's something related with Windows 10 mobile. Hopefully Microsoft is working on this, it's weird they do remove things that are working just fine right now, is there a place where you can see publicly if Microsoft is working on this?

They only seem to publicly respond if a few million people complain. If only a few thousand people care it doesn't seem to get much response.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
They only seem to publicly respond if a few million people complain. If only a few thousand people care it doesn't seem to get much response.

Not exactly true either. Look at the OneDrive backslash. Yet to see a response from Microsoft.

I'm sure it will be added back, just hope its sooner rather than later.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly true either. Look at the OneDrive backslash. Yet to see a response from Microsoft.

I'm sure it will be added back, just hope its sooner rather than later.

They actually did say something at least. :) I was just talking about some kind of communication on the matter. We also had the "round profile photos are staying and you better get used to it" as well as the hamburger reasonings.

They may have found people thought quite hours was "confusing" and removed it or only used by 10% of people. Seems to be their reasoning for all the WP10 features hack and slash.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I also discovered this functionality missing last night after upgrading my Icon to 10. I used to brag about this feature to my Android and iPhone family members. Now it's gone. Poof. Makes no sense.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile = Not even on par with 8.1 much less IOS/Droid

I mean really ? Shipping a half A$$ OS ? Oh.. I'm sorry.. it's "Windows as a Service" (translation... you are a beta tester)

I would ;) but it's not really funny anymore. :(

Moshe Raab

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this feature was missing when I was in a meeting with management and one of my ringtones went off.

We need this feature back. it was one of the most useful features in windows phone 8.1

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the 2 things I want back from WP 8.1

It's the only feature I seriously miss and would have half considered not updating had I realised sooner! Yet in the feedback app, the upvotes for it seem lower than expected, maybe its more business/enterprise focused for us workers that have both personal accounts and Exchange configured on our devices?!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's the only feature I seriously miss and would have half considered not updating had I realised sooner! Yet in the feedback app, the upvotes for it seem lower than expected, maybe its more business/enterprise focused for us workers that have both personal accounts and Exchange configured on our devices?!

Have you tried chianging the status event to Busy instead? I noticed some advanced option but never tried. Maybe it means that...

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried chianging the status event to Busy instead? I noticed some advanced option but never tried. Maybe it means that...

By default calendar events would set to be busy, at least that's the case on my work one (Exchange). The entire functionality in Cortana is missing in Windows 10, we must wait for MS to add it back

Moshe Raab

May 30, 2014
Visit site
There are many copies of the suggestion in the feedback section, probably several hundred over the last few months. But it is hard to find.
I suggest everyone ask Cortana for the feedback app. and then filter on Cortana search for keyword busy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos