The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-22-2015 03:27 AM
53 123
tools
    Has anyone noticed any difference in the sounds of default ringtones after installing latest build.

I too am happy with this build and with the latest update for apps all is good....but one thing i noticed from 8.1 the assign tones like windows voicemail sounds different in 10 than in 8.1...y so. I have different sounds for the same ringtone assigned to group in WhatsApp and different sound for wpcentral app ....any one any idea
    11-20-2015 11:25 PM
    Very satisfied on my 1520 except for:

1) SMS not restoring and the messaging app crashing when trying to attach anything.
    2) Edge favorites syncing still buggy

I was able to train my voice and Cortana is working great for me. I must say, battery life is excellent on this build! Streaming Pandora on the new W10 app and using Waze didn't kill my battery as usual..
    How do you train it ? I can't find any options to implement "Hey Cortana" I have read it is in the settings under Notebook , but it is missing, Annoying as it worked fine in 8.1 !!
    Last edited by Wes Halton; 11-20-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    11-20-2015 11:35 PM
    How perfect? I can do 3 days with 8.1
    3 days?!!! There are so many things you can do with these devices.....Dude do you ever use your phone?
    11-21-2015 02:27 AM
    How do you train it ? I can't find any options to implement "Hey Cortana" I have read it is in the settings under Notebook , but it is missing, Annoying as it worked fine in 8.1 !!
    Search "cortana" in your settings, or hit the "Extras" at the bottom
    11-21-2015 02:35 AM
    3 days?!!! There are so many things you can do with these devices.....Dude do you ever use your phone?
    Lumia 1520 battery is pretty big
    11-21-2015 03:06 AM
    I charge my lumia 535,to times at day.I reinstall this bild but i can update the app.in store.
    11-21-2015 04:36 AM
    yep me too on my L535 it seems removing that android thing fixed everything xD
    well i have to say battery is pretty damn good :D and everything else runs great ^_^
    now only get some apps to universall and some new apps and its a done deal for me :3 i like this update it was worth the w8 :D
    11-21-2015 04:56 AM
    Cortana is just horrible everything else I guess is working ok. If I ask how long it will take to get to one of my favorites or ask it to remind me to do something when I arrive it gives me web results it doesn't recognize home and many others saved in my favorites even though its there Cortana bing and maps don't seem to be integrating well at this point my battery life saw no improvement over the previous build which is kind of a bummer I can barely get 8 hours with my 1520 that's about 5 hours less than with 8.1 for the same use. This build on my surface pro significantly increased my battery life but not on the phone by a long shot. I sure hope 10586 is a whole lot better on the 950s than it is on my 1520 yikes. I also had to roll back and I did a hard reset because hey Cortana refused to learn my voice after a hard reset that started working fine.

Ok guys I did a hard reset and no back up reinstalled everything and Cortana works great know picks up all my favorites and she isn't confused anymore it was a bit painful retoring from fresh but worth it my 1520 running like well oiled machine battery life still up in the air I am trying differnt things to see if I can bump it up a bit so far seems to been running great. If you are having tiny issues try hard reset with no back up.
    11-21-2015 08:28 AM
    Ok guys I did a hard reset and no back up reinstalled everything and Cortana works great know picks up all my favorites and she isn't confused anymore it was a bit painful retoring from fresh but worth it my 1520 running like well oiled machine battery life still up in the air I am trying differnt things to see if I can bump it up a bit so far seems to been running great. If you are having tiny issues try hard reset with no back up.
    How do you get apps you've downloaded in the past back? Just downloading them one by one?
    11-21-2015 08:34 AM
    Search "cortana" in your settings, or hit the "Extras" at the bottom
    Still no joy... very strange !! There is no way to access it and yet there is a menu entry to add it to the let it always work list under battery saver !
    11-21-2015 09:58 AM
    Cortana is just horrible everything else I guess is working ok. If I ask how long it will take to get to one of my favorites or ask it to remind me to do something when I arrive it gives me web results it doesn't recognize home and many others saved in my favorites even though its there Cortana bing and maps don't seem to be integrating well at this point my battery life saw no improvement over the previous build which is kind of a bummer I can barely get 8 hours with my 1520 that's about 5 hours less than with 8.1 for the same use. This build on my surface pro significantly increased my battery life but not on the phone by a long shot. I sure hope 10586 is a whole lot better on the 950s than it is on my 1520 yikes. I also had to roll back and I did a hard reset because hey Cortana refused to learn my voice after a hard reset that started working fine.

Yeah, Cortana would hear my voice either. Before when I rolled back to 8.1, she did it just fine without even having to be in the favorites. I would just put in my location. But now I'm on this new TP, she's acting up again. After I did a hard reset Cortana could hear me, but the appointment reminders for still not there.
    11-21-2015 10:05 AM
    The build is ok.. Still has a lot of problems for low end phones.. Using phone with running music in background makes the phone slow n stutter, store freezes sometimes.. Phone freezes sometimes, loading still appears while opening sys apps..
    11-21-2015 10:12 AM
    Still no joy... very strange !! There is no way to access it and yet there is a menu entry to add it to the let it always work list under battery saver !
    Did you hard reset after upgrade. Hard reset delivers correct firmware deployment and often fixes a lot of strange things going on with your phone.
    11-21-2015 10:33 AM
    I had 10581 and reverted back to 8.1.....then installed 10586. Seemed ok for awhile then a few little things not working correctly like some apps crashing on opening. My keyboard kept poping up when it was not called for in a few apps like messenger and a couple others.

So after a few days I did a hard reset on 10568 and it fixed most all problems I had before....but a couple other things popped up. Though better after hard resetting.....still no way its close to RTM like this. Store is borked somewhat and lots of apps have to catch up with the updates it seems.

I think nothing will be stable until they have a RTM or threshold set in place. I think lots of dev's are just waiting to update apps after an official Win 10 Mobile is finally released.
    11-21-2015 12:11 PM
    still no way its close to RTM like this. Store is borked somewhat and lots of apps have to catch up with the updates it seems.
    Sadly though RTM is probably what I'll end up being, ready or not, as for the store, pretty disgraceful in my opinion.

I think nothing will be stable until they have a RTM or threshold set in place. I think lots of dev's are just waiting to update apps after an official Win 10 Mobile is finally released.
    "Until" could be a loooong time too going at this pace and if past history means anything, especially if the "one forward, two back" mentality continues to ensue. Wouldn't doubt many dev's are choosing to hold off for stability reasons rather than RTM, the latter only means they made it available to the masses (non insiders) and not that it runs well.
    11-21-2015 03:01 PM
    Did you hard reset after upgrade. Hard reset delivers correct firmware deployment and often fixes a lot of strange things going on with your phone.
    Yes, I have done so a couple of times, the last two occasions have resulted in it appearing in the "extras" menu along with the glance command which wasn't there before either. If I open glance it is empty , and if I open Hey cortana it shows a cog image for a second or two and then says it isnt available for this phone. Very odd !! btw Thanks for replying, its very much appreciated!
    11-21-2015 03:10 PM
    I just installed it on my 1520 and everything is perfect!!
    11-21-2015 03:10 PM
    Why are you duplicating this extant thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...tm#post3303933 ?

As for me, very happy on my 640/535 ;)
    11-21-2015 03:54 PM
    I've just installed this build on my 1020. This is the very first time I have used Windows 10 Mobile . I can't understand why anyone is happy with this build. Compared to Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Apps are always crashing, I can't get Cortana to work, when I swipe up and down the start screen just slightly, it teleports me to a different section of the start screen making it very difficult to use, the new photos app is terribly slow, the list goes on and on. I installed this build because I heard that this is the build that Microsoft will release. Microsoft better not release this. The only reason I'm not downgrading my phone back to 8.1 right now is because I have some apps that are no longer available and I don't want to loose them.
    11-21-2015 06:59 PM
    I've just installed this build on my 1020. This is the very first time I have used Windows 10 Mobile . I can't understand why anyone is happy with this build. Compared to Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Apps are always crashing, I can't get Cortana to work, when I swipe up and down the start screen just slightly, it teleports me to a different section of the start screen making it very difficult to use, the new photos app is terribly slow, the list goes on and on. I installed this build because I heard that this is the build that Microsoft will release. Microsoft better not release this. The only reason I'm not downgrading my phone back to 8.1 right now is because I have some apps that are no longer available and I don't want to loose them.
    If you don't hard reset, it's gonna' be a bad time, honestly. I learned that.
    11-21-2015 07:20 PM
    pretty good, fast but occasionally hangs and just some minor bugs.
    11-21-2015 08:47 PM
    My HTC One didn't have many problems with the last build although after couple weeks button freezes got to be more common. This version seems to be very stable on this phone and almost makes me think its close to the end. I have noticed a bit of a loop one time restarting the phone. ( I restart my Apple IPhone 6 plus once a week or when it starts acting strange.) The loop consisted of starting up but then restarting a couple more times before I finally saw the bright red Verizon screen.

I'll be honest about it. I actually like the phone again and may forgo the 950 for the time being. It doesn't have the camera of the 950 nor Continuum but it is very snappy now. Runs most everything just fine. I am running low on battery near the very end of the day but I'm not sure that I haven't been playing with the phone a lot more then previously.

MG
    11-21-2015 10:09 PM
    I've not had a major issue with any build thus far, really just incremental improvements in fluidity and battery life on my 925. Minor gripes like MSN Weather doesn't work with the lockscreen, no custom alert pre mail account in Outlook (which I'm sure will be fixed in an app update) and unable to change the quick action buttons.

Might get a 950 at some point when the price comes down a bit, continuum and OTG might be useful depending on where I'm woring by then.
    11-22-2015 12:57 AM
    I think its total crap. The longer I used it, the more apps crashed or froze. Had to restart my 1520 a few times a day. My wife's 1020 slowed to a crawl and had similar crashes and freeze as my phone. Had to revert back both phones to 8.1 today. I really loved the new features, apps, and started to like the new look. Someday I'll install W10M again, but for now, no thanks.
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    11-22-2015 01:09 AM
    Full of bugs in so late stages... screen freezes.. i pity people who bought lumia 950...
    11-22-2015 03:06 AM
53 123