Is anyone else happy with build 10586.11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I too am very happy with this build. That too on my Lumia 525 which is a budget phone and that says something. Previous builds had me getting depressed but this build has me so pumped. One of the reasons I'm acting very optimistic.

akshay waghray

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I too am happy with this build and with the latest update for apps all is good....but one thing i noticed from 8.1 the assign tones like windows voicemail sounds different in 10 than in 8.1...y so. I have different sounds for the same ringtone assigned to group in WhatsApp and different sound for wpcentral app ....any one any idea

Alpedra

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I?m happy with it. There are a couple of small bugs here and there and there?s still room for improvement, but it?s already good enough to be a daily driver on my phone...

akshay waghray

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any difference in the sounds of default ringtones after installing latest build.

I too am happy with this build and with the latest update for apps all is good....but one thing i noticed from 8.1 the assign tones like windows voicemail sounds different in 10 than in 8.1...y so. I have different sounds for the same ringtone assigned to group in WhatsApp and different sound for wpcentral app ....any one any idea

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Very satisfied on my 1520 except for:

1) SMS not restoring and the messaging app crashing when trying to attach anything.
2) Edge favorites syncing still buggy

I was able to train my voice and Cortana is working great for me. I must say, battery life is excellent on this build! Streaming Pandora on the new W10 app and using Waze didn't kill my battery as usual..

How do you train it ? I can't find any options to implement "Hey Cortana" I have read it is in the settings under Notebook , but it is missing, Annoying as it worked fine in 8.1 !!

Last edited:

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
yep me too on my L535 it seems removing that android thing fixed everything xD
well i have to say battery is pretty damn good :D and everything else runs great ^_^
now only get some apps to universall and some new apps and its a done deal for me :3 i like this update it was worth the w8 :D

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Cortana is just horrible everything else I guess is working ok. If I ask how long it will take to get to one of my favorites or ask it to remind me to do something when I arrive it gives me web results it doesn't recognize home and many others saved in my favorites even though its there Cortana bing and maps don't seem to be integrating well at this point my battery life saw no improvement over the previous build which is kind of a bummer I can barely get 8 hours with my 1520 that's about 5 hours less than with 8.1 for the same use. This build on my surface pro significantly increased my battery life but not on the phone by a long shot. I sure hope 10586 is a whole lot better on the 950s than it is on my 1520 yikes. I also had to roll back and I did a hard reset because hey Cortana refused to learn my voice after a hard reset that started working fine.

Ok guys I did a hard reset and no back up reinstalled everything and Cortana works great know picks up all my favorites and she isn't confused anymore it was a bit painful retoring from fresh but worth it my 1520 running like well oiled machine battery life still up in the air I am trying differnt things to see if I can bump it up a bit so far seems to been running great. If you are having tiny issues try hard reset with no back up.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys I did a hard reset and no back up reinstalled everything and Cortana works great know picks up all my favorites and she isn't confused anymore it was a bit painful retoring from fresh but worth it my 1520 running like well oiled machine battery life still up in the air I am trying differnt things to see if I can bump it up a bit so far seems to been running great. If you are having tiny issues try hard reset with no back up.

How do you get apps you've downloaded in the past back? Just downloading them one by one?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Cortana is just horrible everything else I guess is working ok. If I ask how long it will take to get to one of my favorites or ask it to remind me to do something when I arrive it gives me web results it doesn't recognize home and many others saved in my favorites even though its there Cortana bing and maps don't seem to be integrating well at this point my battery life saw no improvement over the previous build which is kind of a bummer I can barely get 8 hours with my 1520 that's about 5 hours less than with 8.1 for the same use. This build on my surface pro significantly increased my battery life but not on the phone by a long shot. I sure hope 10586 is a whole lot better on the 950s than it is on my 1520 yikes. I also had to roll back and I did a hard reset because hey Cortana refused to learn my voice after a hard reset that started working fine.

Yeah, Cortana would hear my voice either. Before when I rolled back to 8.1, she did it just fine without even having to be in the favorites. I would just put in my location. But now I'm on this new TP, she's acting up again. After I did a hard reset Cortana could hear me, but the appointment reminders for still not there.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The build is ok.. Still has a lot of problems for low end phones.. Using phone with running music in background makes the phone slow n stutter, store freezes sometimes.. Phone freezes sometimes, loading still appears while opening sys apps..

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Still no joy... very strange !! There is no way to access it and yet there is a menu entry to add it to the let it always work list under battery saver !

Did you hard reset after upgrade. Hard reset delivers correct firmware deployment and often fixes a lot of strange things going on with your phone.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I had 10581 and reverted back to 8.1.....then installed 10586. Seemed ok for awhile then a few little things not working correctly like some apps crashing on opening. My keyboard kept poping up when it was not called for in a few apps like messenger and a couple others.

So after a few days I did a hard reset on 10568 and it fixed most all problems I had before....but a couple other things popped up. Though better after hard resetting.....still no way its close to RTM like this. Store is borked somewhat and lots of apps have to catch up with the updates it seems.

I think nothing will be stable until they have a RTM or threshold set in place. I think lots of dev's are just waiting to update apps after an official Win 10 Mobile is finally released.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
still no way its close to RTM like this. Store is borked somewhat and lots of apps have to catch up with the updates it seems.

Sadly though RTM is probably what I'll end up being, ready or not, as for the store, pretty disgraceful in my opinion.

I think nothing will be stable until they have a RTM or threshold set in place. I think lots of dev's are just waiting to update apps after an official Win 10 Mobile is finally released.

"Until" could be a loooong time too going at this pace and if past history means anything, especially if the "one forward, two back" mentality continues to ensue. Wouldn't doubt many dev's are choosing to hold off for stability reasons rather than RTM, the latter only means they made it available to the masses (non insiders) and not that it runs well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb