Static Ring Tone - HTC One M8

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
With 10581 and now 10586 (both factory reset after install) - after a restart, incoming calls sound fine (my custom ring tone plays okay). After running Groove and playing music over bluetooth (in my car), incoming calls sound horrible. The ring tone plays but is torn up with static and cracking - like the speaker was blown.

If I restart the phone - everything is fine again, until I play music with Groove.

Anyone else having this problem with the HTC M8?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks to me more like it needs a firmware update. I don't have an M8 but some of us had a similar issue with TP builds before receiving the Cyan firmware.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah - I think T-Mobile abandoned that phone as I've never seen one update for it. I'm seriously considering the 950 unlocked. I assume if it's unlocked both OS updates and firmware updates will come from Microsoft.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
With 10581 and now 10586 (both factory reset after install) - after a restart, incoming calls sound fine (my custom ring tone plays okay). After running Groove and playing music over bluetooth (in my car), incoming calls sound horrible. The ring tone plays but is torn up with static and cracking - like the speaker was blown.

If I restart the phone - everything is fine again, until I play music with Groove.

Anyone else having this problem with the HTC M8?

I don't use an m8, thankfully, but I noticed the same thing on my 640 xl. Ringtones and pressing buttons seems to glitch out and make this sound as if my speakers are blown. It only started today.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone with a 950 have this same issue? Ringtones are fine until you play music with Groove (over Bluetooth)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium