Messaging + Skype and Skype Video issues

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Two problems:

1) (SOLVED) Messaging + Skype - I cannot switch from Sim texting to Sype messaging, the option is greyed out despite skype being setup.

2) Skype Video - there is no option to change microsoft accounts. It only lets you use whatever microsoft account you used when you set up your phone. I have another MS account that i prefer to use for skype.

Last edited:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi

for 1), for a given contact, have you checked his or her profile in People hub? Sometimes, they're not properly linked (you can Skype-text only to contacts who have a Skype account)

RkNguyen

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
2. Have you ever tried to use below methods ? (i only have 1 account so i never use it :) but i think it works).

i. Use Skype app, there is an option to sign out in "..." at the lower left corner. have you ever tried to use it ?

ii, Also, you can add your 2nd Microsoft account in Setting-> Accounts-> your email and accounts-> Accounts used by other apps.

Plz feedback if they works for you.

Two problems:

1) (SOLVED) Messaging + Skype - I cannot switch from Sim texting to Sype messaging, the option is greyed out despite skype being setup.

2) Skype Video - there is no option to change microsoft accounts. It only lets you use whatever microsoft account you used when you set up your phone. I have another MS account that i prefer to use for skype.

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
2. Have you ever tried to use below methods ? (i only have 1 account so i never use it :) but i think it works).

i. Use Skype app, there is an option to sign out in "..." at the lower left corner. have you ever tried to use it ?

ii, Also, you can add your 2nd Microsoft account in Setting-> Accounts-> your email and accounts-> Accounts used by other apps.

Plz feedback if they works for you.

I already have my second MS account added there, but the messaging+skype and the skype video both do not give an option to choose the other MS account. I dont have the skype app installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs