Build 10586 RTM ready?

Clinton_O

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I think that it isnt anywhere near ready. Been using this and previous builds and win10 shouldnt haven been released to the public with this build

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
NO. It's missing key functionality important to most people WITH A JOB. No S/MIME encryption, yet, for an Exchange mailbox!? This works in WP8.1.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to argue that a beta operating system is justified to have been shipped with flagship hardware.

I'm all for the direction the Microsoft is going and what the end goal looks like, but they should have just pushed back the phones release dates. It's good for an insider release, but not for the average user.IMO

I mean just look at any review out there for the 950. Most of the issues(all?) are to do specifically with the operating system bugs and quircks that can and will be fixed eventually rather than the phone itself.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If the OS on the 950 is the same as the 10586 I put on my ATT 830, no way this should have been RTM. I'm about to wipe this version off my phone and go back to 8.1. There are way too many issues and broken functions for this to be a market release. I can't believe they released this. Given their position in the mobile market, this should have been released when it was 100% ready with apps that work and all polished up. Like I said, I'd be shocked at the decision to release the 950 if this is how its working.

anon(9106526)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree on Lumia 635 slow loading apps and store .no motion data, no touch, everything so slow and buggy. Same problems on Lumia 435 plus no custom ringtones and lock screen not showing date and time. I honestly think it's disastrous. If this is the build been released to the public and on the new 950 god help windows phones.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Total rubbish and not a big step forward. Do not use it as daily driver!
Although this is what MS delivers on the new flagship phones. Highend hardware for lots of $$$ with beta software. No wonder the reviews for the new phones are devastating.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Total rubbish and not a big step forward. Do not use it as daily driver!
Although this is what MS delivers on the new flagship phones. Highend hardware for lots of $$$ with beta software. No wonder the reviews for the new phones are devastating.

Are you here for testing or flaming lies? Otherwise, buy a dumb-proof Hiuwai or wathever it names, and farewell

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you here for testing or flaming lies? Otherwise, buy a dumb-proof Hiuwai or wathever it names, and farewell
No. I share my experience I gathered over the last months with the Insider builds on my L1520, especially with the latest one that claims to be RTM status and is pre-installed on the new flagship phones. And I find myself not much off from what major tech websites and blogs point out in their reviews about the 950 and 950XL.

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
FYI for persons relying upon email encryption (S/MIME) with Exchange (and Office365)--10586.29 coupled with today's (7 Dec) Outlook Mail app update (17.6430.42252.0) significantly improves Windows' handing of certificates. I'm finding the exchange (pun intended :) of encrypted emails is working and, as far as I can tell... CONSISTENTLY. Hallelujah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo