Touch settings update today.... OR NOT

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm up to 11 core settings that don't update, error 8006. Ohhhh wait, let me guess the responses: your 1020 isn't compatible, you need to hard reset, you need to [insert blind ****** excuse]. ANYTHING other than the truth that MS is kind of $hitting the bed on this rollout. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS ISSUE. It's not a joke. It's not a "just wait" solution. This needs to be fixed NOW. This IS what will likely be pushed OTA to the general population. If those phones have core settings(11 in my case) that don't update, it's done. The lack of fanfare over the 950/XL and this will be the final nail, IMO. But what do i know, I'm just the target consumer. Dan, if you read this, shed some light please. WTffffff is going on. ZERO replies to my communications with MS on this, and only this issue.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The issue is the licensing. It's a model by model basis. Since the issue started most models have started updating properly, just not the 1020 yet.

It's not that your phone isn't compatible, it's just not fixed yet for that model.

Not to be rude or anything, but based on all the posts i've seen from you with sweeping statements, perhaps alpha/beta testing is not for you.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I believe the 1020 will be well looked after when all is finished. So many 1020 owners know nothing of Insider and are completely happy.
It's just that "we" know what is happening that we are able to comment, it's brilliant to play and see what is coming, many seem to whinge about updates ..... so go back to stock standard and wait.
I'm enjoying the ability to play, even screw up, then have the ability to go back to square one and start all over again.
Microsoft have really pulled their fingers out on this one, if you don't like it, get an Apple or Android and be one of the crowd, it's not often that big companies allow us to be "INSIDERS" :smile:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm up to 11 core settings that don't update, error 8006. Ohhhh wait, let me guess the responses: your 1020 isn't compatible, you need to hard reset, you need to [insert blind ****** excuse]. ANYTHING other than the truth that MS is kind of $hitting the bed on this rollout. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS ISSUE. It's not a joke. It's not a "just wait" solution. This needs to be fixed NOW. This IS what will likely be pushed OTA to the general population. If those phones have core settings(11 in my case) that don't update, it's done. The lack of fanfare over the 950/XL and this will be the final nail, IMO. But what do i know, I'm just the target consumer. Dan, if you read this, shed some light please. WTffffff is going on. ZERO replies to my communications with MS on this, and only this issue.

Nobody is died for a not updating app till now, especially when the iussue resolves itself in a couple of days during Store updating.
Come on, Allen, stop flames and revert back to 8.1 , you simply dont'have the tester skills . For your healt sake :)
Peace and Love

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

What rollout are you talking about? There was no rollout until yet.

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Was there an update to touch today?

The reason for my question out of the blue this morning I am now unable to open emails by tapping them. I now have to flag them as read then they will open?

thrmacho

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Was there an update to touch today?

The reason for my question out of the blue this morning I am now unable to open emails by tapping them. I now have to flag them as read then they will open?
Nope, everything is fine with me, try a soft reset.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
most update issues fixed by themselves. but the 'touch' still cannot be downloaded. hard, and soft reset don't fix it. and this is the last err download in the store (640 xl lte dual sim)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
most update issues fixed by themselves. but the 'touch' still cannot be downloaded. hard, and soft reset don't fix it. and this is the last err download in the store (640 xl lte dual sim)

Mine was able to download today.

Even did a hard reset and downloaded it again

Lumia 640

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05