10586.11 Not sure what is going on.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

I have posted a couple of things elsewhere, and hope for a more 'mature' response in here.

When I first installed on my 1320, everything was pretty good, and I was suitably impresses. But, a few days down the line and issues have started to raise their heads.

Live tiles are now an issue. Cortana and MSN sport don't update / flip. Accuweather does ????

Had an update or something this morning. It was relatively small, took 2 or 3 mins to install and boot. Since then I've had FOUR complete lock ups. Nothing responding at all, except the reboot buttons. The screen was frozen solid. WiFi is hit and miss, band connection is hit and miss on Bluetooth. The smoothness has also gone. It's quite stuttery now. Device gets quite warm now. I have reset soft / hard and everything works for a while, then same old thing.

I am stumped. I didn't reinstall any apps. Completely 'vanilla' and then it went again..... Bugger...

Any ideas??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There was no build minor up today!!!... ,and accuweather work fine on mine:shocked:
Tried a HW reset? It reminds me a corruption system files

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
There was no build minor up today!!!... ,and accuweather work fine on mine:shocked:
Tried a HW reset? It reminds me a corruption system files

Something happened yesterday, because phone went to gears then after couple of seconds white bar and then reboot?? It appeared in the phone update but I just hit install now. Maybe a device specific one?

Anyways, rolled back to 8.1 without even signing in, completely stock. Left it to run for a while, signed in waited for denim, then factory reset. Sign in, insider d/l, update d/l 10586.11, left it to do its thang and forgot about it for a couple of hours. Then hard reset.

Tile is now live, although does stop now and again. I have to open Cortana, then it goes live for quite a while. Dunno what causes it to stop, but when restarted, it 'stutters' then back to normal.

Just one comment though. No need for the excessive amount of exclamation marks. I'm not dumb, and don't expect implications to that extent. I know what I saw. I had an update. Maybe it was firmware update, but something was in the phone update when I got up that installed.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
When I first installed on my 1320, everything was pretty good, and I was suitably impresses. But, a few days down the line and issues have started to raise their heads.

Things were tolerable when I first installed build 10586.11 on my L830 but in the last few days degradation has begun to set in, screen on occasion goes blank (not frozen) requiring a restart, apps and OS in general starting to become slow and sluggish, notification sounds differing from what is set (they worked as should in beginning), haven’t done anything yet to rectify but pretty much guaranteed we’ll be running W8.1 once again… It’s getting pretty tiresome seeing "rollback" becoming synonymous with W10M.

Chung Wei Leong

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Too bad on my Lumia 1320, it hangs at least one a day,and I have to force restart...especially you try to open the app that use a lot CPU power, and high possibility it will hang, I think this problem only happens on dual core phone

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Too bad on my Lumia 1320, it hangs at least one a day,and I have to force restart...especially you try to open the app that use a lot CPU power, and high possibility it will hang, I think this problem only happens on dual core phone

Same here. Not as often now, but can still hang when leaving store. Weird eh??

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I suspect that the system itself is using a lot CPU power, causing the high CPU & battery usage. And mostly happen after closing app.

Battery life is great. Not had any issues in that area. Since fresh d/l of 10586, it's not rebooting at the same rate. Been a couple of days since the last one. My only gripe, is that Cortana still doesn't seem right. Live tile is only live for a couple of minutes, then fails to update. Halo doesn't 'throb' and takes an age to read a text. Other than that, it's pretty good now

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had issues with battery drain but it was related to the OneDrive sync of pictures.

Since then my 930 hat settled in nicely. However, I am on WhatsApp Beta and had two complete system reboots while using it. Not sure it is related to WA though. Also I have had the keyboard popup in the News, Sports and Finances app (only once this morning) - a reboot fixed that.

The pluses of what Win10M offers still out-way the issues but the build does not seem as stable. Lets hope our devices send log files to MS so they can fix all these with a cumulative update (if there is something like that possible for Win10M).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos