Build 10586 on Lumia 640 Performance

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just got my own 640 from Best Buy earlier today, id like to know how the latest build is running on it. I Want to put windows 10 already on my main phone and would like a yeah or nay on this build. :)

Rob Reynolds

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have had w10 on my phone for a couple of weeks now ( 640xl) latest build (10586) and it seems to be working well. No real issues on it either. Seems to be quite stable so far!

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Working great on my 640,no issues to speak of.I would recommend upgrading and doing a hard reset.Performance is good with no lag and all features are fully working on this build compared to others

Certainly a step up from 8.1,although 8.1 is likely to edge it on performance as there are less features

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have had w10 on my phone for a couple of weeks now ( 640xl) latest build (10586) and it seems to be working well. No real issues on it either. Seems to be quite stable so far!

Really helps to know. Once I unlock it from AT&T im totally loading it up. All my other devices have 10 minus my two phones. If anybody else knows anything I should be aware of feel free to comment. PS the few developer issues that were pointed out are of no concern to me. Just want to be sure there aren't any weird problems that Were Not pointed out by Gabe that I should be concerned about.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Working great on my 640,no issues to speak of.I would recommend upgrading and doing a hard reset.Performance is good with no lag and all features are fully working on this build compared to others

Certainly a step up from 8.1,although 8.1 is likely to edge it on performance as there are less features

Thank you very much as well :D Def doing it after I unlock it in a few days or so.

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
The latest build runs pretty great on a Lumia 640. I also bought one from best buy the other day. I upgraded using the Insider Preview app, then "Reset" the phone using the option inside the settings.

I was running the latest build on the Lumia 925, and it runs SOOOO much better on the Lumia 640.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well the good things are that it's prettier, honestly, it is, no more low-res icons and stuff, everything looks sharper. It is more personalizable than 8.1 where you could have only your accent color and tile picture view on the start, now that's changed, as you know you can put a whole picture on your start and also set the transparency as you wish, you can even set it up so it would look like there are icons instead of tiles.
You can also play with the resolution and scaling. In my case, with the 640, i scaled down the slider do 175% (i think) and now i have 4 columns on my start screen and everything looks so much damn sharper. (You enable this by going to Settings -> System -> Display, and there you pull down the slider to 175%, assuming you h ave already enabled 'Show more columns').

Oh, and if you've been to previous build, i have to say that Store app has become almost perfect. Downloads are superfast now and MS is working and releasing bug fixes for each phone individualy that would fix the donwload and update errors.

Speaking of settings, now it is easier than ever to surf through your settings and managing them, much more intuitive and organized.

Now the things that are broken and bug me. In my case, don't know if everyone is facing this issue, glance is not working. It was functional on previous builds and now, well, it is not. The settings for glance itself are there, but if i try to edit them the screen goes blank and i just have to exit the app.

Next, you may face some lag after upgrading, such as slow pin input on lock screen, waiting for tiles to appear, and some apps not working, all that is easy resolved with a hard reset (which i do every time after i upgrade), and it really speeds up your phone.

One thing that seriously annoys me, and there are other people reporting it, is that you're unable to connect to your PC via USB cable. It simply won't recognize your phone.

Other than that everything is cool and ok. I love the new Phone app and combined Messaging+skype app. I'm loving more than 8.1 so far, but to be honest, it's not as fast but it makes that up with it's fresh looks and revamped UI.

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I can backup almost everything Rose640 just said. In my case, though, Glance works great on my 640. Also, I have not experienced any lag on my 640, but I did do a full reset immediately, which is known to help.

My biggest gripe is that Cortana is not nearly as good as she was on WP8.1. But, I doubt that's a "bug" and more just a feature difference between WP8.1 and W10M. Not a reason to avoid upgrading, but a gripe, nonetheless. I really hope they add back some more functionality to Cortana.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well guys I updated my new Lumia 640 to the latest build, sim unlocked and running flawlessly as I can tell. My only two issues is I think I'm blind so I can't find the button for cortana/search to listen and find a song and one app I occasionally use Dubbed Anime Pro just crashes as it opens. Other than that it's in Excellent condition. :)

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Well guys I updated my new Lumia 640 to the latest build, sim unlocked and running flawlessly as I can tell. My only two issues is I think I'm blind so I can't find the button for cortana/search to listen and find a song and one app I occasionally use Dubbed Anime Pro just crashes as it opens. Other than that it's in Excellent condition. :)

You are not blind. It is hidden. You have to ask Cortana to listen you you, first, by hitting the microphone icon in the search bar. Then, as she is listening to you, you will notice that the music icon is at the top-left of the screen. Tap that to ask Cortana to identify the song.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
@ausidog Thank you very much :)

Why does Outlook mail send deleted emails to a "Deleted Items" folder it creates instead of the "Trash" folder, it's a huge hassle moving stuff from the folder to trash just to delete it all in one fell swoop. (Yahoo and Aol)

And I'm guessing they removed the option to put a down arrow button on nav bar to hide it, because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos