I installed this about a week ago. In the past few days, I seem to have a lot of issues I didnt have before, including in the few days after install. Any advice welcome. Here are some things:

Email doesnt sync, not on my exchange account, hotmail, or verizon. I do soft reset, it syncs once, but thats it.

I take a photo, it doesnt save it.

I search for a business with Cortana, find it, click the "call" link, dumps back to home screen.

Battery life is way worse.

Edge dumps back to home screen often.

Wi-fi doesnt always connect (at home, a known network), says its "not available."

In a test, had someone send me a text message, its been about 10 minutes, not here yet.

Many apps hang - no resuming or loading message, just a black screen

----
    Is this a case where the 1020 hardware just cant handle this build?
    Should I do a hard reset?

you all have been helpful in the past, appreciate your advice.
    11-29-2015 05:56 PM
    I would run your backup first then do a hard reset and restore, see how things are running and if things still are the same then I would suggest a clean hard reset. By clean hard reset I mean do not restore and just setup your phone as if it was new. I never had any of the issues you mentioned with my 1020 but I've done a couple of hard resets now to clean up some lingering issues I did have.

As for performance I find it to be ok with this build, definitely usable and pretty stable...so far.
    11-29-2015 10:47 PM
    I'm also using a lumia 1020 and I don't see any of the issues you have (except higher than normal battery drain on internet)

I suggest going back to 8.1 and then to 10586. Install and update apps that you need before jumping to 10586.
    11-29-2015 10:51 PM
    many thanks to you both. before I saw any responses, I did a hard reset and a restore from backup. things seems to be much better now, but will obviously keep an eye on things. One thing I did notice just now, I searched an address, tried to get directions, I think it was trying to load Maps, but it failed two or three times. I did at least get a map showing the destination and my location, and was able to get there.
    11-29-2015 11:10 PM