Build 10586 stable enough as daily driver?

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Lumia 1320 and i had build 10576 in the past on my phone but rolled back because of some issues now my question is how save is it to install 10586 on y only phone?

I bricked my phone in the past so don't want to do that again by rolling back.

Thanks!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's down to personal choice. Windows 10 Mobile has been used daily for me for the past couple of months now. Some other people find the smallest issue a blocking problem for them.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
1320 has a dual core processor rite? Watch the vid of 1320 or 525 running the build.. See if it is suitable to u to install.. The build still has some problems.. I recommend not to install the build..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Choose by yourself: It's my 520 daily drive. Some freezes on messages app, and battery draining when using data sim in roaming / not H+ signal area

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Performance on my 925 is actually great. Messaging issues are due to the Skype functionality baked in. If you sign-out of Skype from the Messaging app then you should be fine. To perform an update roll back to 8.1 stock and then do a direct update to 10586.11 followed by a hard rest. Then update all apps and start using after the phone has settled down.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I think it could depend on device. For me however, on a 640XL, it's fine. I have been running Windows 10 Mobile on it for a few months now without any problems.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep depends upon devices and tolerance of bugs.. The phones with 1gb ram and quad cores are running great.. However phone with 1gb/512mb with dual cores are not..

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Running it on 1320. Sometimes froze when leaving store. Had issues with Cortana. I've now worked through these issues. It now runs really well!

A word of advice for the 1320. DO NOT RESTORE A BACK UP. It creates havoc! All sorts of crashes, lock ups, screen freeze yet phone works (?????), etc.

So, completely vanilla install. DO NOT RESTORE. HARD RESET. Don't put MSN news / weather on the start screen along with Cortana. Cortana's live tile will stop. Sometimes Cortana takes a while to read texts. Not sure about Skype, I don't use it. When system apps are updating in store, you WILL get some unable to install etc.....Touch won't install on the 1320, but glance does ( and it looks good ). Here maps can fail but retry and it'll work.

I've not noticed a lot of difference speed wise between the 1320 and my 640xl. Quad core processors only really come into their own with 'heavy' processing. Most of the time only one or two cores operate, unless you have hundreds of tabs open or are running 'heavy' gaming. With the 1320 running at 1.7ghz dual core, the OS isn't going to cause to much of an issue, unless you have power hungry apps running, and that's where any multiple core falls down because they are throttled by the ram available, and the heat generated.

Anyways, hope that helps. I love it on the large screen

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
No, it is no advised (even by MSFT) to have it as daily driver.
Just take a look here on the forums and you know why...

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I have it on my daily driver and even though it works it is pretty buggy. I'd give it a few months of updates before installing it if you have any concerns. I wanted to pull my hair out after getting a Surface 3 (and for a bald guy that's tough) with all the early issues with Windows 10. Yet, its running pretty good now. It only took a few months of updates and I'm fairly happy.

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
In the past I would've said completely and wholly NO, but since upgrading from 8.1 to 10586.11 with no hard reset on my One, I can say it actually can stand to be used as a daily driver. Yes my phone gets HOT sometimes and yes apps still crash but overall the system performs very well.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I rolled back this afternoon with my 1320. After using 10, I struggle for words to describe it. Visually, 8.1 seems so last year. I wouldn't have thought transparent tiles could make such a difference!! The settings layout is kinda logical, and not a mess like my 1320 is on 8.1.

So what to do....despite the hiccups here and there, and the rare reboot, I actually miss the fresh look of 10. I find 8.1 clunky. Some say 10 keyboard is awful. For me it's way ahead of 8.1. The whole look / ux is much more pleasant for me so....once this is posted, insider app here I come!! Lol

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I rolled back this afternoon with my 1320. After using 10, I struggle for words to describe it. Visually, 8.1 seems so last year. I wouldn't have thought transparent tiles could make such a difference!! The settings layout is kinda logical, and not a mess like my 1320 is on 8.1.

So what to do....despite the hiccups here and there, and the rare reboot, I actually miss the fresh look of 10. I find 8.1 clunky. Some say 10 keyboard is awful. For me it's way ahead of 8.1. The whole look / ux is much more pleasant for me so....once this is posted, insider app here I come!! Lol

Haha have the same Win8.1 looks way ahead in comparison to Win10 setting menu on 8.1 is one big mess and yeah the UX/UI on Win10 is so much better.

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Performance on my L925 is NOT great. Very annoying, actually, despite doing a full reset.

By comparison, performance on my new L640 is awesome.

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
On my lumia 925 with dual core and 1GB of Ram runs buttery smooth, store has lags but its acceptable. Only problem is battery drain. I reverted back from 10586 to 8.1 because of the battery drain though....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb