WiFi roaming not working

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I use 3 accesspoints to get coverage of my house and garden. Mobile devices roaming and switch over to the AP with the best signal. Well all do except, guess it, Lumia 1520 with build 86. So far I have tried various setups: same SSID, channel and encryption for all APs; same SSID, different channels and same encryption; different SSID, different channel and different encryption. Also after every change in the setup I deleted the known WiFi networks in my L1520 and set them up again. But no chance. The Phone always sticks with one connection and won't switch over to the better one. Even I get completely out of my WiFi coverage until it disconnect it won't pick another AP but instead switches to cellular data.
No other client (and there are a lot!) has this kind of problems.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have this as well. I'm still playing with the MinRSSI settings on the APs to try to help it along, but the issue is with Win10 Mobile. I put in a feedback about it.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup, even tried over at my friends house and it's the same problem there as well. I also report feedback a while ago...but I guess we won't get it fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans