10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)

I thought it was just me.. The way people panic.. Like geez...

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought it was just me.. The way people panic.. Like geez...

It makes me laugh when uber serious nerds say that such and such command is "dangerous" - LMAO! No, standing on the edge of the grand canyon on roller skates IS DANGEROUS... "dangerous" - LOL - try to be taken seriously when exaggerating SO much? Let us evaluate the situation - "risky to data", yes, but "dangerous"? o__O

Lulz.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone with .29 can you tells me if a phone number in email and calendar are now links that will open the phone app? Is this very basic feature address? Thx.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't think an OS upgrade would make any difference for that. That would be something they would need to update the app to resolve.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Haven't noticed anything different on my 640. S the swipe keyboard bug is still here where it won't register some words while u swiping

Sent from mTalk

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with .29 can you tells me if a phone number in email and calendar are now links that will open the phone app? Is this very basic feature address? Thx.

Just checked it by sending test mail, yes it is link, can tap to open it in phone app. Also need to check if I can deploy silverlight app now.

Last edited:

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that the bug in the Battery use page seems to have been fixed. (Where if you went to details on an app that app got duplicated in the list when you return.) So there are bug fixes that they don't list...

RhinoFreak

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Weird thing happened here.
My 520 updated, I just ran the insider program casually and now it's showing another update? Is it normal?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
What is the other update? (I have seen where an "Insider Fast Configuration update" comes through as Microsoft updates the Insider program.)

My 640 updated, and it doesn't show any other updates. (My 521 is only ~60% downloaded so far.)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I didn't understand a lot: is that an UPDATE of same build and not an UPGRADE, yeah? That's the new policy, similar to pc ?
They'll put the whole install file in Device Recovery Tool, so finally we can recover our lumia directly in 10 without the everlasting annoying 8.1 pass-through???
Same as Media Creation Tool for Win10 for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb