10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't understand a lot: is that an UPDATE of same build and not an UPGRADE, yeah? That's the new policy, similar to pc ?
They'll put the whole install file in Device Recovery Tool, so finally we can recover our lumia directly in 10 without the everlasting annoying 8.1 pass-through???
Same as Media Creation Tool for Win10 for pc

The Recovery Tool only gives you what the phone shipped with. It would be nice if we could make real backups.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)

And then complain about said update repeatedly like usual ....

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was just me.. The way people panic.. Like geez...

I don't think it's about panic. For me it's just about the time it takes until the device is set up like before again. The more apps you have, the longer it takes. Downloading maps, setting ring- and message tones. The thing is, when I perform a hard reset, I don't want a restore to mess things up again, so I basically choose to start from scratch. I definitely prefer an update that just works over having to go through a hard reset and full setup again.

On the other hand, if I HAVE to, so be it. It's not the end of the world. :)

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The Recovery Tool only gives you what the phone shipped with. It would be nice if we could make real backups.

Not exactly, it gives you the latest official ROM. If I flash NOW my 535 with WDRT, I'll get the latest ROM, not the one the device was shipped with.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This update messed with my alarms again. My alarm from yesterday morning went off, even though it doesn't exist, no alarms do currently. Does this crap happen on the 950 and XL? I hard reset a few days ago because 586.11 had the same alarm issue driving me mad, then was fine after the hard reset when adding, changing, removing and testing alarms. Thanks for waking me at 4:30am MS. End rant. I didn't think a hard reset would be necessary after a minor update. Request for Alarms to be capable of uninstall and reinstall to fix issues added to Feedback.

If you can't trust a simple alarm clock to work...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This update messed with my alarms again. My alarm from yesterday morning went off, even though it doesn't exist, no alarms do currently. Does this crap happen on the 950 and XL? I hard reset a few days ago because 586.11 had the same alarm issue driving me mad, then was fine after the hard reset when adding, changing, removing and testing alarms. Thanks for waking me at 4:30am MS. End rant. I didn't think a hard reset would be necessary after a minor update. Request for Alarms to be capable of uninstall and reinstall to fix issues added to Feedback.

I've got the habit since the first build to check alarms after every upgrade / reset :D

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've got the habit since the first build to check alarms after every upgrade / reset :D

All alarms I create go off. Unfortunately so do ones that were deleted and changed to different times. Unless I hard reset, I'll guarantee my alarm goes off at 0430 tomorrow unless I hard reset and completely rebuild the phone, all because a simple alarm doesn't work.

Time to go to an antique store and buy a 50 year old reliable alarm clock.

Edit: Otherwise, nice update, I like the improvements thus far. Just cranky when woken after few hours sleep. Will delete all alarms and soft reset before installing future builds.

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Question for you guys who have already updated. Is there really a severe battery drain issue? As far as i've seen in these couple of hours, people complain about it alot, so i was looking for some kind of in-detail review and opinion on the subject. Anyone?

'Cause if it is as severe as people represent it, it will be a deal braker for me whether to upgrade or not.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I didn't feel any unusual battery drain in 6-7 hours usage (few calls, texting and 30-40 minutes video playback).

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have no drain after updating to this build. Seems a bit better optimized, the little I have used it so far. Scrolling generally seems a little smoother specially in apps like Instagram. And the content doesn't flicker/jump up & down as much when scrolling and keeping the finger on the screen. Too early for any battery impressions. But with better optimization better battery life often follows.

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Fantastic build, really. Most old WP8.1 apps are much smoother now. No issues with battery thus far.
Even this Windows Central app. But let that not keep them from giving us a better app!

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody please let me know how to remove numbers/contacts from speed dial?

Also, auto equaliser & access point still doesn't work, in L920.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

If you can't trust a simple alarm clock to work...

My alarms have always stayed fine after upgrades. There must be some setting that messes with it. My Lumia 830 is running like butter on a hot summer day. Can't test 950xl though. Not sure if I want to do insider on this one.

It's odd one of my pcs never gets mail notifications even after a fresh install of iso and proper settings. But a bunch of my laptops have it and it's fine. It's like something on my pc prevents it from working. Windows 10 seems sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb