10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Sigh....Still cant Mute Cortana... I leave reading texts always on, on 8.1 I used to hit the power or volume down and it would quiet her when a text came in.... Still cant do this...I leave it on so when am driving she reads the texts. The only problem is when I am in a meeting or something, there is no way to mute her.

It's the only thing that is keeping me on the fence about rolling back to 8.1...

Does Quiet hours not work for this?

Agil Ristiyanto

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
i just check as usual in the morning when i woke up at 4:45am UTC+3 (i'm in Saudi Arabia), i get new build 10586.29 and finished download about 8.00am whean i'm going to work, but my battery only 20% so, just wait intil reach my office to get charge my battery, and done update about 8:40am... i'm excited with this update, because my Lumia 1020 work faster then last build, and all my old apps like Lumia Camera, Nokia Smartcam, work well again like when in WP8.1, other bug such as can't open BBM, WhatsApp, Line from notification is fixed, super sensitive touch work better, i tried with cloth gloves.. just view minutes ago at 10:30 pm i tried to roll back to WP8.1 but fail,... phone always restart, and i stop it,.. but i though needless to roll back to WP 8.1, this Windows 10 Mobile is ready for me,.. this is my experience with new build 10586.29 today :)

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's about panic. For me it's just about the time it takes until the device is set up like before again. The more apps you have, the longer it takes. Downloading maps, setting ring- and message tones. The thing is, when I perform a hard reset, I don't want a restore to mess things up again, so I basically choose to start from scratch. I definitely prefer an update that just works over having to go through a hard reset and full setup again.

On the other hand, if I HAVE to, so be it. It's not the end of the world. :)

True that the more apps the longer it takes. Where I am amazed is that in this day and age one shouldn't have to go thru these hoops. I don't think it is people panicking in general.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How do you get the phone to read texts out loud? I can't find that anywhere.

Cotrana > Notebook >Settings > Read incoming text message aloud> Select "always on".

The Problem I am having is, when she reads off a text, I cant hit a button on my phone to mute her as I always have been able to on 8.1

Does Quiet hours not work for this?

Not sure, as this does not help me. I am sure she disables incoming texts calling out during those times but, it's worthless for my needs.

On 8.1 I never use quiet hours because my job needs me to be available 24 hours a day, it's rare that calls come in after hours but, they do sometimes and from assorted numbers so, it's worthless.

On 8.1 when Cortana would speak, I could hit the power button/vol down and mute her, this does not work in ANY of the Windows 10 builds... So I leave it on 24 hours a day, when I am in a meeting or with co-workers, if she goes off, I could mute her, on 10 I cant...

I cant believe I am the ONLY person who uses Cortana like this. I want her to read all texts out loud because when I am in the car, I want to be able to reply to texts with out touching my phone.

Trust me, if your married and your wife texts you...you'll know what I mean and why I want this to work.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Cotrana > Notebook >Settings > Read incoming text message aloud> Select "always on".

The Problem I am having is, when she reads off a text, I cant hit a button on my phone to mute her as I always have been able to on 8.1

Not sure, as this does not help me. I am sure she disables incoming texts calling out during those times but, it's worthless for my needs.

On 8.1 I never use quiet hours because my job needs me to be available 24 hours a day, it's rare that calls come in after hours but, they do sometimes and from assorted numbers so, it's worthless.

On 8.1 when Cortana would speak, I could hit the power button/vol down and mute her, this does not work in ANY of the Windows 10 builds... So I leave it on 24 hours a day, when I am in a meeting or with co-workers, if she goes off, I could mute her, on 10 I cant...

I cant believe I am the ONLY person who uses Cortana like this. I want her to read all texts out loud because when I am in the car, I want to be able to reply to texts with out touching my phone.

Trust me, if your married and your wife texts you...you'll know what I mean and why I want this to work.

No Bluetooth integration in your car i guess. I have her ask me to read it or not, but only over Bluetooth.

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Currently downloading updates for 3 hours with speed of 20kbps.im on wifi connection with 3g speed.else update all other things download with a 500+kbps speed.what should i do.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with .29 can you tells me if a phone number in email and calendar are now links that will open the phone app? Is this very basic feature address? Thx.

I suspect this will be fixed with an update to the mail and calendar app and not by an OS update. I hope I am wrong as it is very annoying for me as well

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Phone numbers in emails work as expected. Phone numbers in calendar work in three ways (sigh): If the phone number is in location, it works as a link. If it's in the subject, it's not a clickable target. If it's in the body of the calendar, it has a popup menu with the word "Link", pressing it opens to the phone app.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
This update messed with my alarms again. My alarm from yesterday morning went off, even though it doesn't exist, no alarms do currently. Does this crap happen on the 950 and XL? I hard reset a few days ago because 586.11 had the same alarm issue driving me mad, then was fine after the hard reset when adding, changing, removing and testing alarms. Thanks for waking me at 4:30am MS. End rant. I didn't think a hard reset would be necessary after a minor update. Request for Alarms to be capable of uninstall and reinstall to fix issues added to Feedback.

If you can't trust a simple alarm clock to work...

I know that's a real pain in the butt, but dang it's funny as heck.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I know that's a real pain in the butt, but dang it's funny as heck.

I complain here but in reality it's a minor inconvenience and annoyance. More work gets done when one wakes early. Narcissism has me waiting to hard reset until tomorrow AM, knowing mos def the non-existent alarm will go off. If it doesn't I'll eat my words after baking them into a fortune cookie.

Battery drained from 80% to 4% after 30 minutes of plugged in while using HERE Drive and Groove over BT with the display always on.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you experience any problems while updating apps on the current build or last build after resetting ? for me always error 0x8020002f while updating apps .

I have had that problem. Look at the list of apps to update and if store is listed, update that first. I usually do a soft reset after updating core apps. Try updating only one app at a time. Sometimes turning WiFi off and on will help also. And a lot of soft resets until the phone is stable. Some apps are just stubborn.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I complain here but in reality it's a minor inconvenience and annoyance. More work gets done when one wakes early. Narcissism has me waiting to hard reset until tomorrow AM, knowing mos def the non-existent alarm will go off. If it doesn't I'll eat my words after baking them into a fortune cookie.

Battery drained from 80% to 4% after 30 minutes of plugged in while using HERE Drive and Groove over BT with the display always on.
Whoa, that is not good. I am DL'ing now to give it a go, last build had me back on 8.1, so giving it another try!

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Phone numbers in emails work as expected. Phone numbers in calendar work in three ways (sigh): If the phone number is in location, it works as a link. If it's in the subject, it's not a clickable target. If it's in the body of the calendar, it has a popup menu with the word "Link", pressing it opens to the phone app.

I tried all the ways you suggests as a test and na'da. Use d spaces to separate the number groups,"." and also -. Did not work. I see in very few emails the number does get picked up. I presume this is due to the sender formating as a number is the sent message. Hope it gets fixed soon.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Whoa, that is not good. I am DL'ing now to give it a go, last build had me back on 8.1, so giving it another try!

Last build after two hard resets a week or more a part was excellent after the second. I've never noticed battery drain after upgrading to a next build, except within the first few hours after a freshie hard reset while installing apps.

Ashwin J Pillai

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I need to ask one question.. Does the photo app load the thumbnails faster?? Because the slow loading of thumbnails was what made me rollback to wp 8.1

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I need to ask one question.. Does the photo app load the thumbnails faster?? Because the slow loading of thumbnails was what made me rollback to wp 8.1

Slow for me, and was crashing when looking at photos rotated in landscape orientation. Pressing back button takes me back months in camera roll, not to previous viewed selections. Have not hard reset yet.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if it's just me but my 640XL's battery is doing MUCH better on Build 10586.29...
So far only glitches I've seen is Outlook crashed while attaching photos(although email was saved in drafts) and when I go to delete photo the Delete/Cancel menu's text is cut in half(adjusting text size doesn't help) & Edge crashed twice trying to post here, downloaded Eyacker's Browser and no problems with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb