10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zilchspam

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have 640xl, wouldn't get past 7%. Had to go back to 8.1 and start again so I could reinstall all the Apps you can't get on W10M but can in 8.1, then upgraded to 10586.29. Love W10M and Lumia but getting sick of the work-arounds and crap you gotta go through. Microsoft just needs to finish something, anything and stop dicking around. Upgrade worked perfectly on 532 and 620.

jisto1215

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how much is the size of this update for lumia 520? Does the battery saver brightness work on this?. That was not working for me in last build

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for off topic, don't know where should I discuss this, on Windows 10 Mobile when I press hardware volume key (up or down), on 1st press it shows on screen volume slider and then on 2nd press it change (increase or decrease) the volume itself, so to change the volume 1 step (up or down) I have to press the key twice, is this how volume keys work on Windows Mobile or something wrong with my phone. Because on Droid it's not like this, don't need two key press for 1 step volume change.

The first click is for checking the current volume and then the second click will raise the volume.

Alternatively, you can press and hold to increase volume to your desired level

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The first click is for checking the current volume and then the second click will raise the volume.

Alternatively, you can press and hold to increase volume to your desired level

Yeah I got it but still think it's better how it work on other devices, most of the time I just want 1 increment up or down without looking at screen, for this I always have to press the key twice.

Nathie Nxumalo

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, much as that is true, it works very well for me on PC, where i'll use my ExtHDD. Now, on WM, when i format (i call it that than reset) my phone, i have to re-download the apps, and restore some stuff. Some of us live in the parts of the world where tech is not soo recognized, and the gov doesn't see any need for less costing data services, or stuff like that. It gets tooo expensive to reset a phone, and then have to download back your 'essential' apps to carry on with work and/or school.

So, it's not like we're whining, or what, we're feeling the pinch of the costs we have to incure for the 'procedure'. :)

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
640 xl lte dual sim:
I have few issues: 1) the outlook's notification is always on even email read or deleted. 2) onedrive does not upload photos sometime, was working with 10581, 3) office lens can does not save note to my 2nd notebook ( I have two notebook under my onenote account). some 3rd party apps keep crashing ( were working before with 10586). Looks like everytime Microsoft did some improvement, also bring in some troubles ( new and old). overall, battery performance is so far very good.

FurY2007

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I nave an issue: I stepped into the Windows Insider program with my Lumia 1020 but once I installed one of the early builds I realised this wasn't for the daily driver so I went back to WM8.1. I kept receiving an update notification for the first WM10 build after that up till now. I have tried uninstalling, unsubscribing, nothing helps, I keep seeing that same early build. How can I force the latest build to be seen/installed?

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I got it but still think it's better how it work on other devices, most of the time I just want 1 increment up or down without looking at screen, for this I always have to press the key twice.

It's because the volume keys are used to bring up playback controls, in addition to changing volume.

It would be more logical to put the playback controls in the notification pulldown, but WP didn't always have that (added in 8.1).

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's because the volume keys are used to bring up playback controls, in addition to changing volume.

It would be more logical to put the playback controls in the notification pulldown, but WP didn't always have that (added in 8.1).

Yes there is, slide down notification center and tap the little arrow down to open playback control

anon9476898

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Is windows 10 mobile support software update through mobile data.if yes will i require 3g connection to download update (from build 10586.11 to 10586.29) also when i download game above 100 Mb it said you need WiFi to download game.please help

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Found my first bug/weirdness. Sent an SMS a short time ago, put the handset down on my desk, and it made a kind of strange strangled notification-type noise, I thought it was probably a good idea to restart it, when it came back on, it made the same weird noise for about 10-15 seconds, I was getting worried that it wasn't going to stop at all by that point. Handset seems ok, but it was very odd. Lumia 930 with latest build, without a hard reset this time. I'm hoping not to have a do a hard reset this time...

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
No major changes on my 830, but that's to be expected with a minor update.

I'll likely do a hard reset soon: Performance isn't what it should be. I saw degradation creeping in on the last build and this update didn't cure that. Hopefully they get long term performance sorted out over the next couple of builds.

dao hong

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Who had a hard reset? I'm having a problem, after I hard reset Windows Mobile 10586.29, app store continuously updated reports for many applications. But after I updated for all these applications, I hit check update, see these apps have updates, and so on, update, check and update
Any solution??? @@ thanks for read

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No alarms yet alarm went off at 0430 again. Haha, really funny insider joke. You played me again. Officially time for a hard reset like all other builds. Please just don't mess alarms up again before upgrading to next build. Deja vu. Groove on BT has been great, no longer skipping back 10 songs previously played when resuming music. Hoping to fix photos app from crashing, fyi, all photos are in OneDrive, none on phone. Common practice of mine until a week after working with a build.

rav4kar

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Either of my L1020/521 does not like new xxx.29 folks!! They lost their smoothness. L1020 heats up, drains battery fast and crawling like snail sometimes. This cumulative update not good for my phones. If there is a way to rollback cumulative update, that would be great!!

Windowsfanboy007

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
So far it's amazing on my Lumia 930! Battery is same as previous builds. With medium to light use I get 2 days battery (mostly on wifi not cellular). If I'm on cellular then it will just pull through a day. So far this build has been stable with amazing performance. No resume times unless playing games like tomb rider. Mild graphics games like hill climb resume instantly

Crocography

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Newbie question: If I update my Lumia 920 with this build, does it update the phone's OS or does it completely reformat my phones OS then requiring me to rebuild my email settings, upload all my programs, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos