10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I got the update on my XL... but the info didn't change, still 10586.00, not .29. Got the spinning cogs and all, but no number change.

My Icon updated just fine.

yaleen

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 640 to Win10m from WP8. Update process was smooth, but very long.

Phone is working fine now. Just a couple of issues:
1. It just feels a little laggy - time to open up things like Mix Radio, and general use feels a little bit slow compared to WP8.
2. Heating issue - Noticed phone started to heat up after using it continuously for 30 mins or so. This included chatting on Whatsapp, little bit of browsing and listening to Mix Radio. Never happened before on WP8. It was not high heat - just warm - but this was definitely the case on WP8 for even more use.

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the update on my XL... but the info didn't change, still 10586.00, not .29. Got the spinning cogs and all, but no number change.

My Icon updated just fine.

What you got on the XL was the fast config update for insider, not the actual update. In other words, it only got your phone ready for the preview program.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have installed .29 to my 830 with normal update as well. No issues with the apps update on store.
In general it seems to be a little bit faster than previous SW build with less loading and resuming screens.

But I still get sporadic reboots on 830, maybe one every 1-2 days. I have read that these reboots will be solved when official, per mobile model, SW comes out, i.e. official 830 update SW that will include the correct drivers for every device.
Lets see what's next.

Hopefully MSFT will also release new updates for their native apps to make it also faster and more reliable.

^^^ This.

I've tried W10M three times on my 830, and had to revert to 8.1 every time because it was too unstable.
I will gladly wait until W10M is production level quality before jumping the gun again.

On another note, when I did try W10M, I found that the entire experience would stabilize after a few days, so don't judge initial lagginess and problems before you give a go for a few days. And typically, everything goes south in a bad way after a few weeks! Warp core must need realignment...

redsun15

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 build .29 is fast on my Lumia 930. Build .29 is faster than 8.1. Opening and closing app, navigating phone is fast and fluid.
I got few issues with .29 build.
  1. Outlook Live tiles doesn't work.
  2. Lumia Story Teller Live tile doesn't work but Photos live tile works.
  3. Hold on Bluetooth in quick settings doesn't open Bluetooth settings page. Wifi works.
Now I am waiting for the official release of Windows 10 for Lumia 930. I would guess it would be more optimized for the device.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you upgrade from Amber to 10586.29? If no I would suggest rolling back to WP8 Update 3 and then try to upgrade. Not sure if it has anything to do with the 810 missing the 8.1 firmware and drivers. Also try updating the system apps to the latest WM10 compatible. Let me find the link for you.

Edit: Here's the link to my thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...397634-[apps]-lumia-oem-system-apps-wm10.html
So you're suggesting that I go back to just WP8, skip the developer preview, then go up to WM10?
The 810 only goes up to Amber firmware, with the developer preview anymore. Even when I reset it back to WP8, it stayed at Amber firmware.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It offers me the update on my 950XL, but nothing ever happens and it drains the f*** out of my battery. The charger can't even keep up. Going on a couple of hours now and no progress, yet my battery will be dead shortly and nothing I can do about it because even when I restart the phone it immediately tries the download process again, such that I can't even opt out of preview because it tells me an update is in process. Yet another Microsoft update fail.

And now it's telling me my phone is low on storage when I have 20GB free on the phone. WTF? SMH!

hyperexpert

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
It offers me the update on my 950XL, but nothing ever happens and it drains the f*** out of my battery. The charger can't even keep up. Going on a couple of hours now and no progress, yet my battery will be dead shortly and nothing I can do about it because even when I restart the phone it immediately tries the download process again, such that I can't even opt out of preview because it tells me an update is in process. Yet another Microsoft update fail.

And now it's telling me my phone is low on storage when I have 20GB free on the phone. WTF? SMH!

I have the exact same problem! 24GB free but I get low storage errors and the update is hung at 0% draining my battery

Store updates are also stuck

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
950XL got back on the Fast Ring, downloaded 10586.29, updated on under an hour. First store updates were for outlook mail + calendar and phone. No hard reset unless I feel the need. So far it is not lagging and quite snappy. Glad to be back on.

Last edited:

Lim Jie

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just updated my Lumia 930 from stock OS to insider fast 10586.29. Microsoft Health app is not working, not tracking my steps. Tried hard reset my phone and start with no restore of previous backup, and still Microsoft Health app not tracking my steps. Anyone got the same problem?

(MSN Health and fitness? is able to see my steps, but on 2nd run of the app it is telling me the app no longer of use anymore, so i cannot use that)

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
FYI for persons relying upon email encryption (S/MIME) with Exchange (and Office365)--10586.29 coupled with today's (7 Dec) Outlook Mail app update (17.6430.42252.0) significantly improves Windows' handing of certificates. I'm finding the exchange (pun intended :) of encrypted email is working and, as far as I can tell... CONSISTENTLY. Hallelujah!

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 640 to Win10m from WP8. Update process was smooth, but very long.

Phone is working fine now. Just a couple of issues:
1. It just feels a little laggy - time to open up things like Mix Radio, and general use feels a little bit slow compared to WP8.
2. Heating issue - Noticed phone started to heat up after using it continuously for 30 mins or so. This included chatting on Whatsapp, little bit of browsing and listening to Mix Radio. Never happened before on WP8. It was not high heat - just warm - but this was definitely the case on WP8 for even more use.

Ya, a few things too on my 640, but we can't complain for a 50 dollar phone :)

Me Again1

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
I would like to ask phone users, who has latest updates on their phones.
1) Is it possible to make phone reading SMS messages aloud thru Bluetooth without having Cortana on?
In W8.1 it worked this way and didn't drain battery by all Cortana dependable services
2) Is it possible to disable MAP protocol in Bluetooth to not trigger any car's SMS applications.
In my Jeep GC installled some stupid app and it notifies me about new SMS message and gives me option..... To read it on the screen. But this is stupidity of Jeep design.
Only because of this SMS voice reading issues and ability to voice answering I'm stacked with W8.1, where all this futures is working great.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So you're suggesting that I go back to just WP8, skip the developer preview, then go up to WM10?
The 810 only goes up to Amber firmware, with the developer preview anymore. Even when I reset it back to WP8, it stayed at Amber firmware.

Yep, I know..had the 810 as my first WP8 phone :)

I was suggesting that either
1) Downgrade to Amber >> Install Windows Insider >> Upgrade to WM10 (not sure if 1) is even possible)
OR
2) Downgrade to Amber >> Install PfD and update to 8.1 OS 14219 >> hard reset and install all apps updates after setup to ensure a clean OS >> Install Windows Insider and update to WM10 >> hard reset >> setup/update all apps from store >> install Lumia system apps for WM10 from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa