10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)

Yeah its simple, but it also at times fail, and sometimes when it fails, the phone becomes unresponsive. That's the fear people has

Deth_CrimsonX

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Im having issues on my 950 xl. It downloads but stalls at 1% on install. Does it matter if im using a international hong kong phone for the us. Everything else is fine. I also did a soft reboot ( power and vol down) a few times.

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
my lumia 1020 is getting worse and worse with no reasons. First I upgraded to 10586 from 8.1, hard reset, resintalled apps. It had been running ok in 2 weeks except the battery was terrible(can only last half a day while in 8.1 it almost last a whole working day). Photo app even downloaded some photos that I don't even know where it comes from every day, really strange because it's my own account.

Today, It goes from bad to worse that some apps I uses on a daily basis like uber, line, viber. All shows blank start screen, hit again, it goes back to winmobile start screen. I had to reinstall to get them to work. really tired.

geirab

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 1020 is getting worse and worse with no reasons. First I upgraded to 10586 from 8.1, hard reset, resintalled apps. It had been running ok in 2 weeks except the battery was terrible(can only last half a day while in 8.1 it almost last a whole working day). Photo app even downloaded some photos that I don't even know where it comes from every day, really strange because it's my own account.

Today, It goes from bad to worse that some apps I uses on a daily basis like uber, line, viber. All shows blank start screen, hit again, it goes back to winmobile start screen. I had to reinstall to get them to work. really tired.
I would suggest a hard reset. Did that on my L1020 because of slow starting apps and wrong APN settings. The phone is now way more responsive and "everything" works.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I am late to work this morning.

The alarm didn't wake me. Because it now is tied to the "Media + Apps" volume setting which I had all the way down, instead of the "Ringer + Notifications" which was set to full blast. It worked yesterday so this must be a 10586.29 change.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

The alarm didn't wake me. Because it now is tied to the "Media + Apps" volume setting which I had all the way down, instead of the "Ringer + Notifications" which was set to full blast. It worked yesterday so this must be a 10586.29 change.

Mine works perfectly, with ringer + notification set to silence + vibro.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

As someone else said, alarms should work with both of those turned off/ set to 0 (My phone is always set that way). There's something else going on there for you. Mine are working fine.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)

While I have no fear of the reset itself, there are many people (there has actually been a study done on this where they took away people's smart phones) that if you take away their smart phone, their hands will start to sweat and they will become nervous and uncomfortable. After a short period of time, they can actually become panicky. I can't remember where I had read about this, but there was an actual psychological study done on it in a peer reviewed journal.

Personally, I don't have that addiction. However, it is a real pain for me because I don't have broadband at home except for the phone's hotspot. I have to travel to an area that has free Wi-Fi in order to do the updates, which means spending time away from my family, or taking my 3 and 5 year old children with me which can actually prevent me from getting it done. If I'm away from family, they can't get in touch with me during the update, which can also be frustrating. Once during an update, my wife was shopping with the children and locked her keys in the car. They were panicking for over an hour until my phone came back up and showed me the voicemail. I then proceeded to call her back and travel across town to rescue them. The children were crying. This is what I hate about the update process. I'm probably the only one that has those particular problems, though.

The Recovery Tool only gives you what the phone shipped with. It would be nice if we could make real backups.
Well, in the recovery tools defense, it does give you the latest ROM available for the phone. But, yeah, it would be great to be able to do a device image backup to a PC with the tool that we can later reflash if there were ever a problem.

Sorry for off topic, don't know where should I discuss this, on Windows 10 Mobile when I press hardware volume key (up or down), on 1st press it shows on screen volume slider and then on 2nd press it change (increase or decrease) the volume itself, so to change the volume 1 step (up or down) I have to press the key twice, is this how volume keys work on Windows Mobile or something wrong with my phone. Because on Droid it's not like this, don't need two key press for 1 step volume change.
This is so you can check your current volume without changing it. A much smarter way.
I don't think it smarter anyway, IMO its better on Droid :)
Wow. Yeah, there are a number of people on both sides of this issue.
Arguments on the WP side can include:
#1: As Giddora said, you can check your current volume level without changing it.
#2: It gives you access to playback controls from within any app without having to switch back to the media player.
#3: It prevents accidental volume changes while in your pocket. I'm not sure why people put phones in pockets, but they do. I can't stand it myself, but that's another topic entirely.

Arguments on the Android side include:
#1: Don't have to press the button a second time to increment one volume level.

For me, personally, I prefer the way it is done on WP. That's because I HATE accidental volume changes. I want to do it on purpse. I also like accessing the playback controls this way. Until manufacturers start putting pause/play buttons on the phone with the up/down volume controls, then this is the way I prefer it.

Yeah, I'd like to see buttons for vol+/vol-/play+pause/power/camera on phones. Still missing the play/pause hardware button. I don't think it will ever happen.

Sigh....Still cant Mute Cortana... I leave reading texts always on, on 8.1 I used to hit the power or volume down and it would quiet her when a text came in.... Still cant do this...I leave it on so when am driving she reads the texts. The only problem is when I am in a meeting or something, there is no way to mute her.

It's the only thing that is keeping me on the fence about rolling back to 8.1...

THIS. Yeah, I actually use it while on Bluetooth so that I can use it while in the car, or my hands are otherwise engaged and I can't grab the phone. I use a Bluetooth headset. Problem is, I need this feature all the time, and I keep my Bluetooth on all the time. When I go into the Library (I'm retired, so no meetings), I get a text, I need to "silence" Cortana, because I'm already reading it usually. I can't say "Ignore" or "Read it" while I'm in the Library, because I need to be quiet.

I think if you pull down the notification far enough to see the text box, Cortana needs to be aware of that and shut up. I also think pressing power or vol+ or vol- needs to shut her up as well.

Hopefully we'll get that back in soon. In the meantime, let's find it on the feedback app and upvote it. If it isn't there, create it.

Trust me, if your married and your wife texts you...you'll know what I mean and why I want this to work.

I hear you on that one.

Hi, just updated my Lumia 930 from stock OS to insider fast 10586.29. Microsoft Health app is not working, not tracking my steps. Tried hard reset my phone and start with no restore of previous backup, and still Microsoft Health app not tracking my steps. Anyone got the same problem?

(MSN Health and fitness? is able to see my steps, but on 2nd run of the app it is telling me the app no longer of use anymore, so i cannot use that)

For me, Microsoft Health app doesn't see the steps either. Many people are proclaiming that motion data doesn't work because of this. I was ready to agree with those until I tried a 3rd party app. I'm using a 3rd party podometer app now, and it is working great. All I was needing was the step counter, so I'm good.

Wich is the latest news about windows mobile 10 final version ?
When is the big day ?

I wish I had a dollar for every time this gets asked and answered on these forums.

There is no "final" version. Windows 10 Mobile has already been shipped with new Windows 10 Mobile phones. It is ready. It has been "released to the market" so to speak. When will it arrive on phones that are currently running Windows Phone 8.1? That will be up to the carriers most likely. If you don't want to wait on carrier approval then you can install the insider program and get the preview version.

Preview versions of the phone OS will continue from here on out. This preview version being discussed in this thread is actually farther along than the version released to the market with the new handsets.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine works perfectly, with ringer + notification set to silence + vibro.

As someone else said, alarms should work with both of those turned off/ set to 0 (My phone is always set that way). There's something else going on there for you. Mine are working fine.
I should have mentioned, this is on a 950XL enrolled in Insider yesterday. The alarm was working previously and today it wasn't.

Ah well, maybe it's the "need to delete all alarms and recreate them after every build" thing I remember reading about. I didn't remember it earlier when I posted, I was groggy, late and angry.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just for the record, I went from the previous build to the latest build without doing a hardware reset this time and all is good, no problems. I also upgraded my wife's L930 from 8.1 to the latest build and her's hasn't required a hardware reset either. I assume Microsoft have improved the upgrade process from 8.1 because when I've done this previously, there were quite a few things that didn't work properly, but my wife's handset is fine.

Agil Ristiyanto

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site

in my Lumia 1020 work well, no issue about it,

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was late as well.... good thing I have my surface RT as a backup... Alarm did not go off on 640 with this build... it DID go off when a woke the phone up though.. geeze.. nice "feature" NOT.

:( Many issues with this build ... notification work sometimes, Bluetooth shows connected but no sound in car, cant go to messaging from a lock screen notification (hangs at resuming), many crashes including but not limited to messaging, outlook and groove...

Also.. groove apparently is not "smart" enough to see my offline music already in the music folder and is now downloading all music AGAIN ouch.

And..what I woudlnt give to have groove just start playing where it left off in the car... what a mess MS.. :( I will try a hard reset I guess.....
I'm getting close to going to the dark side....... :( I see fruit in my future.. this is not going to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786