10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone

That's what wrong with people. It should never be like that! And accepting that like a normal routine is really stupid. Not everyone wants to be doing stuff like that with their PC or mobile all the time. There are many people who do not like resetting or flashing every time a newer version is released. It does not make any sense to.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
it's what Microsoft wants to fix or add, not what the people want

At least some people are not M-sheeps and do understand the situation.

I should add that some of the suggestions in the Feedback app is really ridiculous. People just seem to want another Android OS.

Last edited:

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It makes me laugh when uber serious nerds say that such and such command is "dangerous" - LMAO! No, standing on the edge of the grand canyon on roller skates IS DANGEROUS... "dangerous" - LOL - try to be taken seriously when exaggerating SO much? Let us evaluate the situation - "risky to data", yes, but "dangerous"? o__O

Lulz.

I've told you a billion times not to exaggerate.

sharmamani83

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My cellular data usage by "System" have increased a lot after updating to .29 (almost 850 MBs whereas rest all combined equals roughly 200 MBs as per Data Usage app, I mostly use wifi for any heavy data usage). Battery also seems to be not that good after the update and phone is mostly warm.
Anyone facing similar issues, I am running .29 on Lumia 520.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've removed UC browser and now I want to see how the battery behaves for a few days. It was taking 60% of battery usage according to the battery saver app. Pictures took 10% and the rest was store, whatsapp etc. This behavior has been there for a while now ever since I started the insider program with 10512

Downside is I can't browse for anything anymore nor check facebook

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My cellular data usage by "System" have increased a lot after updating to .29 (almost 850 MBs whereas rest all combined equals roughly 200 MBs as per Data Usage app, I mostly use wifi for any heavy data usage). Battery also seems to be not that good after the update and phone is mostly warm.
Anyone facing similar issues, I am running .29 on Lumia 520.

Data usage it's obvious, it shows 30 days cumulative. The only single upgrade download is 750 MB then add the core apps update.
I got a 520 too, it needs two / three days for sync / updating. Then check all background apps and log out skype account, not simply close it because it stays always online in Messaging app

sharmamani83

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Data usage it's obvious, it shows 30 days cumulative. The only single upgrade download is 750 MB then add the core apps update.
I got a 520 too, it needs two / three days for sync / updating. Then check all background apps and log out skype account, not simply close it because it stays always online in Messaging app
The data usage is for 10 days only. I have most of background tasks disabled (including messaging), and use very limited Skype, few text messages per day. Messaging though have separate entry in data usage.
As stated, my phone mostly is connected to wifi except 3-4 hours a day (when I am not in range of known network).
Between my two posts, another 10 MBs have been used (and I even did not unlock my phone). Phone does something in background, consuming data. This could be the reason for low battery and warm phone. I will logout from Skype and will check again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The data usage is for 10 days only. I have most of background tasks disabled (including messaging), and use very limited Skype, few text messages per day. Messaging though have separate entry in data usage.
As stated, my phone mostly is connected to wifi except 3-4 hours a day (when I am not in range of known network).
Between my two posts, another 10 MBs have been used (and I even did not unlock my phone). Phone does something in background, consuming data. This could be the reason for low battery and warm phone. I will logout from Skype and will check again.

Check also if photos are uploading or downloading to / from OneDrive (uncheck "Show only onedrive photos") and in OneDrive, uncheck Video in upload settings. Check store -> mi downloads -> Updates

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
This version has become unstable for me on my 640XL.. Battery has become lousy and things like I can't get into sound settings to change messaging sound, Settings/Personalization/sounds/Manage app sounds takes me to Notifications & Actions instead of App sounds...
I did a hard reset but didn't help.. Seriously thinking of going back to 8.1...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This version has become unstable for me on my 640XL.. Battery has become lousy and things like I can't get into sound settings to change messaging sound, Settings/Personalization/sounds/Manage app sounds takes me to Notifications & Actions instead of App sounds...
I did a hard reset but didn't help.. Seriously thinking of going back to 8.1...

Forum is full of 640 owners with no iussues, use search ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05