10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I apologize if already discussed in this lengthy thread, but does anyone have issues with the camera not working with this build? The camera app on my 1520 starts, but is not able to start the viewfinder, the app is unresponsive and cannot take a picture from the rear/main camera. I managed to restart the phone, which fixed it once, but no longer works as a workaround. I did a reset, which also fixed it, but the problem eventually resurfaced.

View attachment 118612

What about other photo apps like Lumia camera, proshot, etc

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well finally decided to take the plunge on my Nokia 920.

First time I tried to update I received the error: 0x80070070. And I thought to myself do I really want to do this or not. But I decided to try. First thing I did was move all my images, videos and music to my computer's desktop then I performed a hard reset my phone, restored from my backup, then received the denim update (again) and then I looked at my screen. About 10 apps I could no longer get unfortunately and that kinda p!ssed me off. But I said what the hell, lets move on. Those apps take forever to load BTW.

Tried the WIndows Insider update again and immediately got the new error message: "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time on your device and its network connection and try again."... sh!t...

Back to square one with no updates and a phone missing a few apps that I always used.

Tried again from scratch but instead this time I tried getting the WIndows insider app to work after the initial hard reset without loading anything on it. Didn't work again, received the "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time on your device and its network connection and try again."...

Tried again, just to get back to where I was. Got it back to yesterday with the aforementioned missing apps.

I am done.

Want the 950 but it is too expensive for what it is (my opinion), will jump ship and buy the Nexus 5X instead this weekend. Need more apps for my home automation anyway that are just not available on the windows platform. Plus my 920 doesn't have the best reception for me anyway and MS has ported all their exclusivity over to the other platforms making it so easy to switch.

From experience, try these steps:

Since you're back on 8.1, check your date, time and region. Mine would reset to Riyadh even though I'm in Nairobi and that would mess up the update

Once date, time, region are correct. Install insider app, enroll. After every update and restart, confirm date/time/region. They have a habit of changing in the middle of the update process

Only continue with update when date/time and region are okay. As a precaution, disable wifi/cellular after you've downloaded any update and before your start the next update

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What about other photo apps like Lumia camera, proshot, etc

If i recall properly Lumia camera made me launch the windows camera.

I reset it again and running win10 again. Camera and Lumia camera both work. I did not update the camera apps just to be sure. I'll update them later to see if that breaks it again.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If i recall properly Lumia camera made me launch the windows camera.

I reset it again and running win10 again. Camera and Lumia camera both work. I did not update the camera apps just to be sure. I'll update them later to see if that breaks it again.

Nope, didn't update the camera apps and the camera is broken again. Worked after he reset and restore. Not working now for some weird reason. Might have to reset and start clean.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Nope, didn't update the camera apps and the camera is broken again. Worked after he reset and restore. Not working now for some weird reason. Might have to reset and start clean.

I seem to remember seeing someone else posting on the same problem, he/she was also a 1520 user. I don't think they found a solution but you can try searching the threads. It's recent, in the last one week or so

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Since you're back on 8.1, check your date, time and region. Mine would reset to Riyadh even though I'm in Nairobi and that would mess up the update

Regarding time/date problems, I found that turning off the "automatically set time/date" option can be beneficial, and strangely, it still sets the time/date automatically with this option off! But differently somehow...

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 LTE dual sim - After a bad experience of battery drain with 10581 which made me revert back to 8.1 (my fault not doing a hard reset), Installed 10586.29 last night. did a hard reset. Battery life is good as 8.1 for now (after all updates done via wifi and a full charge), smooth performance. no crashes.

TokyoT

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Standby battery life seems to be stellar. However, it seems to drain a lot when using wifi. At this point I expected WP to be near perfect and still am seeing apps randomly closing and the system just freezing.
I'll be honest, it's been years watching this tortured OS trying to go somewhere. It's not happening and MS isn't putting the effort to make it happen. I'll be jumping ship soon, mainly because there's not a single reason to keep using WM over Android, especially now with all of the MS ecosystem there. I wish I could say it's been nice, but it's been hell.

BOelox

May 14, 2015
Visit site
On Lumia 720 works smooth. A little slow because of the 512Mb limitation but fine. Sometimes (1 or 2 times a day) the phone freezes and you need to press volume down + power buttons to reboot. All in all it is usable.

When you get these freeze next time, try to press Volume Down + Volume up together 3 times in a row. It should Close every opend App. Kind of reset without booting.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 LTE dual sim - After a bad experience of battery drain with 10581 which made me revert back to 8.1 (my fault not doing a hard reset), Installed 10586.29 last night. did a hard reset. Battery life is good as 8.1 for now (after all updates done via wifi and a full charge), smooth performance. no crashes.

I am currently doing mine as well, and its stuck in Chinese language. You have any idea how this happen?

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to have photo favorites like in 8.1, and then have the live tile display only favorites? The only options I have are for "Recent Photos" and "A Single Photo".

zechostar

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I did it on 640XL LTE dual sim (from HongKong), had to do it twice, first time it got stuck on an infinite boot loop after install...

Now it picked another update, but the problem is I can't download from Windows Store ?!? :unhappy:
It says: "Something went wrong on our end - Code is 0x800704CF"
Other thing seem to work just fine.

Anybody else has a similar problem?

Crocography

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
From experience, try these steps:

Once date, time, region are correct. Install insider app, enroll. After every update and restart, confirm date/time/region. They have a habit of changing in the middle of the update process

Only continue with update when date/time and region are okay. As a precaution, disable wifi/cellular after you've downloaded any update and before your start the next update

Okay I will try this.

I will "unenroll" / decline my insider app, uninstall it then restart my phone. Then I will turn date/time to manual settings, enroll in insider, install insider and then try again. I always disable wifi/cellular as quickly after an update as I can not to loose my good backups anyway.

One last try later tonight I guess, if it doesn't work I will buy my Nexus 5X this weekend. (checked out the availability of all my apps that I would like to use last night, and although I do not like the flow or look of the Android OS I am otherwise good to jump ship.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven