10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(9707071)

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
confused here:

1- why is MS not saying that windows 10 mobile is officially out ?
2- the lumia 950 and XL version are the only ones that can see the "official update" according to many article...so why are owners of other lumias having the update too ? not speaking of insiders!!!!
3- @all owners of 640 and 640xl; is there anyone that has received the "OFFICIAL update" ? on all the forums...these owners are insiders...

thanx for any anwser

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Only W10M devices got officially .29 (950 950XL 550).

Other devices have to wait, as unlike the previous devices, they're not "native W10M" devices (=Upgrade from 8.1 to 10).

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's a coincidence but yesterday I updated these same apps and my Alarm did not go on this morning.
I checked the setting and it's set for Weekdays and it is turned ON.

I also noticed my calendar was not displaying on the Lock screen. I also checked the setting and it appeared to be set properly.

Anyone else noticed these same issues?

-Rich

These never get Updated (Lumia 640 XL) Insider 10.0.10586.29
View attachment 118696

scd147

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
So I've been running this for a week on my Lumia 920 with meh results. Overheating, battery discharge by 11:00 from a full charge by 7:00am, one day the camera was solid green... had to reboot for that one. Today I decided throw caution to the wind and upgrade my Lumia 640 (it was previously my backup phone). WOW. What a difference a modern chipset makes! As far as I can tell from a purely spec point of view, the older snapdragon in the 920 is about on par with the modern midrange snapdragon 400 in the 640, but this is a case of specs not equaling real world experience. The lesson I learned: If you want to see what Windows 10 Mobile can do, try it on a newer phone. Good stuff!

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded .29 to my ATT 830 from the Insider program, but after reading all the comments here I'm afraid to install it. I keep delaying the time and date to install. I would just as soon delete the download if I could based on what I read here is going on with this.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It is in my case. Battery usage even more detailed.

I find the battery icon is completely misleading. For example, the icon will indicate almost a full charge, but pull down notifications and it will show 75%. I think Microsoft is playing games with the battery icon to make you think it's getting more life than it is.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if already discussed in this lengthy thread, but does anyone have issues with the camera not working with this build? The camera app on my 1520 starts, but is not able to start the viewfinder, the app is unresponsive and cannot take a picture from the rear/main camera. I managed to restart the phone, which fixed it once, but no longer works as a workaround. I did a reset, which also fixed it, but the problem eventually resurfaced.

View attachment 118612

I had the same problem on my Icon and 928. The camera barely worked when it did. Most times, particularly just after an update, it was a disaster, I'd usually get nothing but a green screen. I'd have to hard reset the phone and do a clean install of everything, but then it was still very slow and unresponsive most of the time. It seems Windows 10 Mobile hasn't really been designed to work on "older" hardware, despite Microsoft's claims.

Alickiman

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
It's been a week now since i installed .29 on my lumia 830 and i must say everything works fine. It gets hotter when charging and the screen blinks at times i don't know why. And i thought they would sort out the usb connection thing for those of us who had hard reset our phones on .11. I hope the next build wont need me to go back to 8.1 coz i can't.

anon(9707071)

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
why are people surprised W10M has issues with their phones, mainly on L20,30 and 40 series ??!!!! the OS is not even finished !
you install it knowing that and then you are stunned when camera, battery or screen lock has issues ? :excited:

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Still can't seem to track packages with Cortana. She doesn't read my amazon emails and lets me know... any suggestions?

Also, display dock arrives today!

Lord Method Man

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it's a coincidence but yesterday I updated these same apps and my Alarm did not go on this morning.
I checked the setting and it's set for Weekdays and it is turned ON.

I also noticed my calendar was not displaying on the Lock screen. I also checked the setting and it appeared to be set properly.

Anyone else noticed these same issues?

-Rich

The same thing happened to me! My Alarm didn't go off yesterday and I was almost late for work because of it! All my Alarm settings were still configured as they should be, I had no idea what went wrong.

Thomasmas

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
why are people surprised W10M has issues with their phones, mainly on L20,30 and 40 series ??!!!! the OS is not even finished !
you install it knowing that and then you are stunned when camera, battery or screen lock has issues ? :excited:

I agree with this. In my opinion users of Lumia 950 and 550 have reasons to complain. Others really should wait till it's officially released for their phone. If the issues exist then, ok.

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but 10586.29 seems to work well on my old Lumia 925. I can't comment on battery life as it hasn't been installed very long.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The same thing happened to me! My Alarm didn't go off yesterday and I was almost late for work because of it! All my Alarm settings were still configured as they should be, I had no idea what went wrong.

It's a common iussue when updating s.o.- I have the habit to check again always alarms , deleting and resetting again. Sometimes I found them in default mode)

HotFix

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree with this. In my opinion users of Lumia 950 and 550 have reasons to complain. Others really should wait till it's officially released for their phone. If the issues exist then, ok.

My complaint as an unlocked 950 user is that I still don't have the update... I know they are working on it but all the cool kids got it already and I am feeling left out (I guess someone is trying to tell me something :wink:).

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Not a clue. Am sorry to hear things messed up. I think a hard reset would work fine. if you cant read Chinese stuff on settings page, use the key combination to hard reset.

Thanks, but I kinda figured it out... I had to watch a video online and imitate the steps by following the icons. I got the language changed so I am a member of the insider again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb