10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurobindo123

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
lumia 720. yesterday my phone downloaded some language pack update. the phone did all the install thing rebooted and wow! I don't know what happened but now the phone is pretty fast, almost like it used to be on wp8.1!!! really good work MS :)
Any freezing issue after the update ??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile is not a kind of magic, is the same of desktop one. Have you got a recent gen pc / notebook? Nice! Have you got an old gen? Please check you settings and remove everything you don't need. But forget lightining speed. Unless Gabe and his team undestand someone doesn't want fading, animation, and glitter at the expense of speed. I left a feedback, I hope they put some screen video setting like that.

Razvan Simion

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I try to put watsapp at quick status(when screen is locked) and it shows me an red x and i dont get any notification on screen , only baner and sound.
And another problem was that sometimes camera doesen't respond , even watsapp/windows central app didnt respond .

Nokia Lumia 930

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
So I've been running this for a week on my Lumia 920 with meh results. Overheating, battery discharge by 11:00 from a full charge by 7:00am, one day the camera was solid green... had to reboot for that one. Today I decided throw caution to the wind and upgrade my Lumia 640 (it was previously my backup phone). WOW. What a difference a modern chipset makes! As far as I can tell from a purely spec point of view, the older snapdragon in the 920 is about on par with the modern midrange snapdragon 400 in the 640, but this is a case of specs not equaling real world experience. The lesson I learned: If you want to see what Windows 10 Mobile can do, try it on a newer phone. Good stuff!

I had that same fear and tried it on my 640xl, and trust me, I didn't even look at it as a preview. Honestly, the complains I read was for the older phones, but on my 640 xl there isn't much to complain about than my live account wont add, so I think its because a glitch during installation. Other than that, its all good to me.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded .29 to my ATT 830 from the Insider program, but after reading all the comments here I'm afraid to install it. I keep delaying the time and date to install. I would just as soon delete the download if I could based on what I read here is going on with this.

The win10 only works well on recent phones. That's my view so far

mgowen

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I installed on my Lumia 640 and also on my older 1520 (which has a dodgy battery now, hence the 640 in my possession). Had previously run a September build on the 1520 - and was so disappointed and frustrated, especially with Edge which refused to drop through my work web proxy, that I went back to 8.1 within a day. Ultra laggy and buggy.

I have to say that this build is very, very different. Seems like a different OS. Boots much quicker on the 1520, of course and performance on that is now pretty good. However, to my surprise, the Lumia 640 is actually not too different on Win10. It doesn't seem any slower than 8.1 now. This is a lower end device - I bought the device from Argos in the UK for ?120 - and it performs rather well. The device's app loading is dreadful (was on 8.1 too) but patience is something I have lots of with a cheap device. Once in apps, the performance is sweet.

Battery has lasted all day since I reset the device to do a re-set-up of apps etc, and it's been quite heavily used since it came off the charger at 8.30am, including about 45 minutes of voice navigation. Now 11.45pm and it's dropped to 39%. Not bad. And, I have done no optimisation except turning NFC off. All apps that want to are getting background time.

There are niggles, of course, but I'm staggered at the change in two months.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I installed on my Lumia 640 and also on my older 1520 (which has a dodgy battery now, hence the 640 in my possession). Had previously run a September build on the 1520 - and was so disappointed and frustrated, especially with Edge which refused to drop through my work web proxy, that I went back to 8.1 within a day. Ultra laggy and buggy.

I have to say that this build is very, very different. Seems like a different OS. Boots much quicker on the 1520, of course and performance on that is now pretty good. However, to my surprise, the Lumia 640 is actually not too different on Win10. It doesn't seem any slower than 8.1 now. This is a lower end device - I bought the device from Argos in the UK for ?120 - and it performs rather well. The device's app loading is dreadful (was on 8.1 too) but patience is something I have lots of with a cheap device. Once in apps, the performance is sweet.

Battery has lasted all day since I reset the device to do a re-set-up of apps etc, and it's been quite heavily used since it came off the charger at 8.30am, including about 45 minutes of voice navigation. Now 11.45pm and it's dropped to 39%. Not bad. And, I have done no optimisation except turning NFC off. All apps that want to are getting background time.

There are niggles, of course, but I'm staggered at the change in two months.

Its clean on 640xl, trust me... only issue I have so far is Facebook app and couple seconds delays at times to got start screen. To me, its a bit faster than win 8.1

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'd prefer to wait for the final build..
This is the final build (given that they run on now released (950, 950 Xl & 550), they are still testing it for mass release for a lot of devices. a new phone released in 2015 will do just fine with this build.

still it has some hiccups rarely, but keep in mind that no software on other platforms were perfect on release

CruelEngine

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Tried Windows 10 TP for the first time,the new build ! Was always scared to do so ! Man I'm in love with this build on my 730 <3 ... Installed it and did a hard reset and he'll yeah she feels so much better than 8.1 <3 !!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Tried Windows 10 TP for the first time,the new build ! Was always scared to do so ! Man I'm in love with this build on my 730 <3 ... Installed it and did a hard reset and he'll yeah she feels so much better than 8.1 <3 !!

Yeah its a really awesome, best build I have seen so far!

CruelEngine

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Anybody has this weird issue wherein the settings gets enlarged like huge folders ? I've attached the screenshots :)

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151213_0007.jpg
    wp_ss_20151213_0007.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 67

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anybody has this weird issue wherein the settings gets enlarged like huge folders ? I've attached the screenshots :)

I've seen it before, a couple builds back. But rarely and it would go away once you back out of settings or change rotation

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My experience with upgrading from 8 to 10586.29

• I reset using windows device recovery tool
  • Signed in, didn't restore
  • Updated windows 8 to 8.1 on phone.
  • Disabled automatic app updates.
  • Made sure messages had started syncing
  • Started downloading apps while messages were syncing. Took about 20 minutes
  • Did NOT update Nokia camera or creative studio. Left them as it was. Updated all the rest, downloaded some apps, removed others
  • Enrolled insider preview, made sure date, time and region were correct.
  • Started update process. Took about an hour I think, can't remember
  • Disabled WiFi, disabled automatic app updates
  • Checked date, time and region, enabled WiFi, checked for updates to apps. Downloaded store first.
  • Updated all other apps except for Nokia camera and creative studio.
  • Changed settings, did some housekeeping, copied back songs, ringtone, videos, documents and photos
  • Installed fast configuration update
  • All set.

Now I'm on 10586.29, fresh install.

I have Nokia camera, Nokia creative studio, here maps, lumia refocus, cinemagraph panorama and lumia creative studio beta

Only downside, battery life still is worse. 1-2% per hour on standby, that is fixed for sure. When I had 10586.29 after hard resetting before this whole process, battery drain was much better.

If I hard reset after putting 10586.29, drain while using 6tag, whatsapp, store, emails for 20 minutes was about 5-6%. If I don't hard reset, it's about 15-18%

Lumia 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb