The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-18-2015 01:47 AM
368 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    It makes me laugh when uber serious nerds say that such and such command is "dangerous" - LMAO! No, standing on the edge of the grand canyon on roller skates IS DANGEROUS... "dangerous" - LOL - try to be taken seriously when exaggerating SO much? Let us evaluate the situation - "risky to data", yes, but "dangerous"? o__O

Lulz.
    I've told you a billion times not to exaggerate.
    12-08-2015 10:38 PM
    My Lumia 1020 is at 80% battery on low usage after 24 hours. So far it has been stable for me.
    What do you mean by low usage? And how is that possible? I use whatsapp for 10 minutes and battery is down by 10%
    jmagwp likes this.
    12-08-2015 11:04 PM
    My Lumia 950 has already picked this up. Didn't see any big changes.
    12-08-2015 11:56 PM
    lumia 625 was hanging in this build and also in previous build ,its happening every 5 min
    12-09-2015 12:06 AM
    I see some apps are listed twice in my all apps. How to remove the duplicates?
    12-09-2015 12:50 AM
    HI.
    Just this morning Lumia 950XL hailed for "10.0.10586.29" update, but loading is not progressing... Wlan & Cell data.
    Is the any way to "kick this"

wp_ss_20151209_0003.jpg
    12-09-2015 12:58 AM
    My cellular data usage by "System" have increased a lot after updating to .29 (almost 850 MBs whereas rest all combined equals roughly 200 MBs as per Data Usage app, I mostly use wifi for any heavy data usage). Battery also seems to be not that good after the update and phone is mostly warm.
    Anyone facing similar issues, I am running .29 on Lumia 520.
    12-09-2015 03:28 AM
    I've removed UC browser and now I want to see how the battery behaves for a few days. It was taking 60% of battery usage according to the battery saver app. Pictures took 10% and the rest was store, whatsapp etc. This behavior has been there for a while now ever since I started the insider program with 10512

Downside is I can't browse for anything anymore nor check facebook
    12-09-2015 03:32 AM
    My cellular data usage by "System" have increased a lot after updating to .29 (almost 850 MBs whereas rest all combined equals roughly 200 MBs as per Data Usage app, I mostly use wifi for any heavy data usage). Battery also seems to be not that good after the update and phone is mostly warm.
    Anyone facing similar issues, I am running .29 on Lumia 520.
    Data usage it's obvious, it shows 30 days cumulative. The only single upgrade download is 750 MB then add the core apps update.
    I got a 520 too, it needs two / three days for sync / updating. Then check all background apps and log out skype account, not simply close it because it stays always online in Messaging app
    12-09-2015 03:47 AM
    Data usage it's obvious, it shows 30 days cumulative. The only single upgrade download is 750 MB then add the core apps update.
    I got a 520 too, it needs two / three days for sync / updating. Then check all background apps and log out skype account, not simply close it because it stays always online in Messaging app
    The data usage is for 10 days only. I have most of background tasks disabled (including messaging), and use very limited Skype, few text messages per day. Messaging though have separate entry in data usage.
    As stated, my phone mostly is connected to wifi except 3-4 hours a day (when I am not in range of known network).
    Between my two posts, another 10 MBs have been used (and I even did not unlock my phone). Phone does something in background, consuming data. This could be the reason for low battery and warm phone. I will logout from Skype and will check again.
    12-09-2015 04:09 AM
    The data usage is for 10 days only. I have most of background tasks disabled (including messaging), and use very limited Skype, few text messages per day. Messaging though have separate entry in data usage.
    As stated, my phone mostly is connected to wifi except 3-4 hours a day (when I am not in range of known network).
    Between my two posts, another 10 MBs have been used (and I even did not unlock my phone). Phone does something in background, consuming data. This could be the reason for low battery and warm phone. I will logout from Skype and will check again.
    Check also if photos are uploading or downloading to / from OneDrive (uncheck "Show only onedrive photos") and in OneDrive, uncheck Video in upload settings. Check store -> mi downloads -> Updates
    12-09-2015 04:12 AM
    This version has become unstable for me on my 640XL.. Battery has become lousy and things like I can't get into sound settings to change messaging sound, Settings/Personalization/sounds/Manage app sounds takes me to Notifications & Actions instead of App sounds...
    I did a hard reset but didn't help.. Seriously thinking of going back to 8.1...
    12-09-2015 04:52 AM
    My Icon just sits at 0% for an extended period then says it can't update.
    12-09-2015 08:04 AM
    The same is happening on my Lumia Icon.
    12-09-2015 08:08 AM
    This version has become unstable for me on my 640XL.. Battery has become lousy and things like I can't get into sound settings to change messaging sound, Settings/Personalization/sounds/Manage app sounds takes me to Notifications & Actions instead of App sounds...
    I did a hard reset but didn't help.. Seriously thinking of going back to 8.1...
    Forum is full of 640 owners with no iussues, use search ;)
    12-09-2015 08:10 AM
    After failing several times, it finally downloaded the update. Now I am on the gear screen. Fingers crossed!
    12-09-2015 08:49 AM
    I went to this version from 8.1. I am sure this has been covered, but in most of my apps, when the keyboard pops up to type, the app goes black and cannot see it or what I am typing. Any ideas?
    12-09-2015 08:56 AM
    I can tell you right now, my experience with Windows 10 Mobile is much better on the 950 than it was on my 640. I was using the 640 as a daily driver up until last week and didn't find the experience all that bad. Especially for a technical preview. And where are you seeing the 950 priced at $700? Now you're just over exaggerating.
    Really? The 650 is $598 before taxes and fees ..... Heaven forbid one would pick the XL . In addition I'm not investing without some type of insurance on the device... Need a back cover to make your "flagship" feel like a flagship.. add another $$$ so $700 is very REAL.

If the device and OS worked as expected.... (Can I get a wake up alarm please ? Can I stay connected via Bluetooth to my vehicle and actually hear music ? Get notification sounds reliably? ) then maybe it is a good "value" ... Unfortunately I'm not so nave to believe that all these issues are "phone specific" I've been in IT for 25 years... please.. those are excuses. This is the SAME code that was just shipped to a "production" phone (650/XL) ... not impressing me and I'm a LONG time MS advocate. I have been a Sys Admin and manager of all things MS (and still am).. You want me to support/recommend W10M to my organization as an IT Manager? Please. There is point at which you need stuff to "Just work" for daily tasks.

Not really interested in a two year old OS (8.1) ... so what are my options? Android (security nightmare). IOS (almost unmanageable). or explain to those that watch me struggle to get things to work (most of them IT professionals) with a device that should "just work" for those tasks (can I have an alarm please?)

FWIW.... No alarm again this morning and I did a hard reset (PITA) yesterday afternoon.. Bluetooth still hit or miss.. Cortana is so slow for reading and responding to SMS that might just turn that off... :(

I am NOT complaining I'm stating facts here. And one of them is there's a point at which.. you just have to move to something else. Got BLACKBERRY ? I personally turned off multiple BES servers. MS is well on their way as well....

/rant

PS .... I didn't even start on the "App Gap" issue ;-)
    12-09-2015 09:49 AM
    My out of pocket for the 950 was a little over $300, including fees, taxes, a Mozo back and protection plan on contract. The iPhone 6S is $299 before adding anything. In the US, this is the price most people will pay. Also, let's talk about that "flagship" feel... who do you know that doesn't put a case on those easily scratched and dinged metal-bodied phones? Everyone does. Delicate phone requiring chubby rubber/plastic case = flagship feel? smh

I get a wake up alarm every day, my BT stays connected to my Pioneer appRadio and I play music from my phone every day, and all my notification sounds are reliable. I don't even get your Cortana complaint. I use it to read/send texts in my car daily and it's normal conversational speed.

I'm sorry you're having issues, but I'm certainly not.
    Last edited by TheDvlsAdvc8; 12-09-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    12-09-2015 10:48 AM
    After i`ve done a hard reset and used the phone for a few days i can finally say that this is a build worth for RTM (at least for my Lumia 930). No bugs, no fast battery drain even when not in use. The only thing that still bugs me is that i can`t get the FB app to 10.1 .. for some reason i`m stuck with the v 8.3.7

And i totally got to love the 250% text size. Having 4 rows on the screen and getting to see more apps when using Task switcher is a charm. It takes a bit to get used to the smaller fonts but after a day or two you won`t go back to 3 rows.

I admit that 3 or 4 builds ago i was pretty sceptic about Windows 10 every being ready or as good as 8.1 but with this build i`m convinced that MS will manage to bring a very good OS, all that remains is developers to bring more apps... core social apps are a must to bring costumers, the rest of the apps will flow by themselves with time.

wp_ss_20151209_0005.jpg wp_ss_20151209_0006.jpg
    12-09-2015 11:13 AM
    HI.
    Just this morning Lumia 950XL hailed for "10.0.10586.29" update, but loading is not progressing... Wlan & Cell data.
    Is the any way to "kick this"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20151209_0003.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	118574
    Same issue here on a Lumia 1520. I had to revert back to Windows 8.1 and then upgrade to 10.0.10586.29.
    Then do a hard reset.
    Works fine now.
    12-09-2015 11:14 AM
    Really? The 650 is $598 before taxes and fees ..... Heaven forbid one would pick the XL . In addition I'm not investing without some type of insurance on the device... Need a back cover to make your "flagship" feel like a flagship.. add another $$$ so $700 is very REAL.

If the device and OS worked as expected.... (Can I get a wake up alarm please ? Can I stay connected via Bluetooth to my vehicle and actually hear music ? Get notification sounds reliably? ) then maybe it is a good "value" ... Unfortunately I'm not so nave to believe that all these issues are "phone specific" I've been in IT for 25 years... please.. those are excuses. This is the SAME code that was just shipped to a "production" phone (650/XL) ... not impressing me and I'm a LONG time MS advocate. I have been a Sys Admin and manager of all things MS (and still am).. You want me to support/recommend W10M to my organization as an IT Manager? Please. There is point at which you need stuff to "Just work" for daily tasks.

Not really interested in a two year old OS (8.1) ... so what are my options? Android (security nightmare). IOS (almost unmanageable). or explain to those that watch me struggle to get things to work (most of them IT professionals) with a device that should "just work" for those tasks (can I have an alarm please?)

FWIW.... No alarm again this morning and I did a hard reset (PITA) yesterday afternoon.. Bluetooth still hit or miss.. Cortana is so slow for reading and responding to SMS that might just turn that off... :(

I am NOT complaining I'm stating facts here. And one of them is there's a point at which.. you just have to move to something else. Got BLACKBERRY ? I personally turned off multiple BES servers. MS is well on their way as well....

/rant

PS .... I didn't even start on the "App Gap" issue ;-)
    agree with you on the bolds... they need to fix these asap. i was late to work this morning
    12-09-2015 11:25 AM
    At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)
    My only gripe is that as an Xbox Music Pass member, I can only delete one Music Pass device every 30 days. Too many and guess what, I can't download music!
    12-09-2015 12:34 PM
    On Lumia 720 works smooth. A little slow because of the 512Mb limitation but fine. Sometimes (1 or 2 times a day) the phone freezes and you need to press volume down + power buttons to reboot. All in all it is usable.
    12-09-2015 12:37 PM
    512 device, how are you? Do you still face freezing screen on 10586.29 ?? Ive update my lumia 720, no freezing screen so far, maybe im lucky hhaha
    Edit : I got it after playing music and open photos app, freezing screen, ohh
    same here..
    12-09-2015 12:46 PM
368 ... 89101112 ...