10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for off topic, don't know where should I discuss this, on Windows 10 Mobile when I press hardware volume key (up or down), on 1st press it shows on screen volume slider and then on 2nd press it change (increase or decrease) the volume itself, so to change the volume 1 step (up or down) I have to press the key twice, is this how volume keys work on Windows Mobile or something wrong with my phone. Because on Droid it's not like this, don't need two key press for 1 step volume change.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for off topic, don't know where should I discuss this, on Windows 10 Mobile when I press hardware volume key (up or down), on 1st press it shows on screen volume slider and then on 2nd press it change (increase or decrease) the volume itself, so to change the volume 1 step (up or down) I have to press the key twice, is this how volume keys work on Windows Mobile or something wrong with my phone. Because on Droid it's not like this, don't need two key press for 1 step volume change.

That is by design; it's working correctly.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Hum! Still no update, maybe need to reconfigure Insider app? I got it just after Gab's tweet.

Thank you. That is what it was. I guess when I started the insider program and needed to do a reset it deleted the insider app. I didn't notice until I went to look for it again. Installed it and downloading now.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

This is so you can check your current volume without changing it. A much smarter way.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Question for you guys who have already updated. Is there really a severe battery drain issue? As far as i've seen in these couple of hours, people complain about it alot, so i was looking for some kind of in-detail review and opinion on the subject. Anyone?

'Cause if it is as severe as people represent it, it will be a deal braker for me whether to upgrade or not.

Absolutely not

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)

Why bother? The true test of the OS upgrade process is allowing a working phone to be updated (after all, finding bugs is the entire point of the "insider" program). If you have issues, THEN reset, would be my logical way of proceeding.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...e-insider-build-10586-thread.html#post3297945

:wink:

Hah... I agree. Hard resets are the way to go.

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't hard reset any of my device on Dev Preview again, after having to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1 before getting the 10586.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Sigh....Still cant Mute Cortana... I leave reading texts always on, on 8.1 I used to hit the power or volume down and it would quiet her when a text came in.... Still cant do this...I leave it on so when am driving she reads the texts. The only problem is when I am in a meeting or something, there is no way to mute her.

It's the only thing that is keeping me on the fence about rolling back to 8.1...

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Should my ATT 830 download and install automatically? I don't see any indication that it has, and when I check Updates in settings says I am current.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sigh....Still cant Mute Cortana... I leave reading texts always on, on 8.1 I used to hit the power or volume down and it would quiet her when a text came in.... Still cant do this...I leave it on so when am driving she reads the texts. The only problem is when I am in a meeting or something, there is no way to mute her.

It's the only thing that is keeping me on the fence about rolling back to 8.1...
How do you get the phone to read texts out loud? I can't find that anywhere.

lallen3

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
This update messed with my alarms again. My alarm from yesterday morning went off, even though it doesn't exist, no alarms do currently. Does this crap happen on the 950 and XL? I hard reset a few days ago because 586.11 had the same alarm issue driving me mad, then was fine after the hard reset when adding, changing, removing and testing alarms. Thanks for waking me at 4:30am MS. End rant. I didn't think a hard reset would be necessary after a minor update. Request for Alarms to be capable of uninstall and reinstall to fix issues added to Feedback.

If you can't trust a simple alarm clock to work...

We have the 950/950xl and I can confirm there are alarm issues. Indicator never goes away in action bar, and there are phantom alarms as well as difficulty making the tone change to anything but the default. We need and update, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo