Mobile hotspot is not working properly in W10M, is there a fix for it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Mobile hotspot is not working properly in W10M

Hi, I have upgraded my lumia 920 to W10M 10.0.10586.29 release all is good except mobile hotspot, when i turn on mobile hotspot and connect my laptop to it it's working but when my phone got locked hotspot also stop working. is there any fix available for this ?

Christian_1

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mobile hotspot is not working properly in W10M

I have the same issue with my 950XL too. Did you try to reset your phone ? I was thinking doing that to see if that would resolve the issue

Christian

Chart8006

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't post links yet but I deleted known WiFi networks on phone as described in the discussion and hotspot worked even with lockscreen on. Add the http// verbiage and read the discussions at the following. Using a 925 with .71 update.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_web/mobile-hotspot-does-not-work-on-phone-drops-on/592c3c50-7d4e-45f4-9392-dd45bcd3fece?page=7

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I followed your linked instructions and can also confirm that the "hot-spot" is now working even with the lock-screen on with my L925 on most current .71 update. Thank you! :)

LineageL2ad

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I can't post links yet but I deleted known WiFi networks on phone as described in the discussion and hotspot worked even with lockscreen on. Add the http// verbiage and read the discussions at the following. Using a 925 with .71 update.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_web/mobile-hotspot-does-not-work-on-phone-drops-on/592c3c50-7d4e-45f4-9392-dd45bcd3fece?page=7
Big THX! It's really worked (NL 920, Release Ring)

ptsekov

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I also had the same issue on my Lumia 925 running latest release Windows 10 Mobile (10586.494). I can confirm that after removing my saved WI-FI networks I have no problems sharing my mobile connection using the mobile hotspot function even after the display turns off.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I also had the same issue on my Lumia 925 running latest release Windows 10 Mobile (10586.494). I can confirm that after removing my saved WI-FI networks I have no problems sharing my mobile connection using the mobile hotspot function even after the display turns off.

what happens after you start saving networks again?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Originally posted by MrKappa
Originally Posted by EspHack
what happens after you start saving networks again?
Then the hot spot will stop to work again when screen is off. Basically is not the solution but a simple trick but Microsoft should fix seriously.

they wont, they got it "fixed" a few months ago, apparently only a portion of the users still have this problem, so they will probably sweep this under the rug

MrKappa

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

they wont, they got it "fixed" a few months ago, apparently only a portion of the users still have this problem, so they will probably sweep this under the rug

You are right, I don't expect any solution as this bug is more than one year old. They just abandoned some phones and finally Microsoft will be the looser because I have no reason to buy anymore a Microsoft device.

encorelui2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Used it very frequently on a Lumia 930 and L950 without issue. Started having problems about a week ago on Lumia 950... Just fixed by turning off "Use random hardware address" on the additional settings under Wi-Fi. Seems to be back to normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss