Windows 10 Mobile on Verizon Lumia 928

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to decide if I should put Windows 10 on my 928. Who here has installed it? Any problems with calls, SMS, battery life, other?

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i have it on my L928
Only issue I am having is that the notifications for email and sms do not seem to work.
not sure if its hardware or if its software but I will probably revert back to WP8.1 and test to make sure it is not hardware.

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
i have it on my L928
Only issue I am having is that the notifications for email and sms do not seem to work.
not sure if its hardware or if its software but I will probably revert back to WP8.1 and test to make sure it is not hardware.
I'm seeing the same thing but it seem that they are just slow. They do eventually show up on the lock screen.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
they do show up on the lock screen.
the notification in the action menu where it shows up at top of screen (banner) shows up every once in awhile.
when SMS shows up in the banner, its nice to use the quick reply option instead of having to jump into the Messaging app to do the reply (for a quick reply at least).
the big issue is that no sounds are played when those notifications happen, even when the banner shows up.
I have changed all the sounds off the Default setting and if I have the application open, it seems that I get the sound (email and sms).
but if the app is not open (either in front view or in background) it doesnt play the sounds at all.
and if the screen is off, forget it. since 10586 update, I have yet to get sound when the screen is off (it never turns the screen on and brings up the banner like it did prior to 10586 build).
I will say that with the screen off, not getting the banner notification is not all that bad given that if its forced to turn screen on to display banner notification, and if device is in pocket, that could lead to some accidental replies to SMS or Email.

But no sound is a very big issue right now.

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Since I had just updated to Windows 10, I decided to go to the Store and check for app updates. I had a ton - close to 30 - including one for Mail. Now I the get count of unread emails on the live tile. I hope it will resolve the sound issue too.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Bought a used one (white) for my wife to give smart phones a try. Debated on whether to leave it at 8.1 or update to 10. Did the update and updated all the apps and it appears to be running very nicely. I have the 950xl and the speed on loading and resuming is just a tad slower on the 928. I hope she likes it.

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Since I had just updated to Windows 10, I decided to go to the Store and check for app updates. I had a ton - close to 30 - including one for Mail. Now I the get count of unread emails on the live tile. I hope it will resolve the sound issue too.
The updates didn't fix the sound issue on email unfortunately. SMS is fine, even if the app isn't open.

Last edited:

Ek-Balam

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Bought a used one (white) for my wife to give smart phones a try. Debated on whether to leave it at 8.1 or update to 10. Did the update and updated all the apps and it appears to be running very nicely. I have the 950xl and the speed on loading and resuming is just a tad slower on the 928. I hope she likes it.

Same with me here. I used my wife's old 928 (she now has an Icon) so I could join the insiders program with low risk. Now have .29 running very well on the 928 and have adopted it as my daily driver!

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i still do not get email sounds or sms sounds when the device is locked (either after pressing the power button or letting it time out the screen).

I have Messaging + Skype and just noticed I still had Skype set as default sound.

Just changed that so will see if that makes a difference or not.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
i still do not get email sounds or sms sounds when the device is locked (either after pressing the power button or letting it time out the screen).

I have Messaging + Skype and just noticed I still had Skype set as default sound.

Just changed that so will see if that makes a difference or not.

I had this same problem on my 928. I fixed it by going ->notifications and actions -> and make sure show notifications on the lock screen is enabled.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem on my 928. I fixed it by going ->notifications and actions -> and make sure show notifications on the lock screen is enabled.

will give that a try. I did have the set to off so will see how it acts with that turned on. Thanks

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I've been pleased with .36 and the notification issues are fixed for me. The only things that I have noticed are battery life seems slightly worse than 8.1 (but I may have been playing with things more too) and launching Cortana, messaging and email apps seems a little slower. I never did a hard reset. Did you guys? Do you see the same issues?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm running 10586.36 on my Lumia 928 with no problem's, lag or battery issues, you may just want to give a little time to settle in. I have 77 apps loaded with 68 on the start screen with about 24 live tiles, only once did I do the hard reset when we had to go from 8.1 to the next build when there was that bug and never had a problem going forward. All my notifications work including on the lock screen and glance!

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know a fix for hotspot not working on the 928 with WP 10 preview every build I've tried says internet sharing unavailable connection not shared. I pay for hotspot have unlimited data and it works fine on 8.1 I'm just tired of trying new builds only to have to roll back to 8.1 because of hotspot
Any help?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3