Is the last built of W10M for insiders stable on the lumia 640.

Elisamuel Figueroa

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm wondering if the last built of W10M released for the insiders is stable enough to use on a daily driver phone. I have the Lumia 640 and thought if is a good idea to install it meanwhile the official public release roll out.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have it on mine, other than Here Drive crashing right before I had to turn, it's been good, lol. Phone calls, messaging, etc, all seem stable to me. I'm not using it due to lack of notification repeat, but everything else worked well enough for me.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not technically a stability or error, just missing the feature... I have a thread asking about it, but I don't think there's a way to do it. Instead of just alerting once to a missed call/text, I want it to alert every "X" minutes for "X" amount of times, in case I miss the first one.

Edit: Also, I'm not saying everything works perfectly for the OS, just that it's overall stable enough to safely use, in my experience. You shouldn't have an issue with calls, texts. Some apps aren't really optimized to run W10M, so you may see some lag, or closing. But nothing severe. No worse than my Android phone, lol

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 10586.11 on my L640, keep getting error 0x80091007 atm so I can't update to latest build to find out, but if this build is anything to go by I'm sure it's stable. :)

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 10586.11 on my L640, keep getting error 0x80091007 atm so I can't update to latest build to find out, but if this build is anything to go by I'm sure it's stable. :)

perform a hard reset (factory reset) and setup from scratch. might help you, it's always better than reverting back to 8.1

Elisamuel Figueroa

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
After I installed back W10M the only issues I have been experiencing is the non-stop restart when I turn off my phone, the flashlight feature only works sometimes and I can't hide the navigation from some app specially tubecast. so I will try the hard reset, if isssues continues i will roll back to 8.1 and wait till the official release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb