Quiet Hours missing in latest build? 10586.29 on Lumia 640

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Quiet hours missing in settings. When I click on the Moon icon toggle or hold it down, it kicks me to Cortana. Anyone else having this issue or am I missing something?

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I had it. And unfortunately I had to reset my phone and restore the backup. I dunno if something got corrupted, but I couldn't go into Cortana and edit breakthrough list either without it crashing. Matt

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Quiet hours is now in cortana settings.

Go to cortana -->tab the hamburger menu on top left-> access notebook there you got it.

But this is confusing to people who doesn't get cortana activated. (Eg: I setup my device to Sri Lanka on W10M and cortana never appeared. I had to hard reset and set up as US to get cortana. so for some users it might be missing)

darkrothaus

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Similar on my L830 10586.29
I can enter the settings, move the toggle to ON but there is no way to set the times that I want it to go to quiet hours.:unhappysweat:

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I can enter the settings, move the toggle to ON but there is no way to set the times that I want it to go to quiet hours.:unhappysweat:

Do you have Cortana turned on? Once I activated Cortana, I went to the hamburger menu; top left; and went to the Notebook tab. All settings showed there.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

a few restarts are required. it's strange, but you need a few restarts before all settings appear. Also make sure you have cortana talking back to you. (which means you installed speech pack), I also got all settings after a few restarts.

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why the quiet hours function should have anything to do with Cortana at all. I live in Sweden and Cortana is not activated in my country, hence I don't have that function. I really wonder how hard it would have been to put quiet hours as a separate function so that it would have been available to all users. Really odd!

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why the quiet hours function should have anything to do with Cortana at all. I live in Sweden and Cortana is not activated in my country, hence I don't have that function. I really wonder how hard it would have been to put quiet hours as a separate function so that it would have been available to all users. Really odd!

Cannot Agree with you more. quiet hours should be listed in settings or cortana should be available with limited functionality in all countries

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why the quiet hours function should have anything to do with Cortana at all.
+1
I live in Sweden and Cortana is not activated in my country, hence I don't have that function.
They could also separate Cortana from general language settings. I would like to use Bosnian for system language and English for Cortana, but they are forcing me to use English as system language to be able to use Cortana and Quiet Hours. Really odd, indeed.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Fully agreed.
I tweeted Joe Belfiore on this before his time away from Microsoft, but unfortunately did not get a reply.
I would love to know Microsoft's rationale here.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720