Nokia Lumia 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have it running on my 830 and for me it works fine :) been running w10 since the summer and haven't given me much issues ! Thought your Mileage may very

antoniolcrd

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Also have it running with windows insider since 2 weeks agoa and it?s great and stable as well as my lumia 730 used to be with 8.1.

;)

Zhana

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I have been running it on my old phone Lumia 925 and it has become so so slow. That is why I have some doubts with my main phone 830. Thank you for your answers!

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have been running it on my old phone Lumia 925 and it has become so so slow. That is why I have some doubts with my main phone 830. Thank you for your answers!

On my Canadian 830 variant build 10586.11 was OK (not great) initially but after a couple of weeks performance began to degrade, all aspects of the phone, including some apps became slow/laggy along with screen going blank (not freezing) which required a restart to rectify, reverted back to W8.1 after the third incident of latter and where I'm sitting now.

Can't say what build 10586.29 would be like but am a little sceptical after reading many posts indicating inconsistencies still abound on same/similar devices, the battery drain saga doesn't make it very enticing either, as many will state YMMV and something MS needs to get a handle on, more consistency across the board.

Zhana

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Too bad I haven't read your post earlier :) I went ahead with it as I was postponing for six months I guess. Hopefully all works out!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
On my Canadian 830 variant build 10586.11 was OK (not great) initially but after a couple of weeks performance began to degrade, all aspects of the phone, including some apps became slow/laggy along with screen going blank (not freezing) which required a restart to rectify, reverted back to W8.1 after the third incident of latter and where I'm sitting now.

Can't say what build 10586.29 would be like but am a little sceptical after reading many posts indicating inconsistencies still abound on same/similar devices, the battery drain saga doesn't make it very enticing either, as many will state YMMV and something MS needs to get a handle on, more consistency across the board.

All core apps update once a week. Sadly, after update they set themseves at default state in Background battery often.
I've found after a massive update all stupids office apps, facebook, etc, all set to ON. My 520 was agonyzing :D
Now works fine except cortana, but we have to stand by her a little more: she's a Lady!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Build 10586.29 on my L830 LAT CV has been smooth and responsive for about the last 2 weeks. No noticeable issues. Battery life has been pretty good.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
All core apps update once a week. Sadly, after update they set themseves at default state in Background battery often.
I've found after a massive update all stupids office apps, facebook, etc, all set to ON. My 520 was agonyzing :D
Now works fine except cortana, but we have to stand by her a little more: she's a Lady!

After giving previous builds a try on my 1020/830 battery drain has never been much of a concern over W8.1, I usually go in afterwards and tweak all settings anyways just to make sure, my reads on build 10586.29 though just has me gun-shy as it would just be another thing we'd have to contend with and definitely do not need.

OS/app performance and stability have been my main nemesis which seems to differ wildly from one device to another, as I mentioned before, the OS is much too inconsistent even with the latest build according to what I have read, gets very annoying/tiring constantly cycling through the motions required to install “in hopes” it will work.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Performance should at least be acceptable on a Lumina with 1Gb memory. If that is not the case, consider that it might be a migration issue trying to move all of your existing settings to the new OS. This can usually be fixed by going back to WM 8.1 (with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool), getting all the 8.1 updates, then downloading the Windows Insider app and getting back on the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade. Follow the instructions here.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Performance should at least be acceptable on a Lumina with 1Gb memory. If that is not the case, consider that it might be a migration issue trying to move all of your existing settings to the new OS. This can "usually" be fixed by going back to WM 8.1 (with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool), getting all the 8.1 updates, then downloading the Windows Insider app and getting back on the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade. Follow the instructions here.

Usually but not always as such is the case with my 1020/830, last build I tried was 10586.11, upgraded from W8.1 then performed hard resets on both, opted out of restoring from backups. On my 1020 it was sluggish and just not acceptable as a daily driver even after a 2nd hard reset, reverted back to W8.1. My 830 was usable although not without its woes, chose to bear with it but after three weeks or so the elusive OS degradation began to set in, overall performance began to get worse, screen responsiveness became an issue, on occasion screen would go blank upon performing a function (not frozen) and my only recourse to rectify was performing a reboot, after the third incident of this kind I promptly went back to W8.1.

In my opinion MS really missed the mark with both W10M aaand W10 for desktops, very sloppy implementations of the OSs going by my past experiences, every time they issue an update for either, something that was fine before gets messed up, have enough devices of each to know what I'm experiencing isn't a one-off situation, seems that as of late we spend more time looking for solutions to these problems rather than actually using the devices for their intended purposes, frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:

Zhana

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I deeply regret having Win10 on my 830. Not one thing is working properly! Shutting down pages, blank screen, battery does not even last one day, camera works every second day, selfie stick doesn't work anymore, music groove is just hideous, etc etc,....:( Guess I will have to go back to Win8

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I deeply regret having Win10 on my 830. Not one thing is working properly! Shutting down pages, blank screen, battery does not even last one day, camera works every second day, selfie stick doesn't work anymore, music groove is just hideous, etc etc,....:( Guess I will have to go back to Win8

If you search all forums, everyone resolved your iussue with an hard reset. A lot of 830 works well with 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb