Where is reminder notification tone seletion on Windows 10 mobile technical preview

Seamuzzaman Nahid

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I am using Window 10 mobile technical preview on Lumia 535. On Windows 8.1 there used to be an option on Settings>Ringtones+notifications where I could select ringtone and reminder notification tone. But I did not find any option to change reminder tone though there is option to change ringtone. Where can I find the option to change reminder notification tone?

hlava

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that's what I also would like to know. I didn't find it and interesting is nobody is missing it.

Yes, there is a notification center where you can set tone for almost any application but not for Reminder type. If you install any application that makes reminder, then it always uses the default sound but there is no option to change that default tone and also these apps never shows in the action/notification center so it's impossible to set them custom tone.

That's one of the things why I returned back to WP 8.1 and still hope it will be implemented in some later release.

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too am looking for how to change the tone for Outlook Reminders (not email or appointment tones). I use reminders quite a bit and find that the sound used is too short/quiet and I am often missing reminders. :(

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I too am looking for how to change the tone for Outlook Reminders (not email or appointment tones). I use reminders quite a bit and find that the sound used is too short/quiet and I am often missing reminders. :(

Go to Settings -> Notify , scroll app list to Calendar or Outlook, tap on it, chanche sound (you can preview them tapping on play icon)

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Notify , scroll app list to Calendar or Outlook, tap on it, chanche sound (you can preview them tapping on play icon)

There is no "Notify" option in WP10 under settings. When I view the setting for Calendar or Outlook there is no option for changing sounds. If you go to Settings -> System -> Notifications, there's no option to change sounds. If you go to Settings -> Personalization -> Sounds - Manage App Sounds -> Outlook Calendar, you can set your Ringtone you can change the "Notification sound", but this is the sound for appointment reminders. Not for Reminders (not an appointment).

What OS are you looking at?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There is no "Notify" option in WP10 under settings. When I view the setting for Calendar or Outlook there is no option for changing sounds. If you go to Settings -> System -> Notifications, there's no option to change sounds. If you go to Settings -> Personalization -> Sounds - Manage App Sounds -> Outlook Calendar, you can set your Ringtone you can change the "Notification sound", but this is the sound for appointment reminders. Not for Reminders (not an appointment).

What OS are you looking at?

OMG
System -> Notifications -> Scroll all page down to list till your app, then tap on it -> Change sound , preview with play key.
All apps sounds are in the same place!
A little menu scrolling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism