01-26-2016 03:25 AM
375 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Yes, same issue here with Cortana issue on a Lumia 640 XL, I just reinstalled my app and re-enrolled my device with the insiders app and its working now.
    12-21-2015 11:12 AM
    I did a hard reset in order to try to solve my connection problem and now I can't download speech or keyboards... 10 days for 2016 and this is still happening. Doing great, Microsoft!
    After hard reset you have to go back to insider app and email again. Reboot and keyboard will be there.

The issue is not ms rather a hard reset removed the insidet settings putting downloads back to real server which doesn't have them for your build.
    12-21-2015 11:15 AM
    After hard reset you have to go back to insider app and email again. Reboot and keyboard will be there.

The issue is not ms rather a hard reset removed the insidet settings putting downloads back to real server which doesn't have them for your build.
    If I read once more that bull**** of "redoing the insider app and rebooting" I'm going to kill someone... I've tried dozens of times with every build and it has never worked. Only thing working is going back to WP8.1 and I can't do it because my phone isn't connecting with the computer...

Anyway, so that happening has anything to do with Microsoft, is that what you are saying? Like some kind of magic makes that happen... The truth is Microsoft hasn't been even able to fix a simple server problem in 10 months.
    12-21-2015 11:37 AM
    L830 here.

Hard reset of 8.1 with Denim.
    Installation of Win10 mobile .29. Update all apps. No issues and phone very stable and reliable. All functions working normally.
    Insider upgrade to .36. No issues and no obvious differences. Battery life excellent with no heating issues. 64GB SD card set for photos, videos and music with no issues. Applications stored on phone. YMMV.

Happy so far.
    How about black screen for milliseconds?
    12-21-2015 11:52 AM
    Anyone confirm if hard reset is required with 640 ? So far it has been required to have things work properly.. not really excited to hard reset again.

Any features return that were missing from 8.1?

1. Scan a bar code without having to install an app ? (i.e. Bing vision)
    2. Detect a song playing from Cortana ? (now you need some app)
    3. Quiet hours automatically turn on during busy times on your calendar ?
    4. Edit the quiet hours response ?
    5. Glance does not show items from lock screen?
    6. SMS reply/creation using Cortana via Bluetooth performance fixed ? 8.1 was fast.. .29 lousy :(
    7. Cortana voice command to "Play MyFavoritePlayList" work ? Worked perfect in 8.1 leave a spinning ball on .29 and no music

Otherwise.. I think I'll wait for next build....
    Most of the issues you mentioned haven't been fixed, if anything there's now more issues to deal with. The cortana issue has now forced me to go to Android. I'm in the car most of the time and its RIDICULOUS how long it takes and how bad its gotten. Was amazing on windows7, fast and reliable. Got worst with Windows 8-8.1, but still very usable. Its garbage with windows 10. Many times will recognize the right command (i see it on the screen) and will come up with doesn't recognize command, please go again. The new delay horrible, how it didn't get detected during testing beyond me. Unless its a new feature. I liked the O/S for the most part, but Cortana has killed it for me. They have fallen so far behind Siri and even Google now its not even funny. Having somewhat human voice was nice, but when cortana dumb has she is, no point keeping her.
    12-21-2015 12:34 PM
    Lumia 720 keep freezing ! 3 month till leaving Windows Phone for good. 2011-2015 I'm done!
    12-21-2015 01:44 PM
    I'm having a good experience with this build on the Lumia 930. The only issuas are the occasionally "loading" screen (specially when opening WhatsApp) and the main one that is the battery. The most time I had using W10M was 10 hours, which means 10% per hour, what is way too much for a light use!
    Do someone know a way to extend battery life other than disableling background apps (which I already did) and sync settings?
    12-21-2015 01:54 PM
    These are PREVIEW builds in beta testing. Why does everyone complain..? Get over it.
    zei20t likes this.
    12-21-2015 01:55 PM
    These are PREVIEW builds in beta testing. Why does everyone complain..? Get over it.
    Well, the point of beta testing is to answer the complaints on newer versions, but for some reason, Microsoft keeps pumping out one pile of sh** update after another. It might be only a few amount of folks doing the complaining, but they are the ones who deserve the most attention. Otherwise, we'll keep on staying behind the curve, or in perpetual beta mode. (like some apps that aren't worth mentioning)
    12-21-2015 02:01 PM
    No sir, these are builds being delivered to final products such as 950 and 950 XL
    WayCool likes this.
    12-21-2015 02:03 PM
    No sir, these are builds being delivered to final products such as 950 and 950 XL
    No they aren't. This is for the W10M preview. PREVIEW. Fast Ring Insiders.
    12-21-2015 02:16 PM
    Well, the point of beta testing is to answer the complaints on newer versions, but for some reason, Microsoft keeps pumping out one pile of sh** update after another. It might be only a few amount of folks doing the complaining, but they are the ones who deserve the most attention. Otherwise, we'll keep on staying behind the curve, or in perpetual beta mode. (like some apps that aren't worth mentioning)
    There's the Feedback app for these issues. Use it. That's what these builds are for, feedback and continual improvement.
    lbp775 likes this.
    12-21-2015 02:18 PM
    Sorry buddy, these are RTM.. they now come loaded on hardware being sold. They no longer Previews. While they may not being released to general public yet, this what they will get "eventually" get. And i'm sure many won't be happy.
    WayCool likes this.
    12-21-2015 02:31 PM
    If I read once more that bull**** of "redoing the insider app and rebooting" I'm going to kill someone... I've tried dozens of times with every build and it has never worked. Only thing working is going back to WP8.1 and I can't do it because my phone isn't connecting with the computer...

Anyway, so that happening has anything to do with Microsoft, is that what you are saying? Like some kind of magic makes that happen... The truth is Microsoft hasn't been even able to fix a simple server problem in 10 months.
    You're both wrong and right. Until now, the "re-enroll to fast ring and search for keyboards" trick worked, it worked for EVERY build until 10586 on all my devices. On 10586, it wasn't even necessary.

But now, on 10586.36, after hard reset, I lost keyboards and that old trick doesn't work.

I suspect MS haven't uploaded the languages packages for that build.
    12-21-2015 02:32 PM
    Same problem here (unsurprisingly). Done a hard-reset, can't install speech packs and typing suggestions for keyboard. Tried the insider program re-enroll, did not work.

I assume there is no solution for 10586.36 then?
    12-21-2015 03:23 PM
    Updated a few days ago. No issues with the OS so far.
    But a lot of annoyances.
    For example, my first phone was Nokia 1610 in early 90's. When you changed a ring tone on it, it would play it so you know what you are choosing. This has been the case on every phone I owned since, Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung... For some reason this does not work on Windows 10!?
    Outlook app is pretty bad compared to Gmail and Inbox by Google. I have been manually moving promotional emails and social notifications to "clutter" but it is still not doing it automatically. Google was so good at this, I never saw any junk, now I am drowning in it!
    12-21-2015 04:25 PM
    .36 runs well in 920. Good battery life, smooth, working Apps Store, working Message+Skype without sucking too much battery, working Whatsapp notification. However, i still have these:
    1. i still cannot assign custom ringtone to a contact, it still will try to search for app to do that in store and die. I don't know if anyone of you still facing that problem?
    2. Launching camera, on rare occasion, will run into a totally green screen or totally black screen. I have to reboot to fix it. it is frustrating
    3. Cellular data usage calculation is still a bit off. It was so accurate in 8.1 that I have expectation for it to works just as well, but it is not. I will miss 5% of the data usage.
    12-21-2015 06:09 PM
    You're both wrong and right. Until now, the "re-enroll to fast ring and search for keyboards" trick worked, it worked for EVERY build until 10586 on all my devices. On 10586, it wasn't even necessary.

But now, on 10586.36, after hard reset, I lost keyboards and that old trick doesn't work.

I suspect MS haven't uploaded the languages packages for that build.
    Well, it work on EVERY build for you, it didn't work on ANY build for me in any device and I'm not the only one. I guess that having a rom from a different country adds more complications and amazingly, MS hasn't been able to solve this in the last 10 months. Now I'm just stuck without keyboard, speech and no option to go back to WP8.1
    12-21-2015 06:13 PM
    This is the exact build that are powering 950 and 950XL... if not, what do you think runs inside the new 950? :)
    MSFT has nothing else. The "Preview" is the core OS, of course, it gets update just like fast ring.
    12-21-2015 06:23 PM
    I have 2g connction can i download above 100 mb game in windows mobile 10 store
    12-22-2015 01:57 AM
    When you changed a ring tone on it, it would play it
    How about pressing play button to listen to a ringtone?
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    12-22-2015 02:00 AM
    I didn't read the whole thread but just wanted to point out that as soon as Lumia 550 came available (in my country), which was about two weeks ago, I bought one for my wife. Im not sure of the initial version of OS, but after few days of use the .29 came available, which I installed. The update worked fine (besides the false warnings about low storage). I heard afterwards that MS had pulled the update. Anyway, (even without being in Insider Program) the .36 came available on 18th and it has worked so far. I think the battery life was greatly improved compared to .29.
    12-22-2015 02:27 AM
    I think we all agree that so far it has been a bumpy ride. And for me it has'nt been a ride that installs a strong trust in where it is all going. MS is still struggling in putting out the software for a phone where Apple is winning every week in an other country.
    WayCool likes this.
    12-22-2015 02:49 AM
    Who cares about apple. Not me. Junk OS/Junk hardware over there....
    12-22-2015 04:16 AM
    I have Windows Insider Preview build 10586.26 installed on my Lumia 430 and i am facing a problem that my phone battery is not getting fully charged even after putting it on charge for 5 to 6 hours. Previously on Windows 8.1 it was charging fine and getting fully charged in 2 hours. Any one facing this same problem on their phones??
    12-22-2015 04:57 AM
375 ... 89101112 ...