10586.36 here it is

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Most of the issues you mentioned haven't been fixed, if anything there's now more issues to deal with. The cortana issue has now forced me to go to Android. I'm in the car most of the time and its RIDICULOUS how long it takes and how bad its gotten. Was amazing on windows7, fast and reliable. Got worst with Windows 8-8.1, but still very usable. Its garbage with windows 10. Many times will recognize the right command (i see it on the screen) and will come up with doesn't recognize command, please go again. The new delay horrible, how it didn't get detected during testing beyond me. Unless its a new feature. I liked the O/S for the most part, but Cortana has killed it for me. They have fallen so far behind Siri and even Google now its not even funny. Having somewhat human voice was nice, but when cortana dumb has she is, no point keeping her.

Thanks Tony.... I'll be holding off on the next build...

I'm dealing with crappy Cortana at the moment.... not sure what the next move will be... IOS? Definitely not Scroogle. Ugh..... Guess we can all go back to 8.1 and be a whole year behind the other mobile OS' ....

IMO no release preview should have taken place until they reached some semblance of feature equivalency to 8.1. just my .02.
Sad.

Last edited:

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
This is the exact build that are powering 950 and 950XL... if not, what do you think runs inside the new 950? :)
MSFT has nothing else. The "Preview" is the core OS, of course, it gets update just like fast ring.

I thought .36 is still preview? I have two non-insider 950's in my household that is still on .29. Mine is on .36 because I'm part of the insider program.

Zimmermann

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Reading all those different post about what is going wrong I sometimes think: first work on one phone, say the Lumia 930, and get W10M right. Then move on to other phones. Now it seems once stuff is fixed on one type of phone suddenly an other develops problems.

mdvision

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
L830 here.

Hard reset of 8.1 with Denim.
Installation of Win10 mobile .29. Update all apps. No issues and phone very stable and reliable. All functions working normally.
Insider upgrade to .36. No issues and no obvious differences. Battery life excellent with no heating issues. 64GB SD card set for photos, videos and music with no issues. Applications stored on phone. YMMV.

Happy so far.

Update:
I've now finished switching over to the L830 from my ATIV S. I had to get a new nano SIM as the Micro SIM in the ATIV S would not work without cutting it down. After the new SIM was activated and confirmed to be working with voice and data I did another hard reset. I noticed after the initial installation of .36 that mail was not syncing perfectly and calendar syncing not at all. After the hard reset and following application updates all was well! I then did a restore from the backup created on the ATIV S. Even my old start screen was restored with the same custom layout.

Multiple calendars re: my MS and Google accounts synced up perfectly. :) My three email accounts were restored perfectly and configured in a linked inbox!! All text threads were restored as well.

All my apps downloaded (130+) and were restored with the exception of only a few which may not have been compatible with Win10 mobile. I've not run into any gotchas. Not sure if I've been lucky or the procedures I've followed have made the transition quite painless.

The only remaining task is to pair it with my car bluetooth. If that works OK I'm good to go!

mdvision

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Tony.... I'll be holding off on the next build...

I'm dealing with crappy Cortana at the moment.... not sure what the next move will be... IOS? Definitely not Scroogle. Ugh..... Guess we can all go back to 8.1 and be a whole year behind the other mobile OS' ....

IMO no release preview should have taken place until they reached some semblance of feature equivalency to 8.1. just my .02.
Sad.

I'm not missing anything from 8.1 in my current Win10 installation and frankly like it much better so far. L830....YMMV. Sorry your having so much grief but wonder what makes my experience so different. Cheers.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Will any one answer that question i ask it three times? I have 2g connction can i download above 100 mb game in windows mobile 10 store

Have patience, some of us are at work and can't answer questions every 1 hour or so.

I used to use 2G network alot in my country and it used to take me 6 minutes to download a 5MB file. Now a 100MB game using store can be at least 2hours assumng your nrtwork is stable and store runs at full speed while downloading.

However, from experience, store doesn't work well with 2G unless your signal strength is very strong. I suggest trying to download at night as there's less traffic.

And this is just a game, nothing to be so anxious about. It's not a document that you have to send to your boss or a picture that you have to send to your family. Relax

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah battery life is still really bad on my Lumia Icon. It still gets really hot and drains super fast even when it's locked and hasn't been used in awhile. Even if I keep power saver mode constantly on, it still drains too fast. Not to mention a lot of chargers can't even charge it anymore and it'll either take 8 hours for a full charge or simply drain faster than it can charge. Only some high power chargers can actually charge this phone now and even then using it while charging will start to drain even with the high power charger.

This new build still doesn't really help at all. I'm beginning to wonder if it's because battery life issues can only be addressed by firmware updates which Verizon probably won't release anytime soon?

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
This is the issue that finally drove me away from Windows mobile/phone. Lots to love about Windows Phone, but Verizon doesn't have enough choices. I was considering the Lumia 735 but there are a ton of issues being reported. I'll take another look when the Surface Phone debuts.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
This is the issue that finally drove me away from Windows mobile/phone. Lots to love about Windows Phone, but Verizon doesn't have enough choices. I was considering the Lumia 735 but there are a ton of issues being reported. I'll take another look when the Surface Phone debuts.
I have a Verizon 735 and have had zero issues with it with WP 8.2. Not sure what you mean about "a ton of issues". I've installed Win 10 on it and I do have some minor issues even after performing a hard reset. Outlook notifications are borked and I can't get a notification sound even though the sound plays in the preview. Battery life is worse than it was on 8.2. Not truly awful, just worse. Besides that, Win 10 seems to be working ok.

Last edited:

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
I am using an unlocked AT&T 640 on T-Mobile with. 36 and have run into some issues. LastPass gives blank screens unless I turn to landscape and this is not consistent. My mobile banking site says it is not compatible with my browser, yet, I can access on my Win10 laptop.

I use LastPass frequently on a daily basis and for it to not be stable is enough reason for me to go back to Android as my daily driver. Voice and text functioned very well, however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)