10586.36 here it is

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have loaded Preview on my 635. Everything seems to work fine but I was hoping to get 1 android app to install - SMS Forwarding. But it seems Astoria has been removed. Can anyone confirm this? I would really like to move off of the Android for my work phone but if I can't auto forward the text messages to my personal phone then I have to keep it. Is Android the only OS that allows this? Anybody have any work-a-rounds?

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah battery life is still really bad on my Lumia Icon. It still gets really hot and drains super fast even when it's locked and hasn't been used in awhile. Even if I keep power saver mode constantly on, it still drains too fast. Not to mention a lot of chargers can't even charge it anymore and it'll either take 8 hours for a full charge or simply drain faster than it can charge. Only some high power chargers can actually charge this phone now and even then using it while charging will start to drain even with the high power charger.

This new build still doesn't really help at all. I'm beginning to wonder if it's because battery life issues can only be addressed by firmware updates which Verizon probably won't release anytime soon?

Same here buddy! I've tried every combination of hard resets, with restore, without restore, nada,.....battery life just sucks on the ICON. Average battery life is around 6 hours if I'm barely using it. I've only got a few apps installed, like facebook, twitter, and cozi. I have everything turned off in background that I can. I don't know what we're gonna do on the Icon.....it sucks having to plug it up every few hours "just in case" I'm going to be away from a charger for a few hours while Christmas shopping or running the kids around. Feeling an overwhelming need to be close to a charger has become a "habit" for me over the last 2 months....SUCKS!

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Look great so far, my 1320 was used to crash every day, now it's better. Today I go to work till 2pm, and forgot my phone on the table, I opened it, its battery was still 100%, that's impressive though not much of usage.

What I did is do a hard reset on 10586.29 before upgrading to .39 because of low space of storage. I did leave the option not to restore data on main storage to let it start 100% fresh.

nisheeth29

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with the clock running fast? I'm on a Lumia 1520 with AT&T in Long Beach, CA and ever since the latest update, I've noticed the clock running as much as 7 mins ahead. Weirdest part, several times during the day, it will fix itself, but then again jump ahead.

I have triple checked for "auto update date time", restarted multiple times but to no avail.

Thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Same here buddy! I've tried every combination of hard resets, with restore, without restore, nada,.....battery life just sucks on the ICON. Average battery life is around 6 hours if I'm barely using it. I've only got a few apps installed, like facebook, twitter, and cozi. I have everything turned off in background that I can. I don't know what we're gonna do on the Icon.....it sucks having to plug it up every few hours "just in case" I'm going to be away from a charger for a few hours while Christmas shopping or running the kids around. Feeling an overwhelming need to be close to a charger has become a "habit" for me over the last 2 months....SUCKS!

Remembered logging out skype? the new Mewssages + Skype drains crazy, even if you uninstall Skype and Video, without a full log out

anon9476898

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
When i updated my phone from build10586.11 to build 10586.29 my phone battery backup improved but after a two weeks my battery backup now falls quickly without using a phone.what i do now .help

Last edited:

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Those issues, and a bunch more on the Verizon support forums as well as on the Microsoft support forums. I'm waiting until Win10Mobile is ready for prime time and for there to be hardware that truly supports it.

I have a Verizon 735 and have had zero issues with it with WP 8.2. Not sure what you mean about "a ton of issues". I've installed Win 10 on it and I do have some minor issues even after performing a hard reset. Outlook notifications are borked and I can't get a notification sound even though the sound plays in the preview. Battery life is worse than it was on 8.2. Not truly awful, just worse. Besides that, Win 10 seems to be working ok.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Those issues, and a bunch more on the Verizon support forums as well as on the Microsoft support forums. I'm waiting until Win10Mobile is ready for prime time and for there to be hardware that truly supports it.
I wasn't sure if you meant as delivered or with it running Win 10. I myself have reverted back to 8.2 due to the notification problem and I also started seeing other issues like duplicate texts and some system apps crashing. The hard reset actually made things worse and I wasn't in the mood to keep trying.

I have been running this on an 822 and figured it was time to make the leap. Right now 8.2 is the better OS. I knew what I was getting into so no complaints.

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Please answer if there's any way I could install glance screen on this build on lumia 640. I by accident uninstalled glance screen app and now I am unable to install it from store because store says that my device is not supported or something like that.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
The type of screen used will determine if the phone can use the glance screen. My Lumia Icon had the wrong type of screen for glance so I didn't have it. Bummed me out a little as this is a great feature .

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I wasn't sure if you meant as delivered or with it running Win 10. I myself have reverted back to 8.2 due to the notification problem and I also started seeing other issues like duplicate texts and some system apps crashing. The hard reset actually made things worse and I wasn't in the mood to keep trying.

I have been running this on an 822 and figured it was time to make the leap. Right now 8.2 is the better OS. I knew what I was getting into so no complaints.

I really want Windows 10 so I'll wait and see if Verizon gets the Surface Phone.

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
After getting the update I get a loading screen. Switching between outlook to home screen or from twitter, whatsapp etc. The black loading screen takes about 40sec - 1min. Pretty darn irritating.

Phone 950xl

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
No, actually without this app, w10m uses glance screen from w8.1, but there is no app installed, so I can't change anything.not cool. If I do hard reset and I'll not delete glance screen app, it will update. But I don't want to hard reset just for glance screen.
Conclusion: 640 supports glance screen, but store says no,no,no.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Please answer if there's any way I could install glance screen on this build on lumia 640. I by accident uninstalled glance screen app and now I am unable to install it from store because store says that my device is not supported or something like that.

Have you check in the store under your history? Sometimes it lists apps there that don't seem to be available otherwise. If that fails, you could try using "SysApp Pusher" to download it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99