01-26-2016 03:25 AM
375 ... 131415
tools
    Mine has been behaving quite well after a hard reset. One full day and all is good.

Whats up with this Troso dude??
    No idea ask him hahahaha
    01-06-2016 01:23 AM
    Me? With Win10, I guess
    01-06-2016 02:18 AM
    If anyone lives closer to my place, I am willing to help them for free to set up their phone without any issues during any of the weekends.
    01-06-2016 03:34 AM
    Off topic:

Things must be improving a lot of insiders aren't clamouring for a new build. When I was 10512, this forum had so many posts about when the next build is coming and people wanted it fast
    01-06-2016 03:37 AM
    Off topic:

Things must be improving a lot of insiders aren't clamouring for a new build. When I was 10512, this forum had so many posts about when the next build is coming and people wanted it fast
    Standing by Gabe tweet about team coming back to work
    01-06-2016 06:16 AM
    I still can't download any language packs or proofing tools (after a hard reset), therefore I can't use Cortana.
    The other major issue is that when using the new Maps app for navigation, the GPS location display was progressively more and more lagging.

Otherwise I'm fairly happy with Win 10 on my daily driver 640XL.
    01-06-2016 05:51 PM
    Been a while since I chimed in on this type of convo. If MS didn't allow the general public to be on OS testing, these comments wouldn't exist. I shed not 1 tear for a bricked device or "snashed screen". These are known issues with a particular phone yet time and again someone thinks"won't happen to me", then blames MS. As if there isn't a disclaimer when installing Insider. SMDH. If every app is crashing or showing it needs a download, get back to the correct OS wait for the general rollout. Likely 2% are having that severe of an issue, and it's likely due to a funky install and the unwillingness of the installer to run a clean install.
    01-06-2016 10:22 PM
    I still can't download any language packs or proofing tools (after a hard reset), therefore I can't use Cortana.
    The other major issue is that when using the new Maps app for navigation, the GPS location display was progressively more and more lagging.

Otherwise I'm fairly happy with Win 10 on my daily driver 640XL.
    I had the same kind of issues, took me quite some time and frustration, so I restored with Windows Device Recovery Tool, then set it up without using a backup, let it update everything, (including all my text messages) kept checking for updates till there was nothing left to update, installed the Maps I needed, then languages/keyboards/speech etc that I needed. Then I installed insider let it update to .29 (no hard reset), then let it update to .36 (no hard reset). Then I went to the store and went to "My Library" selected the ones that I really needed and really use (ignored all the crap I had tried in the past).
    When all this was finished I went to "Battery Saver" and disabled anything that wasn't really needed in the background.
    I may have done a soft reset somewhere along the line too .......... BUT
    Now my 1020 works great, Cortana works, no heating issues, battery lasts well and I'm finally VERY HAPPY
    Only missing one app that I liked which was Lumia Refocus (bummer)
    My favourite app to create shortcuts to almost anything (along with some really cool tools included) would have to be Wintools, this one app has replaced so many separate apps I had cluttering my phone ......
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    01-06-2016 10:33 PM
    I had the same kind of issues, took me quite some time and frustration, so I restored with Windows Device Recovery Tool, then set it up without using a backup, let it update everything, (including all my text messages) kept checking for updates till there was nothing left to update, installed the Maps I needed, then languages/keyboards/speech etc that I needed. Then I installed insider let it update to .29 (no hard reset), then let it update to .36 (no hard reset). Then I went to the store and went to "My Library" selected the ones that I really needed and really use (ignored all the crap I had tried in the past).
    When all this was finished I went to "Battery Saver" and disabled anything that wasn't really needed in the background.
    I may have done a soft reset somewhere along the line too .......... BUT
    Now my 1020 works great, Cortana works, no heating issues, battery lasts well and I'm finally VERY HAPPY
    Only missing one app that I liked which was Lumia Refocus (bummer)
    My favourite app to create shortcuts to almost anything (along with some really cool tools included) would have to be Wintools, this one app has replaced so many separate apps I had cluttering my phone ......
    I think you can still download refocus. Check your downloaded apps history
    01-07-2016 12:20 AM
    I rely on voice navigation with music via Bluetooth in car, windows 10 and contana is impossible to use now, 8.1 was pretty good, but I now carry my little old android device that does it perfectly and super quickly, which is basically what you need when driving.

If they can sorry this and match the speed and fluidity of windows 8.1 in the next build please.
    01-07-2016 12:37 AM
    I rely on voice navigation with music via Bluetooth in car, windows 10 and contana is impossible to use now.
    You mean GPS and also using your device to stream via Bluetooth? Usually I'm gps and car radio, that works good, guess I should try streaming audio from the phone
    01-07-2016 01:22 AM
    Yes I use my Phone with its GPS, and voice feedback to navigate to places, also whilst playing music all through the bluetooth that connects to my car radio, works a treat, with 8.1 and android.
    01-07-2016 03:04 AM
    I don't know if you got the same but after the update all was pretty good but suddenly, after 2 weeks more or less, all got unstable....Did a hard reset but this made all more unstable :/ wtf is going on? :(

What I mean about unstable?: I can't swipe up lock screen easily (screen flicker), too many lags in Edge, app menu...kind of this stuffs.
    01-08-2016 09:46 AM
    I'm seeing the same type of stuff on my 920. It ran fine for a couple of weeks, now it's very laggy, apps close spontaneously, keyboard won't come up, Edge is crazy slow, BT drops or won't connect and calls using BT are staticky to the point that you can't understand what's being said. And I'm very tired of doing hard resets.

Two of my coworker friends have been diehard WP supporters like me since the 7.0 days (we all bought Samsung Focuses!), but they've both switched to iPhones in the past 2 weeks. I won't give my money to Apple, but I'm sorry to say I'm starting to look at android. I'm flabbergasted that MS has screwed up their mobile business so badly. I've been directly responsible for bringing at least 8 friends and family to WP over the years, but now I'm starting to feel embarrassed about it.
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-08-2016 10:49 AM
    I'm seeing the same type of stuff on my 920. It ran fine for a couple of weeks, now it's very laggy, apps close spontaneously, keyboard won't come up, Edge is crazy slow, BT drops or won't connect and calls using BT are staticky to the point that you can't understand what's being said. And I'm very tired of doing hard resets.

Two of my coworker friends have been diehard WP supporters like me since the 7.0 days (we all bought Samsung Focuses!), but they've both switched to iPhones in the past 2 weeks. I won't give my money to Apple, but I'm sorry to say I'm starting to look at android. I'm flabbergasted that MS has screwed up their mobile business so badly. I've been directly responsible for bringing at least 8 friends and family to WP over the years, but now I'm starting to feel embarrassed about it.
    Empty Edge cache and check integrity of your sd card with a pc / notebook
    01-08-2016 01:10 PM
    I'll try emptying Edge cache, but I already have Edge disabled for background ops, so it shouldn't be affecting anything.

The 920 does not have an SD card slot.

One thing that has changed is that I got a Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas, and it's been BT connected to my phone. A lot of my problems have been with BT lately, and the Fitbit is constantly losing connection with the phone.

The phone has been insanely hot too. I performed a soft reset (twice!) just a bit ago, and then had it sitting on my wireless charger. I did not open any apps after the reset. Within 5 minutes my battery level dropped from 52% to 34%, WHILE CHARGING. I have glance and WiFi turned off at the moment. I'm going to turn off Bluetooth as well and see what happens.
    01-08-2016 01:45 PM
    During the time it took me to type that last post, my battery dropped to 19%.
    01-08-2016 01:47 PM
    During the time it took me to type that last post, my battery dropped to 19%.
    When you upgraded to 10, from 8.1, did you factory reset and set up as New phone not from a restore
    01-08-2016 04:52 PM
    Yes, full reset to 8.1 and a clean install. No backup restore. I reinstalled all apps from scratch.
    01-08-2016 05:48 PM
    Yes I use my Phone with its GPS, and voice feedback to navigate to places, also whilst playing music all through the bluetooth that connects to my car radio, works a treat, with 8.1 and android.
    Just finally got around to it with a long enough drive.... On a business trip currently, streamed my sports talk radio while driving with GPS for 30mins. Voice prompts properly stopped the stream to tell me something then stream started going again. I was pleased.

Connected to a FORD focus SYNC system, 950XL with .29OS and recent firmware for the phone.
    01-18-2016 10:29 PM
    This build is the most unstable for me so far (Lumia 1520). Yesterday I had two app crashes (WhatsApp and messaging) and overall slow performance temporarily occasionally. Today I had a random reboot. First time in W10M and I've used a few builds. I factory reset on last build and it seems I might have to do it again and see if it makes things more stable.
    01-20-2016 02:07 PM
    This build is the most unstable for me so far (Lumia 1520). Yesterday I had two app crashes (WhatsApp and messaging) and overall slow performance temporarily occasionally. Today I had a random reboot. First time in W10M and I've used a few builds. I factory reset on last build and it seems I might have to do it again and see if it makes things more stable.
    Install build 10586.63, this one is outdated.
    01-21-2016 01:24 AM
    Install build 10586.63, this one is outdated.
    Forgot to mention I'm talking about .63

I'll give it a few more days and see if it continues I'll reset.
    01-21-2016 01:44 AM
    Forgot to mention I'm talking about .63

I'll give it a few more days and see if it continues I'll reset.
    Ahhh okay good luck haha
    01-21-2016 02:24 AM
    new problem found, my outlook still show unread email even all emails have been read. it still show the new email notification even this email is deleted. 640xl lte ds
    Sent from my Tapatalk Win10 edition
    01-26-2016 03:25 AM
375 ... 131415